Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Most Important Day In History?

Itty Bitty Kitty of DOOM. Peeki's Avatar

some say he's italian

Quote Originally Posted by DataSubject001 View Post
    I dunno...I'd say that the most important day in American history is the day that the first settlers landed on the coast of the 'New World'.

I mean, the British weren't the first people on the land, but had they never landed or discovered America some other country would have. I'm sure the Chinese or Japanese were wondering what was on the other side of the world, just like England was, and had Columbus' idea been rejected, they prolly would have colonized the West coast.

Now had England gotten to the punch a few years later, which I'm sure they would have, we'd have a war between England and the Chinese/Japanese. Basically it would have changed everything.

That's what I think. =)
    It took until the 1800s to get to the West Coast.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

All I know is that he had a boat that crashed into an island and started calling people Indians. Oh, and it was 1492.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    And Columbus wasn't English. He was Spanish. He had nothing to do with New England settlement.
    Oh yeah, I forgot....I get mixed up between where Columbus discovered America and when the settlers sailed to America.

Quote Originally Posted by DataSubject001 View Post
    I dunno...I'd say that the most important day in American history is the day that the first settlers landed on the coast of the 'New World'.

I mean, the British weren't the first people on the land, but had they never landed or discovered America some other country would have. I'm sure the Chinese or Japanese were wondering what was on the other side of the world, just like England was, and had Columbus' idea been rejected, they prolly would have colonized the West coast.
    I don't think China would've, they were rather engulfed by the theory that they were the Middle Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lacemaker View Post
    I don't think China would've, they were rather engulfed by the theory that they were the Middle Kingdom.
    Well, they actually did discover it first, definitely before the Europeans and after the Scandinavians/Vikings. There was a fleet who sailed around the world, allegedly, and discovered the West Coast of North America. I'll find a link eventually... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1421_hypothesis

thats a pretty flimsy hypothesis

Understand that they were the brains that invented paper, gunpowder, and printing among other things. To this day they dominate many other foreign countries and take over the greater paying computing jobs.

nvm, you were referring to the Wiki hypothesis. It is pretty weak.

asians were the first to america, 8,000 b.c via the land bride that used to connect asia to what is present day alaska. "native americans".

how about the day jesus was born? It effects 2.2 billion people everyday, must have SOME signficane eh?

pre-civilization nomad spreading doesnt really count though. we're talking exploration by already set civilizations.

the day jesus was born could definitely be argued but no one knows what day it was or if it actaully happened, most historians agree he was a real historical figure but there are some some-what valid disputes. he most likely was though.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Thought this would be interesting. What was the most influencial day in history?

I think it's probably the day Franz Ferdinand was assassinated, which the Astro-Hungarians used to start World War I, which resulted in the Treaty of Versaille, which ruined Germany, which allowed Hitler's raise, which started World War II, which caused the baby boom and the youth culture of the 60s, massively changing American culture, and also leaving America as more of a world power than ever, which obviously carries over to America being the only world power today.
    When Pokemon was created.(I need a life)Jk
    (Munchlax)
    Hatches/Complete!
    Completed @ 715

Completed VPPs:
    Paired with _Nithreus_,Lord94,Oni Raichu

I fink dat when pokemon became is the best daY in history!!!
    We've already established that this response is below low.

Ok.
    (Munchlax)
    Hatches/Complete!
    Completed @ 715

Completed VPPs:
    Paired with _Nithreus_,Lord94,Oni Raichu

Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar

That only really effects the most recent events in history. To find the most important day in humanity you'd probably have to go back to the species inception. Farther back then that the birth of the earth and farther still the big bang and farther still until you end up somewhere completely different. Only reason being because there isn't really a "most important day" considering that every day goes into the weaving of humanity and the only thing that comes close is the period in time that made it all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DNA Experiment EX001 (Shadow XD) View Post
    In my life I will have the abilities to do things that will be remembered until the end of time, while you will most likely be known as the guy that likes pokemon and was raised by kangaroos.
    I really do like it when kids in elementary school think they're born with supernatural powers that make them more special than those around them.

I'm willing to bet money you are an only child.

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    That movie made me shit myself in utter confusion. I bet Tim/adam/GS/TA liked it a lot.
    It was pretty cliche and redundant actually.

it was ok. overrated. as far as pseudo-complex movies that dont mean as much as they want you to think they do it's pretty good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123