Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This WILL change your life

Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar

[20:53] Blackshark497: wow an intro with a 2 minute abstract intro
    [20:53] Blackshark497: documentary with * jesusfuck
    [20:53] Blackshark497: I even punctuated it correctly
    [20:53] heyitsthatfrog: Yeah, it was good music to work with while I blew TeenageAngst's world APART.
    [20:54] heyitsthatfrog: TOOL OF THE DEVIL

Registered Users Regular TeenageAngst's Avatar
    Mount Cynicism, at the corner of Nobamaland and Itoldyousovia.

Am I supposed to know who's who in that?
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire
    Iíll bring you to your knees
    Ebb and flow with my desire
    Cause its all that youíve been taught to be

i dont even know who that is

The only person who has added anything worthwhile to this thread, of course.

heyitsthatfrog=codi=that guy with the cock in his avatar=me

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Squid View Post
    I doubt many people Backs' age (11,12?) are going to be exposed to this in the first place, and being young an malleable of course he's going to be SHOCKED AND AWED by it. Besides that I wouldn't be surprised if he likes it because it is challenging Christianity to a certain extent.
    He's 19.

Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar

Mentally?

Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar

Of course Christianity takes a load of stuff from other religions. So did Judaism and Islam. Where do you think they got the story about Noah's Ark? Several other ancient religions in the Mesopotamian region have the same story with some minor details changed. I thought this was common knowledge...?

"Tell that to the more than 100 million Americans who believe the end of the world is coming."
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire

Quote Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
    Of course Christianity takes a load of stuff from other religions. So did Judaism and Islam. Where do you think they got the story about Noah's Ark? Several other ancient religions in the Mesopotamian region have the same story with some minor details changed. I thought this was common knowledge...?
    Judaism, Islam and Christianity are the same religion until Jesus was born. Literally.

Every religion has similar great flood stories, most of them occuring around the same time, probably because there really was a massive continent-wide flood.

The guy who made this video is really ignorant to what the bible actually is. So are 99% of Christians too but TWO WRONGS DONT MAKE A RIGHT.

There was a Jody Foster movie about how many wrongs make a right. I forget how many it was.

Here I am with my empire

I really appreciate the feedback, thank you TeenAngst for seriousness in thought. I posted this on this forum and several others I have joined over time and very sorry I forgot about this site (I have password forms saved for this site in AI Roboform, so I just thought I'd pop in this fine Christmas).

I had a very long talk about this with my History teacher who is also a psychologist and he thinks this:

Here is a truth scale:

----------------------

This is where the general public's intelligence is:

X---------------------

This is where the Movie's is:

---------------------X

And this is where the truth is:

----------X-----------

But really if you didn't exaggerate anything in movies you wouldn't grab anyone's attention. And the info on the site a very good debrief to settle you down with a new wit of thought.

This is pretty old but I'll revive it.

OK, now even more serious then I was with Zeitgeist, another movie just released within the last few months is ENDGAME.

Please please please, this one is an official documentary by Alex Jones, and the facts in this are BANG ON. This movie is entirely focused on the 1 world government plan for global enslavement.

You have to buy the movie so: bittorrent, magnet link, P2P, DLL, and crackapp it! remember, sharing is caring ;] unless of course you want to buy it, by all means do it. But really, if you have any disregard for this as more bullshit, seriously f*** off. If you are like TeenAngst I assure you you'll find this more enjoyable and valid than Zeitgeist.

P.S. other movies you should('ve) watch(ed), it's christmas, when you're not partying or having some fun with your girlfriend you shouldn't have anything better to do (not open to debate), are:

-Fahrenheit 9/11
    -SiCKO
    -An Inconvenient Truth

And if you are on a quest for some interesting films:
    http://freedocumentaries.org/index.php

And Merry Christmas

no one should watch any of those movies unless they want to laugh at them

although i haven't seen sicko. america should have universal healthcare, but moore's view on the matter is probably skewed and ridiculous

"Ignorance is no excuse" will bring you to justice someday then =) I don't rule people's lives, take info or leave it, it's only for the better, nobody piles days upon days of time into making something to bring no impact (Good or bad). What's to say these documentaries are wrong? nobody, nor right either, info is info. If it makes you happier then don't watch it.

And just pointing out, your entire argument you're giving is a logical fallacy, whether opinion or not.

Whatever, no need to fuss over this on xmas, your life, your choice. have a good one =)

did you just passively call all of us stupid backs?

*Merged*

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal View Post
    I don't know, I didn't intend to if that's what you need to know. If you care about me calling you stupid, then I'm sorry. =)
    ---------------------------------------------------

SiCKO was very good, muy comico too. Makes me happy to be a Canadian.

I don't know, I didn't intend to if that's what you need to know. If you care about me calling you stupid, then I'm sorry. =)

Oh and your backs are not specifically stupid either (pun intended).

And stupid's definition is simply lack of inteligence in one way or another, so technically speaking, you me and everyone are stupid in some form.
    Last edited by Backs; 12-25-2007 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Merge

Quote Originally Posted by Backs View Post
    "Ignorance is no excuse" will bring you to justice someday then =) I don't rule people's lives, take info or leave it, it's only for the better, nobody piles days upon days of time into making something to bring no impact (Good or bad). What's to say these documentaries are wrong? nobody, nor right either, info is info. If it makes you happier then don't watch it.

And just pointing out, your entire argument you're giving is a logical fallacy, whether opinion or not.

Whatever, no need to fuss over this on xmas, your life, your choice. have a good one =)
    What the hell are you even talking about? Of course information is information. Wrong information is bad information. Sure I'm glad that I knew these view points exist because it expands my knowledge - I'm also glad I know that they are completely wrong so I am not a total moron.

What is the logical fallacy of my argument anyway?

not really. i fancy myself pretty smart but you can spout more ignorant shit like that all night if you want. my question was:

Quote Originally Posted by Backs
    This is where the general public's intelligence is:

X---------------------
    and i ask again, are you saying all of us are passively stupid?

not really. i fancy myself pretty smart but you can spout more ignorant shit like that all night if you want. my question was:

and i ask again, are you saying all of us are passively stupid?
    Do you know what general means? applying to most members of a category or group. And most means majority, so technically again, not ALL, just most people.

Edit: Oh just pointing out you changed your wording from: "passively saying we're stupid" to "we're passively stupid". Nonetheless, some of you are both I suppose.

Michael Moore, as entertaining as his crap is, has very few valid opinions.

Al Gore had a good cause with An Inconvenient Truth, but it was really not presented that well.

michael moore isnt entertaining at all unless you like disgruntled fat men angry at the world for their lack of sex try really hard to be funny and fail incessantly

and yeah backs what was the logical fallacy of my argument

yes thank you semantic master, i know what generalizing means. being a master of generalization myself, i know you can't make a sweeping generalization like that then say "i'm generalizing it doesn't apply to you guys". that's a good way to wiggle out and dodge taking heat for it, but i'm not a retard.

you can't call the public that everyone is apart of stupid because we didn't watch an overly biased movie that's sole purpose was to get support by inflaming people.

Backs is a pseudo-intellectual college know-it-all who tells stories that he "heard from a guy" on a forum to sound cool. Why would his opinion be valid?

And the info on the site a very good debrief to settle you down with a new wit of thought.
    if you are talking about zeitgeist his sources are every bit as bias as the film he made suprise suprise

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast