Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3000th post

my life does suck, which has no baring on your assessment

happy awesome power kung fu jimmy chow's Avatar

cats game is going nowhere, and you call yourself a supreme commander, hmmph
    Greatness Reincarnated

TA, part of the reason nobody changes when you ask them is because you go about asking for change in this whiny manner. Has it ever occurred to you to change methods at least?
    When the Devil is too busy
    And Death's a bit too much
    They call on me by name you see,
    For my special touch.

Disembowelment is forthcoming Yojimbo's Avatar

Yea, he's gonna change the course of PD with a flaming army in the back of his mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    Im growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.
    - Snakes on a Plane (As if spoken by a proper Englishman)

Registered Users Regular TeenageAngst's Avatar
    Mount Cynicism, at the corner of Nobamaland and Itoldyousovia.

I tried going by example with Borkly, I mean that alt just screamed "LOOK AT ME I SUCK!!!" and was the embodiment of all the crappy pseudo elites here. No one seemed to catch that though it was just "shut up TA get off your mule".
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire
    Ill bring you to your knees
    Ebb and flow with my desire
    Cause its all that youve been taught to be

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jimmy chow View Post
    becuz he lacks the flame of a warrior
    Jimmy, next time you single-handedly usher in a new era on a forum that was bound by rules like those of Serebii, then come back.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

After I joined other forums this past month, I've found just how hard you guys attack any new people. If that had happened to me in those other forums, then I would think that the forum wouldn't be as great as the overall people think it is.

Personally, I think if I didn't join before Dogar or God came around then I might've been shunned from the Misc. as well. PD's losing its grand to me. I just wish that it was the same as it was two years ago. I'm just not feeling the reasons to post anymore. It's always the same people; same deal. It's not very exciting to post that way...

In essence, I've made about 800 posts on other forums these past two weeks if you wanted a comparison.

Well if we can all pitch in to help change it, then we can have our old PD back.
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    Im growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.

At this point, that's doubtful.

Well quit doubting it and help atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by TeenageAngst View Post
    I tried going by example with Borkly, I mean that alt just screamed "LOOK AT ME I SUCK!!!" and was the embodiment of all the crappy pseudo elites here. No one seemed to catch that though it was just "shut up TA get off your mule".
    No it obviously wasn't. Your long gimmicky posts with him didnt reflect the elites style in the slightest. Stop trying to change history to make it more convenient for your argument.

happy awesome power kung fu jimmy chow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    Jimmy, next time you single-handedly usher in a new era on a forum that was bound by rules like those of Serebii, then come back.
    Has he been doing anything like that recently, no he hasnt, so shut your ass hole
    Greatness Reincarnated

Quote Originally Posted by pichubro View Post
    After I joined other forums this past month, I've found just how hard you guys attack any new people. If that had happened to me in those other forums, then I would think that the forum wouldn't be as great as the overall people think it is.

Personally, I think if I didn't join before Dogar or God came around then I might've been shunned from the Misc. as well. PD's losing its grand to me. I just wish that it was the same as it was two years ago. I'm just not feeling the reasons to post anymore. It's always the same people; same deal. It's not very exciting to post that way...
    We really aren't too bad to new members. Our new members suck a lot more than most new members at other forums, and we give them much more of a chance than they deserve.

this is not quite the newspaper smack on the nose of PD that i think TA probably wanted it to be

no one respects you like they used to, man. i remember being completely frightened of you. now... eh. maybe i was just unused to good flaming back then, or maybe you lost your touch. probably a mix.

A lot of people don't understand old PD. There were MORE shitty members than there are now, but good people actually made good posts. There is no way to bring back old PD short of bringing back the members that made it good but are now gone.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    We really aren't too bad to new members. Our new members suck a lot more than most new members at other forums, and we give them much more of a chance than they deserve.
    Well not to bash on PD or anything, but half of the reason is because we're so different from all of the forums. Aside from the Pokemon General Board, Misc., Music, and RP boards we don't have much activity. We also haven't caught the Wi-Fi wave that attracts so many people on other forums. And the brazen setting of some areas turns off some members.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Well, I'm not sure you can prove that... But I guess I should've said something like "We don't allow people as easily to become one of the regulars than we did about two years ago."

TA's lost his touch because he fucked off of PD for a year and went to play WoW because he paranoialy felt jealous of being pushed out, and when he came back, he didn't really do anything to change things for the better, just bitched a lot for one day, went off to play WoW for 2 weeks, then came back for one day and bitched some more. He never follows up and he's no longer relevant, and it's his fault.

And I still like TA, he's one of the best posters ever, and the Top 3 most important of all time, but it's the truth.

Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeenageAngst View Post
    My rant is based not totally on hard facts but on the kind of impressions these people leave. For example, I can't prove with solid evidence God's life sucks, only he could one way or the other, but after reading what he says and watching how he acts I get that impression. Some parts of the post may in fact be total bullshit but how am I to know since these are the kinds of people you portray yourselves as, and I dare you to prove me WRONG on any of those accounts. Also, yes I do state the same thing over and over, that's because no one here seems to listen the first time. And until it gets fixed I'll continue to say it.
    It's not just that, the apparent impression you have doesn't seem to have any backing in reality, which is what makes this so stupid.

I need to give TA props for one thing - he keeps forum matters in personal matters separate. We're arguing here yet talking civilly on AIM. More people need to learn to do that.

About this whole bitching about PD thing - it never works. Ever.

The only thing that EVER made PD better is great posters coming back, making good posts and threads, and inspiring others to do so. PD sucked in the beginning, me and Dogar came, instead of bitching about its suckiness, we moreso added goodness to it, and it worked. PD was getting a little boring, then Mario first joined, made the PD loser disfest and brought a new brand of posting, and it reinvigorated it and made it better. The forum sucked all year, then this summer Dogar came back, revitalized it, made good threads and posts, made PD funner to be on, so other people started making good posts, too.

Mario came back and tried to fix PD by bitching about it. It didn't work. People at PD don't want to be bitched at and told to change, they want great posters and threads to make it fun to be on, and inspire them to post well themselves. That's how it's always been, that's how it will always be, and people need to realize this soon.

I concur god. You put it down better than TA does.

And therein lies the problem Tim. PD is a bit too proud to change, and it would take a good deal of effort to change PD. More effort than most people would care to put in. And the number of people who could change PD are small to begin with. The number of people who aren't and feuds with another member who could change it and refuse to cooperate with them is even smaller. Then among those, there is the people who would actually want to work for it.

Aside from getting back all of the MIA great posters, nothing much is going to change.

PD doesn't change. It changed when me and Dogar came. That's it. It will never change again, it will always be PD. But it will get better and worse. The only way for it to get better it for good posters to come.

Truth be told, TA is indeed one of the main people who could make PD better, but he is going about it the entirely wrong way. And yes Nocturne, childish feuds have always been a big part of PD, and that is a bigger problem than anything right now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast