Thread: I was just wondering

Zantor

Default I was just wondering

It seems as if their are different types that are linked in three with a dominating type

Example:
    Psyscic
    Ghost
    Dark(dominating type)

wat others are their

Welcome to Eternal Hell. How may me help you? Espeon's Fury's Avatar

The shit are you talking about?
    Pairs: The LacemakerThe NiginatorTeresaHickyNinetails009KS Jr.YojimboGokuQoorl

E.N.T.E.I.
    Hatches @ 2520
    Completed @ 2768

You just noticed that? Why do you think they use the Fire, Grass, Water combination?

Zantor

no thats not wat i mean like heres another one

Grass
    Poisin
    Bug

bakerguy08

bugs don't beat poison, does it

Zantor

no i actually never found the dominating type in that one i think bug and poison are evenly matched

Welcome to Eternal Hell. How may me help you? Espeon's Fury's Avatar

Wait, I think I get it. Here's one:

Grass
    Bug
    Fire

and...

Ice
    Rock
    Steel

Don't ask me to explain this, btw, I still don't completely understand it.
    Pairs: The LacemakerThe NiginatorTeresaHickyNinetails009KS Jr.YojimboGokuQoorl

E.N.T.E.I.
    Hatches @ 2520
    Completed @ 2768

Zantor

What i mean is like with Bug,poison and gras s in real life they have a connection

poisin ivy trees and insects are all related in everyday life(they all belong to nature)

bakerguy08

Quote Originally Posted by Zantor View Post
    What i mean is like with Bug,poison and gras s in real life they have a connection

poisin ivy trees and insects are all related in everyday life(they all belong to nature)
    ok some people think they are physics, there not, and there not really anything as ghosts, and what the hell are dark things?

Zantor

im not saying they have to be real but when people think of ghosts they think of dark old houses thers where dark comes

to people ghosts are unknown things just like psycics

DRK_Charizard

Emo Kids and Goth Tards are Dark. Maybe thats what he ment?

bakerguy08

good point

I think you can put them in three groups depending on how interactive they are (Ie. super effective/resistant) with the other types. With slight exceptions (such as fire vs bug / fighting vs. rock) there are little interactions between set 1 and set 3. Set 2 are types that sit between the two and are most commonly found in dual type pokemon, having only a few final stage evolution pokemon possessing types from this set alone. (Ie. not dual type)

Group 1: (the elements group)
    Fire, Ice, Electric, Grass, Water, Ground, Rock

The elements group interacts very well with eachother, as every type in this group has at least two weaknesses and two strengths (except electric to which ground is imune and also the only weakness to electric tpyes)
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Group 2: (the semi-passive group)
    Steel, Poison, Dragon, Flying,

These types are almost always found in dual type pokemon, and interact with both groups one and three (with the exception of dragon which only interacts with group one and two)
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Group 3: (the "psychic problem" group)

Normal, Dark, Ghost, Psychic, Bug, Fighting,
    __________________________________________________ ______________

I call group 3 the "psychic problem" group because due to the fact that in the original R/B/Y series, psychic was regarded as the strongest type by far because there were no viable types that could defeat it. This problem lead to the introduction of Dark type, and adding power to Ghost and bug types. Fightng was there to counter Dark, and Normal to counter Ghost. The otherwise neglected Bug type gains double strength against dark and psychic, but doesn't attack gohst type very well.

I dunno if that makes any sense to everyone, maybe I didn't phrase it very well, but it's just how I see it.

I deem your theory wrong in some aspects since dragon doesnt JUST take elements. Example being latios and latias dragon-psychic or giratina dragon-ghost.
    Life... INSANITY IS KEY!!

It's not as deep as you're taking it... It's just some of the elements are quite closely related when you put them into real life.

I believe fire is a stand alone but water and ice are similar. Rock and ground. Steel and rock..? [because they're both hard?] I don't flying has any similarities to others.. maybe normal but I don't really have a reason. Fighting and normal?

None others that I can think of. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    I deem your theory wrong in some aspects since dragon doesnt JUST take elements. Example being latios and latias dragon-psychic or giratina dragon-ghost.
    Sorry I didn't explain myself very well. What I meant to say was, that the dragon type (as a type alone) only has super-effective/not very effective-ness with goups one and two, I wasn't meaning to say that it didn't have dual types in other groups.
    Sorry if I didn't say that well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lacemaker View Post
    It's not as deep as you're taking it... It's just some of the elements are quite closely related when you put them into real life.

I believe fire is a stand alone but water and ice are similar. Rock and ground. Steel and rock..? [because they're both hard?] I don't flying has any similarities to others.. maybe normal but I don't really have a reason. Fighting and normal?

None others that I can think of. =/
    I see what you mean, but I was just attempting to group them to the nearest sets, in terms of whats super-effective/resistant to each other.
    Of course it's not completely exclusive as I mentioned. But I just figured it's a rough fit.
    But like I say it could just be me that sees it this way. lol.