Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectres, ghosts, and other supernatural phenomena

Quote Originally Posted by Lord94 View Post
    Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they dont exist
    There's absolutely no reason to believe they exist.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar

I've never heard someone claim ghosts were pure energy. I'd imagine they'd have some material form seeing as they're able to manipulate their surroundings. It's easier to debate the existence of ghosts then their origins Lord96754634.

bloodredwolfie's big sister! kiki's Avatar

Time for some science. I'm not saying this stuff is completely, 100% irrefutable proof, but often times these coincide with paranormal activity. I've learned this stuff from watching shows like Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi. [More info]

There are fluctuations in the electromagentic fields [EMF]. Paranormal investigators have shown that often times there are high EMFs that correspond with paranormal activity. High EMFs can also cause the sensation of being watched or other "paranormal" occurrences to people that are sensitive to EMFs.
    There are also cold spots that are unable to be explained by breeze or other natural things. The theory behind this is that the ghosts draw the heat from the air in order to manifest themselves.

I know that's next to nothing, but that's about all I can think of at the moment...

Made by Peeki! Thanks! :3
    Kratos' forum: Pokefrenzy
    ----------
    Paired with: SM, Nanaki, SK

● Catch a Falling Star ●

Default .

That's what I meant, I just wasn't smart enough to, you know, express myself more, and, like, stuff

how else is god alive

● Catch a Falling Star ●

Default .

THATS.
    THE.
    HIDDEN
    ENERGY I was going on about earlier.. thanks copycat.. do you wanna be friends?

There are fluctuations in the electromagentic fields [EMF]. Paranormal investigators have shown that often times there are high EMFs that correspond with paranormal activity. High EMFs can also cause the sensation of being watched or other "paranormal" occurrences to people that are sensitive to EMFs.
    This is probably true. High EM fields could interfere with certain portions of the brain, causing a sense of paranoia, visual and sound anomalies in different people.

There are also cold spots that are unable to be explained by breeze or other natural things. The theory behind this is that the ghosts draw the heat from the air in order to manifest themselves.
    Ghosts are supposed to be pure energy so therefore can't draw heat from the air. If they were composed of physical matter then they could, but then they wouldn't be able to walk through walls or such since they'd be composed of matter. They'd have to physically open windows or doors to leave. Infra-red and thermal scanning instruments would be able to detect them aswell since they'd be giving off heat, but gosh and golly go figure they never have been.

how else is god alive
    God isn't alive.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

● Catch a Falling Star ●

Default .

yeah.. about that cold spot stuff and all.. i dont really beleive it..

what i beleive is that ghosts are some sort of hidden energy that we have all our lives and helps us get to where we wanna go after death

Ghosts in my eyes are just demented beings that want to haunt people for pleasure. Now, spirits I believe are real.

god is a ghost and thats the proff

Quote Originally Posted by copycat View Post
    god is a ghost and thats the proff
    God doesn't exist.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ok, I can't judge other people's beliefs, but there IS a higher being out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdra View Post
    Ok, I can't judge other people's beliefs, but there IS a higher being out there.
    According to what evidence?
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

You just got to know it. Your conscious for one, is God or whatever you want to call him, talking to you. How do miracles happen? They're unexplained, unfathomable experiences. They aren't just coincidence.

Please post in the Theology Megathread if you wish to debate anything related to theology. Peruse the many posts I have in there, it'll save me considerable time repeating myself.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Whateva

god is an alien ghost
    valentin perez :lol:

FACE THE WRATH OF ME RECORD BREAKING FIST

K, I don't really have much input on the whole ghost thing, and since copycat doesn't seem to post in the Theology Megathread, I'm just going to make a point on his most recent post here:

If God is an alien ghost, then most of God's works, according to the Bible, would be lies. Because, if you believe he created the universe, yet he's an alien ghost, then the universe would have already been created. Thus, he couldn't have created the universe. And as an extension, he couldn't have created life either, because of the fact he is a dead creature from another civilization.

Oh, and for the record, I'm atheist.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

I, myself, think the Greeks were more accurate that the Universe created their Gods - not the other way around. It'd be more logical.

Anyway, none of us can be sure about the afterlife. But there is the slight problem of not coming back to life to tell everyone what really happens. I do believe in spirits, but I don't think everyone becomes one.

Banned

Default .

Go check out my welcoming page. now.

hm... ghosts is really the wrong word... spirits is what i beleive in

God is time and sPace having gained consiousness.

Ghosts are several things from hallucinations, sentient forms energy left behind by the dead, extradimensional beings, things the human brain is unable to process and must find some way of explaining.

I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pikatwo View Post
    Fool, what? The reason people don't believe in ghosts is because there isn't a shred of proof that they exist.
    Absence of proof is not proof of absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    Absence of proof is not proof of absence.
    Okay then, invisible flying refrigerators exist.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Beginning Trainer may&mistylover's Avatar

hmmm ghosts never really bothered me much. i watched a few episodes of ghost trackers and mystery hunters, but theres no real evidence.

a few years ago, a good friend of mine told me this wierd encounter he had with a ghost. he told me he was sleeping, and he suddenlt felt really cold, even though it was the middle of summer. he then told me he woke up and saw a small, girl dressed in white and with everything else white was crying in the corner of his room. he told me he then rubbed his eyes really hard but when he looked back she was gone.

i dont know whether i believe him or not...
    Pairs:Kingdra, Hikari :D

Visit My fanfic with The Mirror Islands

Sounds like the Sixth Sense. Any of you guys seen that movie?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast