Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This WILL change your life

Default This WILL change your life

I am in all seriousness here, you MUST, absolutely MUST watch this, force yourself to. If you have dial-up, go to a friends house to watch it with him/her. This movie is a good hour and a bit. It is non-profit, took a year of research, and was just recently released this year.

Zeitgeist.

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

It deals with religion, 9/11, economy, and many other things the American people, among others, are being lied to.

Please watch it, show your friends, teachers, parents, and maybe even your dog.

I'd LOVE to hear what you think about the movie, it's absolutely mind blowing.

-Backs.

oh god

You know what, I am finally going to watch it just to debunk it for bullshit.

what this thing is a fucking hour long

couldnt i just listen to a ron paul speech

i thought this was a TA alt, i really did.

it isnt

5 minutes in and this is the stupidest thing ive ever watched

more stupid than watching minorities march for rights?

to be honest yes

Bullshit Flag #1:

Similarities between Horus and Jesus.

from religioustolerance.org:

On the other hand, Christian theologian Ward Gasque surveyed twenty contemporary Egyptologists. He asked them about the relationship whether Horus experienced a virgin birth. Ten responded, They all agreed that there is no evidence that Horus was born of a virgin
    Hm, 10 Egyptologists unanimously agreed that there was no concrete evidence that Horus was mythologically born of a virgin. There is just a slight inference so people like to latch onto that. Moving on.

Twelve desciples?

"...my research in the academic literature does not surface this fact. I can find references to four "disciples"--variously called the semi-divine HERU-SHEMSU ('Followers of Horus'). I can find references to Sixteen human followers. And I can find reference to an unnumbered group of followers called mesniu/mesnitu ('blacksmiths') who accompanied Horus in some of his battles. ... But I cannot find twelve anywhere."
    From the same site.

I will Niginate all who oppose me. The Niginator's Avatar

Is this bullshit that is being put up about religion and the fact that Horus and Jesus resemble each other and all that crap? Basically the stuff from the Da Vinci Code drawn out into 1 hour?

The religion part of this movie would be pretty interesting if his facts were straight and it wasn't so bias. I could probably write a book debunking this by the time it's over.

Registered Users Regular TeenageAngst's Avatar
    Mount Cynicism, at the corner of Nobamaland and Itoldyousovia.

Thanks Backs. Thanks for taking my somewhat serious topic and stripping it of all intelligence. I know the facts aren't airtight and I know a some parts about the religious stuff is bullshit. It's religion, it's very nature is bullshit. Some parts are exaggerated and some parts are taken out of context for embellishment but the point of the movie isn't to give you a history lesson on religion (hence why he skips some details and uses terms like "broadly" and "generally" and "perceivably") it's to show you Christianity isn't original in it's ideas and theology and doesn't differ much from other religions that came before it.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire
    Iíll bring you to your knees
    Ebb and flow with my desire
    Cause its all that youíve been taught to be

Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar

Well, yeah. But it doesn't take an hour to explain that.

it takes about half an hour to illustrate it, and then it goes on to other subjects related to it. The 9/11 and Christianity things are sort of like corollaries to his final point.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire

his final point that hes a whiney pseudo beret wearing college twat?

No you elitist cumstain, that the American public needs to take a more critical view of what's going on in it. It's not so much meant to be a conspirator's bible as it is to be an emotional shotgun blast to get people out of their normal trains of thought and step back and look what's going on in their country and their lives. If people get the motivation to check his sources or do their own research then the film is accomplishing it's goal, to get people to see for themselves what's going on. Seriously God I expected better than this from you, I don't post this shit as absolute fact and the maker never claims it is. In fact the maker of the film suggests on his site to do your own research because you shouldn't take his word for it. If you want to look at it like it's factual in every sense of the word and try to debunk it you're gonna find what you're looking for as it's made to spark emotion and debate, and that involves embellishment. Which by the way is why I had it in the debate forum in the first place THANK YOU BACKS FOR DRAGGING IT IN THIS HELLHOLE.

Here I am with my empire

Quote Originally Posted by TeenageAngst View Post
    No you elitist cumstain, that the American public needs to take a more critical view of what's going on in it. It's not so much meant to be a conspirator's bible as it is to be an emotional shotgun blast to get people out of their normal trains of thought and step back and look what's going on in their country and their lives. If people get the motivation to check his sources or do their own research then the film is accomplishing it's goal, to get people to see for themselves what's going on. Seriously God I expected better than this from you, I don't post this shit as absolute fact and the maker never claims it is. In fact the maker of the film suggests on his site to do your own research because you shouldn't take his word for it. If you want to look at it like it's factual in every sense of the word and try to debunk it you're gonna find what you're looking for as it's made to spark emotion and debate, and that involves embellishment. Which by the way is why I had it in the debate forum in the first place THANK YOU BACKS FOR DRAGGING IT IN THIS HELLHOLE.
    So he spent a year researching and made an hour long completely biased claim just to get people to be more critical? It's a fucking internet documentary, the only people who will fucking see it have already heard of these things. Also it is OBVIOUSLY not just for people to be more critical, he is trying to get his bullshit across, as he makes untold snide remarks throughout. And yeah he did his research, he read every one sided biased source he could get his hands on. No counter-sources because that would be counterintuitive to the "point" he was trying to make. This is like reading a fucking blog by a guy who has a Paul 08 images as his avatar.

You haven't even watched the full thing yet.

Here I am with my empire

i've already watched like 5 federal reserve documentaries already, but ill finish this one up tomorrow i guess

Quote Originally Posted by TeenageAngst View Post
    To be honest it's not like anyone who already didn't question things like that is going to after seeing this.

What leads you to that conclusion? Seemingly stupefied ramblings aside I'm pretty sure Backs' mind was blown open.

Here I am with my empire

I doubt many people Backs' age (11,12?) are going to be exposed to this in the first place, and being young an malleable of course he's going to be SHOCKED AND AWED by it. Besides that I wouldn't be surprised if he likes it because it is challenging Christianity to a certain extent.

Is that such a bad thing?

Here I am with my empire

Since its being done entirely in the rage against the machine fashion, yes.

HOLY SHIT IT'S THE DARK LORD HE'S BEEN TRYING TO USE YOU ALL. THREAD OVER ABORTABORTABORTABORT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast