Thread: Question on my Kricketune

Garrion

Default Question on my Kricketune

I'm currently using this skill set. Double Team, Sword Dance, X-Scissor, and Return. I was wondering what I might need to change. I have DT to reduce DMG I take due to avoidance and SD is inc DMG and the other two for attacks. But I was wanting some advice, and wondering if there was a prefered choice to double Team. And how many times should I use DT and SD each battle to be effective?

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

The trouble with DT is that moves like Miracle Eye, Foresight and so on cancel it. However, the alternative is Sand Attack or similar, which don't carry when the opponent faints and can be thwarted with Keen Eye or similar. Generally you won't be able to do better, so don't worry about it. If you want you can also take a Lax Incense to decrease the opponent's accuracy even more.

DT is generally effective (and excruciatingly annoying) after three or four uses. SD depends entirely on the opponent and your base Atk stat, but two or three uses should do it.

You may be better off with Fury Cutter instead of X-Scissor. SD x 2 and then FC and your doing huge amounts of damage after the first few turns. The way I see it, you plan to spend a few turns using DT to build up your evasiveness and then start attacking. 4 DT, 2 SD, and then FC all the way. Odds are you'll be able to take down Pokemon with 4x resistance in two hits after five or six turns of FC.

Garrion

Default thanks

Ok thanks thats what I was wondering about. And I suppose I want him to be adamant.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Double Team is basically regarded as cheating by the internet Pokemon community. Usually if you don't have huge defences, Double Team is just about getting luck, and you can't really rely on that. If I were you, Aerial Ace or Substitute definitely go over it.

Double Team is definitely a contender for the Most Aggravating Move Award.

Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    The trouble with DT is that moves like Miracle Eye, Foresight and so on cancel it. However, the alternative is Sand Attack or similar, which don't carry when the opponent faints and can be thwarted with Keen Eye or similar. Generally you won't be able to do better, so don't worry about it. If you want you can also take a Lax Incense to decrease the opponent's accuracy even more.

DT is generally effective (and excruciatingly annoying) after three or four uses. SD depends entirely on the opponent and your base Atk stat, but two or three uses should do it.

You may be better off with Fury Cutter instead of X-Scissor. SD x 2 and then FC and your doing huge amounts of damage after the first few turns. The way I see it, you plan to spend a few turns using DT to build up your evasiveness and then start attacking. 4 DT, 2 SD, and then FC all the way. Odds are you'll be able to take down Pokemon with 4x resistance in two hits after five or six turns of FC.
    Nobody uses Foresight or Miracle Eye. Ever. Ever.

And it should be Jolly.

My Alakazam would. But that's because I want it to kill Dark types. Presumably everyone else gets by without it despite its obvious benefits.

if you were playing real pokemon alakazam would use miracle eye and then die straight away with those lackluster defences

True. Unless your opponent was asleep/paralyzed/daft enough to use a Special (happens far too often).

seriously though, miracle eye really does have no competitive use with alakazam and is a complete waste of alakazams purpose (you could be having shadow ball). its a waste of time and double team is banned in competitive pokemon anyway. alakazam is a sweeper.

Garrion

Banned huh? Well thats no good for me, lol. Hey I have a Q about Substitute while I'm thinking. If I had a chancy with like 600hp and used it the doll has like 300HP if I were to use baton pass would the 300 doll still be out there? Maye I'm totally wrong here I'm a bit new to this lol. I played Red and yellow a LONG time ago but I'm just now getting back into it all.

I really hate how as soon as something goes world-wide people are like "You can't do that, you'll beat me!" FUCK OFF! If you can't be bothered to find a way around it then piss off and stop whining about it. At least the Warhammer 40K "No Necrons because they're inde-fucking-structible" rule makes sense.

Garrion

Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    I really hate how as soon as something goes world-wide people are like "You can't do that, you'll beat me!" FUCK OFF! If you can't be bothered to find a way around it then piss off and stop whining about it. At least the Warhammer 40K "No Necrons because they're inde-fucking-structible" rule makes sense.
    I'm sorry did I offend you? I'm confused lol.

No, you haven't done anything. It's the people who make stupid rules like that who get to me.

Garrion

lol ok cool. So about my substitute question...

I think Substitutes hang around... But Substitutes aren't that helpful because you have to hurt yourself to make them. Which is daft. Screw the rules made by the whiners and use Double Team like a man. That'll teach 'em not to take moves which always hit.