Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Feral Children

  1. #1
    Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    477

    Default Feral Children

    I thought this article was rather interesting:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070119/...m_woman_odd_dc

  2. #2
    Strawberry Lemonaid Signal Flare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Califuckinfornia
    Posts
    2,977

    Default

    Woa... now that's strange. o.O
    Pairs: MPT, Panda Rocker, MEX, SuikunMyuu, Zapdos, CL, Link, Revan, DSX, Kelsh, and Goku!

  3. #3
    Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    477

    Default

    I found an amazing site a few months ago: www.feralchildren.com

  4. #4
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,805

    Default

    yeah we studied this stuff in my sociology class earlier in the year

    theres some cases where for whatever reason parents keep their children totally secluded in a room with no contact for like 10 years and they find them like that
    "I'll go," said Chagataev. "But what will I do there? Build socialism?"
    "What else?" said the secretary.

  5. #5
    Itty Bitty Kitty of DOOM. Peeki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    ibkodopolis
    Posts
    9,692

    Default

    I'd love to see how I'd turn out if I spent 18 years with cats.

  6. #6
    Revolting Mex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Green Inferno
    Posts
    39,937

    Default

    blarrgghh
    When the Devil is too busy
    And Death's a bit too much
    They call on me by name you see,
    For my special touch.

  7. #7
    Itty Bitty Kitty of DOOM. Peeki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    ibkodopolis
    Posts
    9,692

    Default

    meow i'm going to bite your head off

  8. #8
    Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kaleidoscope Of Mathematics
    Posts
    18,317

    Default

    I watched a show on Feral Childern a few weeks back, and it said that if you don't teach your child how to talk by 4 (2-3 is one of it's "critical points" in life for love and teachings), there's a chance they'll never learn to talk because without affection or social contact, the child's brain doesn't develop properly.
    In the 1400 or 1500s, a man taught a 12 year old feral boy manners, hygine, affection, and even some music, but he couldn't teach the kid to talk. His brain was too underdeveloped.

  9. #9
    COMBAT WOMBAT!! SS__'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    here
    Posts
    3,886

    Default

    I watched a documentary on them a while back.

    Quite Interesting.
    :3

  10. #10
    Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pichubro View Post
    I watched a show on Feral Childern a few weeks back, and it said that if you don't teach your child how to talk by 4 (2-3 is one of it's "critical points" in life for love and teachings), there's a chance they'll never learn to talk because without affection or social contact, the child's brain doesn't develop properly.
    In the 1400 or 1500s, a man taught a 12 year old feral boy manners, hygine, affection, and even some music, but he couldn't teach the kid to talk. His brain was too underdeveloped.
    you're thinking of the boy of Averyon, otherwise known as Victor. It was in the 1800s, not the 1400s or 1500s.

    And
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    yeah we studied this stuff in my sociology class earlier in the year

    theres some cases where for whatever reason parents keep their children totally secluded in a room with no contact for like 10 years and they find them like that
    And you're thinking of the girl known as "Genie," who was kept in her room tied to a plastic potty for more than a decade. Really rather sad. I have a book on her at my house.

  11. #11
    Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kaleidoscope Of Mathematics
    Posts
    18,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dead Walrus View Post
    you're thinking of the boy of Averyon, otherwise known as Victor. It was in the 1800s, not the 1400s or 1500s.
    Sorry. I'm not too keen on dates.

  12. #12
    COMBAT WOMBAT!! SS__'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    here
    Posts
    3,886

    Default

    there was a girl from russia who grew up with dogs
    :3

  13. #13
    Itty Bitty Kitty of DOOM. Peeki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    ibkodopolis
    Posts
    9,692

    Default

    Is tarzan a feral man?

  14. #14
    I Have Returned... (Sucks For You!) =D Haruhara Haruko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Just A House.
    Posts
    1,578

    Default

    Probably. He was raised by gorillas, which are animals.
    ^Made By EarthDragon! Thank-you!^


    I Hate You, You Hate Me... ~<3

  15. #15
    Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    477

    Default

    but tarzan is fictional

  16. #16
    Hadouken! The Azn Party Boy™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Doing Karaoke
    Posts
    7,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peeki View Post
    Is tarzan a feral man?
    no his an Ape Man



  17. #17
    Advanced Trainer
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,585

    Default

    I loled @ this thread.

  18. #18
    Street Justice Hero Fullmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Crusading
    Posts
    16,240

    Default

    Feminists. Notice the feralchildren site says "Wolf girls and dog boys". boys cant be wolves?

    Either way, sounds like feral kids need to man that shit up.

  19. #19
    Hadouken! The Azn Party Boy™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Doing Karaoke
    Posts
    7,767

    Default

    I wanna be raise by wolves



  20. #20
    Street Justice Hero Fullmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Crusading
    Posts
    16,240

    Default

    I want to be raised by sharks so i grow extra rows of razor teeth and gills, but i want to retain my human lungs so i become the ultimate predator.

  21. #21
    Hadouken! The Azn Party Boy™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Doing Karaoke
    Posts
    7,767

    Default

    yeah right



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •