Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Homosexuality

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

I agree, self-control is obviously important... murderous men should ideally not murder people and I'm sure that was something he would have gone on to say

Lymphoma Superstar Uganda Pikachu's Avatar

Homosexuality is okay.

I'm surprised i hadn't posted in this thread either. man, i missed out on a lot.
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]

Wow, pokedream used to be REALLY gay huh?

I don't know if I have an innate urge to go against the pack but I found myself defending everything that razr bitch had to say. That's pretty bad.

yeah that was an unprecedented amount of vitriol. its pretty ironic.

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

I'm so late to this it's not even funny, but whatever, it turned up as an active topic.

In the words of the great and knowledgeable Jim Sterling: "Now I knew ignorant morons from the Fifties equated homosexuality and paedophilia, but I had no idea it still went on today among relatively young, more worldly people - more fool me. I almost can't believe I'm about to do this, but let me explain it to you in the simplest of terms: Paedophiles. Fuck. Kids. Okay? Are you with me so far? Paedophiles fuck kids. Now I don't know what c***ing planet you live on where two adults having sex is just as wrong as a man raping a child, but if that's how you think, then turn this video off. [...] I think I'd come close to suicide if I seriously had to sit here and explain the difference between two grown men making a conscious decision to screw each other, and a man on a park bench with his dick hanging out wanting to fuck a baby in its face! If you really don't see why paedophilia is a whole other level of wrong that doesn't deserve to be on the same table as a discussion about homosexuality, you're a fucking bad person." - The Jimquisition.

Thank God for him.

what is that even in response to the editor

I don't really know; I heard paedophilia being mentioned earlier, and there's never a wrong time for the gospel of Jim, so here we are.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Pedophiles are attracted to kids, child molesters actually go through with it. Not all pedophiles are criminals by default.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

If you want to accept that sexual attraction is inherent and cannot be changed, then you also need to accept that some people can be attracted to children without external reason (not that it's right to act on this impulse). I think that's the argument Jim Sterling is strawmanning.

no what hes arguing is diametrically opposite to what youve stated. hes responding to people who equate homosexuality with pedophilia/argue that legalization of homosexuality will result in acceptance of pedophilia by claiming that two consensual adults wanting to have sex is not morally equivalent to adults wanting to fuck children - if you dont agree with his viewpoint you are a 'fucking bad person'.

oh wait, by

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    that's the argument Jim Sterling is strawmanning.
    do you mean 'thats the argument hes trying to refute'? if so youre using strawman incorrectly.

also this guy is an enormous faggot

literally and figuratively

also while i have an excuse to talk about the escapist, can i just mention how it is the worst online gaming website in the history of the internet? the place is a cesspool of socially awkward, unfunny morons - its where intellect cringes itself to death. no one would even go there if it wasnt for yahtzee.

although i will say i appreciate moviebob's review of dhoom 3

Quote Originally Posted by pichubro View Post
    Pedophiles are attracted to kids, child molesters actually go through with it. Not all pedophiles are criminals by default.
    paging king

Im lesbian yo

Okay, first off, it's not a strawman, it was a response to actual comments made by people after a previous video about Mass Effect 3. Secondly, the point being made in the comments was that, if you allow homosexual relationships in a game, you have to allow paedophilic relationships as well. These are things said by people who exist. Now, no prizes for guessing why depicting a romantic or sexual relationship with a minor is A Bad Thing. Jim's view is that, if you think depictions of homosexual relationships in media are just as bad, if not worse, than depictions of paedophilia, then you are a bad person, because they are such vastly different things.

Also good luck depicting paedophilia without it coming across as extremely disturbing for anyone watching, Solly.

good to know the editor puts so much stock into the socio-political teachings of people who write about video games

Yeah, I should really listen to the general voice of the internet instead.

Or you guys!

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    Okay, first off, it's not a strawman, it was a response to actual comments made by people after a previous video about Mass Effect 3. Secondly, the point being made in the comments was that, if you allow homosexual relationships in a game, you have to allow paedophilic relationships as well. These are things said by people who exist. Now, no prizes for guessing why depicting a romantic or sexual relationship with a minor is A Bad Thing. Jim's view is that, if you think depictions of homosexual relationships in media are just as bad, if not worse, than depictions of paedophilia, then you are a bad person, because they are such vastly different things.

Also good luck depicting paedophilia without it coming across as extremely disturbing for anyone watching, Solly.
    Well I'm sorry I didn't correctly interpret a specific response taken out of any context.

I am a transgendered atheist.

And ED still is weird.

she's going through a lot.
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234