Thread: A Few Emails

Default A Few Emails

Warning- you're about to be slammed by text. If you're bored and have time, read on. These meant a lot to me, so I thought I'd share.

The original email more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli
    I'm down for parties, man- just keep in mind I pretty much work a whole hell of a lot. Though I've taken the 3rd-10th off in October when you get home so we can pretty much chill. Let me now if you'd like me to extend it a few days or move it around.

As for style man, don't have the chicks pick your shit out- you want to surprise them. That's where I come in; I can find what fits you perfectly I bet. My toned body won't be too much different than my current one, minus two-four inches of waist, which can be negated by a belt =P

I just went out tonight and bought a new shampoo and conditioner, toothpaste- things like that. I've decided I'd like to live my life following a new sense: smell. My sense of smell is probably one of the most important things to me, and I want to feather it all over the place. So this is what I'm thinking for my room:

First off, I clean it. Haha. I need to move some hardware around and make it look less retarded, but you get the picture. Next, the scent I want in my room will probably make you laugh a bit- coffee. But not just any coffee; I want to go to the market 1-2 times a week and buy fresh coffee beans, and put them in some sort of container in my room. Let those waft around my room for a while and sink in; it'd be like heaven.

I was also looking for a new body wash today, and some soap- but everything I found was either too pungent or too fruity; I want something soft, yet definitive in it's own way. Something that isn't girly or fruity, but doesn't attack the nose like Old Spice does. This probably sounds weird as hell to you, but I promise I'm not a metro =P Baha.

Josh and I are both attempting to stop drinking sodas- my mom also buys them A LOT less. I have maybe a can or two a day now; that's massive. I try to eat three times a day only, with maybe some sort of snack between lunch and dinner.

I've also decided in college I'll be taking Itallian instead of French, and that I want to make a study of Medieval arts and musics; the techno/rap/formulae rock thing is just old now. I like rock as much as ever, but it just doesn't stir the feelings as it once did for me. I've never been any more bad ass than anyone, and listening to a certain type of music or dressing a certain way won't make me like that. I'm simply someone who can handle himself in a given situation- be it physical or mental.

I want to sharpen my mind- get even quicker than I've become. I want to take my body to a new level I haven't tried before.

There's so much I want to do with myself, and so little knowledge on how to go about it. I want to be an amazing cook with a delicate taste- I want to be able to play football with the best of them and still be comfortable going home and listening to Pachelbel.

The amount of shit I want to do staggers me, and only one thing gives me comfort:

That I have plenty of time to do it. I'm 19 years old. Close to 20 at this point.

It'll still take me 13 years to live as long as Jesus Christ. There's still time for me.

Error does not become Truth because it is widely accepted;
    Truth does not become error, even when it stands alone.

Paired with: Mex - Eve

Response:

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Braun
    Now seems like a really good time, since I don't feel like doing anything else. You know I hate the navy but one of the things the navy got me into is travel. There are a lot of retarded places in the world but there are some places that are just awesome. One of the things I am looking foward to doing when I get home is reviving my study of foriegn languages. I still remember quite a bit of German but before I continue on with that I want to learn the most useful language in the world. Spanish. I didn't think much about it before but it's not just because we have such a large spanish peaking population in America but all over south america and in most of north america there are spanish speaking nations everywhere. There are also enough people back home to get practice everyday. Once I become fluent in Spanish, I want to finish off German and become fluent in that language too. I don't know if I want to pursue any other languages after that, maybe. But one of the things I AM going to do, not a dumbass fantasy of "Oh, I would like to ______" because that's setting yourself up to never do it. But I am going to backpack across Europe. I definately want to do it with a friend and you're probably the most likely friend of mine that would want to do that. Plus if you learn to speak Italian, that's at least 4 languages between the two of us.

I talked to a guy here who owned/ran a cyber cafe when he has home. It went out of business (due to the high school near him closing down) but I got a lot of ideas from him. I plan on taking a lot of small business classes when I get home in college to learn about all the shit I need to know; zoning laws, property and business taxes, etc. all that shit. Ideally I will get everything kicked off with the cyber cafe and after a while when it becomes more or less self sufficient, I want to spend a lot of time traveling. I love Australia dude, it is one of the best places in the world. I wouldn't mind coming back to Japan, and I have not even touched Europe yet. There is also this book I read (still reading it) called the 4 hour work week. It's really good and I'll let you read my copy when I get home next month. I'm really stoked about setting this cyebr cafe up, I even have a friend of mine here who want's to get into it. Barry or Licid in CoA said that if I am serious about getting the place up and running that he would move down to Atlanta and get into it.

The best part, while it will take a little while to do all that above, education and career wise, I can start the physical aspect of my life immediately. The navy is draining, ineffeciant, stressful and too managing. All of which only work against you if you're trying to get or even stay in shape. In a month all that is lifted. I'm coming home dude, and in a way that only people who have had close encounters with death know (i.e. cancer survivers, survived some kind of calamity) the whole "you're supposed to do this" is bullshit. The whole idea that something as incredible as life is bound to be, you go to school, you get a job, you get married, you retire, you die is just shit. Fuck that. Oh man I could go on about that forever, but back to the subject in point. When I get home it's on. I am getting my ass seriously into shape. I'm decent, no adiquite is probably the better word now. That is unacceptable to me. I need to get my muscle mass back up, get my bench back to 200 and go beyond. I want to get my arms a little bigger and get everything more toned. I need to cut more fat and get ripped. Plus I want to do a lot on the cardio side too, I want more stamina as that can help in other areas of ones life. I think eventually I'd like to be able to run a marathon. So much to do. But I will have so much time or free time rather when I get home compared to what I have now.

I have some money saved up, but inevitably I will run through it or need more to get my business kicked off. So I am begining to think of some of the things I would like to do. I want more out of life than a 9 to 5 and I want more out of a job than 9 to 5. I am a social whore, more or less now, very different than when I was 19 (pre-navy) so I want to get into something like that. I hate customer service and I hate working for people. So that cuts out a lot of shit, but leaves some fun things. Bartender, dude that would be awesome. It combines a lot of my hobbies (alcohol and social interaction) I get to get people drunk off alcohol I didn't pay for and meet cool people and hopefully a lot of hot chicks. Plus it leaves me plenty of time to work out in the day, go to school, etc. Also more incentive to look good, as being the center of attention, and when you're trying to get drunk whoever is getting you there is that person, often does... Holy shit, that last sentence is structured cool as shit. I know there are other jobs I would like but atm I can't think of that many. I just hate the idea of being too controlled, I want to have at least some freedom in what I do.

I have a lot of other persuits to follow when I get out. I have a bad-ass drum set I'm looking at and I am going to learn to play, good. I have a love of snowboarding that goes back almost 10 years man. I have got to get back on the mountain. Speaking of which man, I want to start planning a annual thing where we go out west, with a group of friends rent an appartment near the mountains for a month and buy a seasonal lift ticket. Then all we have to do is have fun. The possibilities on that are insane, imagine how many hot girls we can meet out on the mountain invite back to our place have parties etc. etc. etc. A quick side note too, it feels good to get all these ideas out, I was thinking about all this stuff a while ago and I actually started getting depressed because I was not home to persue them, now I'm close enough that it's a good thing. I really don't miss tv, I don't much care for tv either I have no plans on getting one when I get my own place, aside to play an occasional video game. Even then my real only vice is WoW, but meh, whatever, there is so much to do in life why waste it watching fictional charachters act out boring ass stuff. Now admittedly there is some good shit, Heros, Lost (what I've seen anyway), Sopranos, etc. but that shit all comes on DVD eventually and can be tivo'd by people who have it.

Damn what else. Oh, girls man. I love women. I want to get home and be able to meet new people, not that my core friends aren't enough, far from that, but like I said I have become kind of a social whore. Also now that I have a great deal more game than I did before I want to put it to use. You're one of the few friends I have who can keep up with me, hell you probably exceed me but you're a natural anyway so now that I can keep up with you we should follow this kind of thing together aka let's be wingmen. I hope we can get our other friends into the kind of shit I know we're into. It would be awesome to get like Jay, or Kevin or anyone really in on some of the shit like renting an apartment in the rockies for a month, or going across Europe. Seriously dude my friends are the greatest thing in my life, I have a small toast in the back of my mind for when I get home so you get kind of an early preview, I know how incredable life is because I have seen how shitty it can be. I am going to live an awesome life and one to the fullest of my ability but it's empty without anyone to share that with. I don't mean a significant other but what good is getting a place in the rockies for a month to go snowboarding if I'm riding the lift up by myself and have no one who can tell the story with me. It's so weird man, but I am really a much different person than I was four years ago. I was never this outgoing before in my life, never really knew what I wanted out of life or anything, but being here has really made me think and reevaluate everything. I know now I'm not really on any subject, I'm just writing my thoughts but isn't that what writing is anyhow? So I'll close up, since I have written a lot already and write back, cause well, honestly it helps the time here go by and I like hearing from home. Any ideas I mentioned that you like, tell me about it and we can start planning some shit, and feel free to add anything else. I'm out for now but I check my e-mail a million times a day so just hit me back as soon as you can and I'll reply pretty soon after I get it.

Oh two quick things before I go. Where are you working now? and I get to Yoko on Saturday so I will be on WoW like a mofo for the weekend, I have duty like Sunday so I will probably call or something that day. Take care.

-Steve

A follow-up email.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Braun
    I really don't feel like working right now so I'm going to think of some things we can/should do when I get back, plus there were a few things I did not adress from your last e-mail. Just don't expect much organization in my writing. Adressing some of the point in your last e-mail, one of the things you talked about that resonated with me the most was cooking. I am going to learn how to cook like a fucking champ. Having the shit that they give us here for the last 3 years is depressing, now that I will have control of what I eat when I get out I don't want it to go to waste, plus it saves money when you make shit for yourself.

As far as my clothes and style, I don't mean girls I'm dating or fucking or anything like that, but my female friends who will give an honest opinion. Though in actuallity, you are probably a better choice for that anyway. Whateves though, only thing is I don't have a limitless amount of money, I want to hang on to what I've saved. I mean, I am going to spend some money, why make it if you don't enjoy it, but I don't want to burn through it in a month either. Also I know you're not metro, though you may be a little off in some ways I quit drinking sodas. I only drink when I drink now. Haha, I like saying that. I have soda only when I am drinking alcohol so I don't drink any coke or anything when I eat, usually I have water. Now I just have to get home and work out.

So some shit to do. These are just going to come as I think of them. We have to get our asses back down to Flordia, I remember going there all the time and that place is the shit. We should seriously entertain the idea of going down there for spring break next year, plus with all the working out we're doing when I get home we will be able to meet a lot of cute/hot girls and have a bad ass time.

I'm thinking sometime when I get home this year we should get a nice snowboarding trip in, out west. I know my mom and probably Claudia are down for doing something cool when I get home and this would be one of the coolest things to do (pardon the pun) due to the season I get home. Plus it has been a long time since I've gone, and out west is way better than any of the shit we have on the east.

I'm still thinking about making a bar down in your room on the other side of the wall, at the very least we should clean it and get more room for when he have parties/get togethers at your place. I don't mind helping with that when I get home. In fact, after the coming home party at Mike and Jay's we should get to your place and just knock that out, the cleaning side of it anyway.

I'm thinking that since we're going to be getting that taken care of, we whould host a halloween party for everyone and test out the capacity of your room and that room combined. Basically meaning we have a huge party down there and invite a fuck-ton of our friends. I'll bartend to those who can drink and basically we just throw a badass party. Also it works best if your mom is out or at someones that night.

I am going to be mailing something home, and now that I think about it your place is the best place to do it. I am going to send this stuff home called chi-hi. It's a Japaneese drink with a bit of alcohol in it. Thing is, they're delicious and the drunk you get off them is so different. If you've drinken enough, you know there is a difference betwen being beer drunk and being liquior drunk, this is like a whole other kind of drunk, it's insane. So some night we need to have a chu-hi drinking night. I will send a fair amount of them home but I don't know if we'll have enough to do this more than once, so we'll have to make it count when we do. Also just a side not, I have an awesome camcorder so we can record some of the cool shit we do for anything hat has been mentioned.

We do need to hit that road trip up, sometime before the year ends, we can always go on more road trips later but he gotta at least hit Chicago and maybe Texas too, my boy ted gets out in early December so who knows, just keep it in the back of your mind somewhere.

Oh man, this is something that is a little way out but worth mentioning now. I want my 24th birthday to be fucking huge. Epic even. The way I see it I need to celebrate it and the last 4 years that I missed my birthday, so we're packing half a decade of birthdays into one night. Luckily I will be home in time to meet a lot of new ladies and revive some of my old friendships that have lost some of their touch. I am also thinking about getting something cool like fucking lazer/wulf to play or something, obviously that can't really happen in someones house (noise levels) but maybe we could rent someplace out or something, I don't know exactly but you kind of get the idea how huge I want it to be.

Like I mentioned before, I am really thinking about getting into bartending to make some money before I get my cyber cafe set up, so I want to get in a lot of practice amking and mixing different shit. So we definately need to be throwing a lot of parties when I get back, and I still think setting up something in the room downstairs next to your room is an awesome idea. Even if they aren't all awesome huge parties some small get togethers with just a few friends where I can practice and try some new things would be the shit.

Oh snap, dude. When I get home, we so need to have a fucking stargate marathon. Not in one sitting because 10 seasons is fucking insane. But dude, any one of us who is into sci-fi or epic stories (and holy shit man, I can't think of anything right now with more story line) which should be a lot of us since we are all into the final fantasy thing needs to be in on the marathon. It's the origional movie, which is decent, but then it explodes into the best series fucking ever, 10 seasons and they are making two movies to close out. One which wraps up the SG-1 story line, and another which is intended to start another series and Stargate atlantis is still running strong and I believe is planned to run for a while longer. You will really love this story dude, it's all related, like things that happen in our galaxy affect things in Atlantis and vice versa. I don't want to spoil too much of it, but the story is so massive and flawlessly executed. They literally tie the whole universe into one giagantic story that unravels everything. It gets into some really philisophical stuff too, like meaning of life, and what the human race can accomplish as a whole. It's real intellectual, something like mind candy or something, plus there is no shortage of action or comedy. Awesome examples with no spoilers, there is an episode (a two-parter actually) with massive land and space battles that go on simultaniously. They are insane battles too, movie like special effects. There are actually a lot of episodes like that. There's also one you may have seen where Earth gets caught in a time loop and only Teal'c and Jack Oneill are aware that it is occouring, so they have to figure out how to stop it, which is cool cause usually it's Carter and Jackson who solve the scientific stuff, but they realize at one point since everything will be reset they can do whatever they want, so they start doing really goofy shit, like golfing through the stargate, riding bikes through the base, etc. Oh I could go on about that show forever, but I won't.

I'm actualy going to go get some food to eat, I might get back on the e-mails and stuff later because I really kind of stopped working here. I have 23 days left and working just isn't a priority to me. But your ass need to be e-mailing me back. I'm out for now son, but I will write more soon, take care.

-Steve

My response:

Quote Originally Posted by Eli
    Ballz dude, I'm not sure if I can bring myself to write something so large. I'll give it a shot though =P

I'm working at a Sports Bar right now called Diggers- you may or may not have heard of it. I love it there. I'm a bit of an odd man out, but that's because my life's in a rut right now; I'm counting on you to fix that.

I've saved no money, and I have a shit ton of community service I need to be doing before October 18th or so- but besides that man, I'm down for everything.

Especially snowboarding. Good God.

The coffee idea is flawless, by the way. My room smells like God's kitchen.

Cooking. Dude. Christ. So much to say- so little energy to say it. I think I'll start with my problem.

I've been apathetic in the extreme. I'm tired all the time, and just don't care. I can't get close to any women because I don't care about them; no one shows me they have even half the heart I do. All I've seen in the world is selfishness, and the ability to take. And even then, women can't handle my heart. I love hard- I used to live hard.
    Both have stopped.
    I need to get going- need to be doing something.

As for bartending- it's difficult. You don't just get to bartend; you generally have to work your way up the serving staff. You definitely need to go to school for it, and I'd suggest some bar in Atlantic Station if you can manage. A gay one would be really good too- flaunt what you have to make what you need. It comes down to chicks or money when picking where you want to bartend at, though =P

Let's see.
    Oh.
    You want a Stargate marathon.
    I'm down, on this condition-
    You watch Scrubs with me.
    *Amazing*.

Clothing- we can do well at discount stores in JC Penny. No lie- $15 for pants and shirts, and it's good quality and nicely tailored shit. At least at first- just something to get you wearing. We'll want to spend around $150 when you get back originally, and save the rest of it for when you can lose some waist and chest line sizes- same for me. Something to look nice in, until you can make money to afford the tailored shit built for a body, and you have the body to wear it.

Finding a good hat is important- sunglasses as well. They need to mesh well. For the shaved head look, you want to lean towards light jeans and between color shirts- or shades of beige with a hat to match.

We need tans. Pronto. it'll be early october, with just enough time for a base tan and possible shades before fall screws us. It'll be to the tanning beds then.

Cardio- 'eff running.
    Swimming.
    We'll join a gym with a pool. It's softer on the joints and body in general, and gives you more work out. You work all your core, and most of your extremities, when swimming. It's perfect. Get in shape, get healthy lungs.

I want to be able to play volleyball on a beach and not be winded Haha.

I want to learn to surf again.
    I want to learn sophisticated drinks, and aquire a taste for wine. Once done, I want to spend about $300 on a bottle, and taste real, quality, alcohol. Not to get drunk, but to simply enjoy it.

I want to mix the sophisticated life, and the college boy one. I want the body of a running back, with the mind of a connoisseur, the manners of a sociocrat, and the mannerisms of a baseball dad. I want to be able to enjoy beer with my friends, and fine dinners with my wife- ordering in Itallian of course haha.

I want to learn French, Itallian- possibly German. I honestly believe my mind can hold this information easily; I'm not dim or slow by anyone's measures except maybe Stephen Hawking, and then who can blame me.

I want to be more. I want to see Europe as well- the arts and the museums. The women, and the rivers. And the women. The historical sites; the history of that part of the world. And of course, the women =P

Don't get me wrong- my priority remains my mind and self-transformation. But a hot bitch or four along the way never hurt anyone haha.

I want to learn about medieval art and psychology- I want to learn how the human works. I was thinking about psychology in college. I've got an amazing grasp of the human through empathy- now if I can tweek it with science I'll be a force.

I'll never be stuck up or snobby- I'll remember my roots. I just want to be able to sit and play a piano through the beautiful melodies of Vivaldi or Bach- Mozart or Beethovan.

Or Warmness on the Soul of A7X =P Haha.

I don't know man- I doubt there's enough time in life to do what I want to =/ lol.

This is probably the most honest view of me any of you will ever get. This is me and my closest friend going back and forth about a moment we've waited for tremuously for 4 years now- his exodus from Hell, or America's armed forces as you may know them.

This guy is the closest person to me, and knows me better than most people easily. On top of that, there's no bullshit between us- we're frank and straight.

If you ever wanted to watch someone when they think it's just them and the person they trust the most, here's your chance.

hahasgahsghagshahj glkADJSAHFGJHASFHHaggagsgahahahaha

rofl. I read the first paragraph of the first letter and just stopped. I was laughing too hard xD hahaha.

You morons should be praising this. Best post of the new forum.

OH, BY THE GODS! He changed his name back!? praise be to Yevon "blitzball bows" hahahah.
    KS these emails are interesting to say the least, i read the first one ill eat through the rest laterz
    Life... INSANITY IS KEY!!

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    That could mean 2 things in my book!

1) You are laughing at my FF10 comment integrated into my post.
    OR
    2) You think that post was newbish in some sort of way...

State your reason...
    Life... INSANITY IS KEY!!

A low to mid functioning sociopath. Shadow's Avatar

Dogar, simply superb.
    "I can't explain just how it feels,
    the thoughts of my premature burial.
    Inside this oblong box I lie,
    with the hope I'll be buried alive."

http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/ind
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/tra

Advanced Trainer

I think it's cute.

21 Days and counting.