Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Spectres, ghosts, and other supernatural phenomena

Beginning Trainer may&mistylover's Avatar

no, but a movie that i really like that is really cool is the illusionist. i saw it last night. at a point, the illusionist brings these real illusions (kind of like ghosts) onto the stage and they speak to people. its really awesome.
    Pairs:Kingdra, Hikari :D

Visit My fanfic with The Mirror Islands

sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    Absence of proof is not proof of absence.
    It's an unknown unknown! LOL Boondocks ftw!

Okay then, invisible flying refrigerators exist.
    So I'm NOT the only believer! That argument works on all levels except for the fact that nobody ever reports invisible flying refrigerators crashing into airplanes and sPilling assorted meats and condiments from the sky. Millions of people report ghost sightings every year. Granted, that isn't proof of their existence. It could very well just be proof of mass delusion or that people are gullible idiots. But most of science is theoretical and not conclusively proven anyway. Invisible Flying Refrigerators may sound silly, but if I invented one, flew it around cities, shot off and turned on the cloaking devices to select groups of people, we'd be having the same argument.

I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

The new star of the RPG world!

My opinion on spectres/ghosts/spirits/angels/demons? I don't know if they exist or not. I think it's possible that they exist. What makes it possible? There really is too much smoke not to be a fire somewhere. Many people who report supernatural sightings aren't insane or mentally diseased overall. Sure, many people have a natural disposition towards believing in the paranormal, and natural events can be confused for supernatural ones. But are all of these sightings illusions?
    People admire and respect their superiors, are repulsed and disgusted by their inferiors, and connect to their equals.

The extreme highs and lows in life get a strong reaction - Yet it the averages in life that most people connect to.

The class system is nothing more then different groups of people grouping with their fellow equals and feeling the sense of separation from their superiors and inferiors.

● Catch a Falling Star ●

Ok...

They Exist!

Now that we've gotten past that, how about I explain why?

Because you are talking mass ilusions, mass hilunacations nearly everyday...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord94 View Post
    Ok...

They Exist!
    Gee, what a compelling argument, you seem to think that if you scream something enough and post it in big, bold letters, it'll suddenly be true? This is exactly the reason I banned you, you can't debate on an intelligent level and you just strike people's nerves when you try.

What is this supposed to mean? Do you even read your comments before posting them?
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

● Catch a Falling Star ●

Gee, what a compelling argument, you seem to think that if you scream something enough and post it in big, bold letters, it'll suddenly be true? This is exactly the reason I banned you, you can't debate on an intelligent level and you just strike people's nerves when you try.
    That wasn't very smart, Pika... You just told me who banned me, I thought it was Nocturne... But hey, you've unveiled everything. Congrats.

What is this supposed to mean? Do you even read your comments before posting them?
    I think it's obvious that I don't.

Ok, look at it this way... I can't prove ghosts are real, you can't prove they aren't... End of story.

Ok...

They Exist!

No, we're talking isolated illusions and hallucinations everyday adding up over time in an era where communication between likeminded people is more possible than ever. Mass illusion is more along the lines of people buying the drivel on Hannity and Colmes everynight.

I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

That wasn't very smart, Pika... You just told me who banned me, I thought it was Nocturne... But hey, you've unveiled everything. Congrats.
    How exactly was telling you not smart? Am I supposed to feel afraid now that you know? Gee whiz.

Ok, look at it this way... I can't prove ghosts are real, you can't prove they aren't... End of story.
    I've proven in this thread how ghosts as they're described don't exist. Learn to read.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

● Catch a Falling Star ●

Yeah - I just don't bother.

Ok, you can't prove that they don't exist... Sorry - for all we know, the flying squirrel really does exist.

Ok, you can't prove that they don't exist... Sorry - for all we know, the flying squirrel really does exist.
    /facepalm. Again, learn to read. Here:

Science has proven that ghosts as they're often described and portrayed in so-called 'photo evidence' and testimonies violate physics and can't exist. For instance, ghosts are supposed to be entirely energy (which is the common consensus), so it should therefore be impossible to see them and impossible for them to make themselves seen, because in order to see them they would have to be composed of physical matter which reflects or emits light.
    So how can light bounce off a non-existent surface when ghosts are supposed to be energy? They should be invisible 100% of the time.
    Ghosts are supposed to be pure energy so therefore can't draw heat from the air. If they were composed of physical matter then they could, but then they wouldn't be able to walk through walls or such since they'd be composed of matter. They'd have to physically open windows or doors to leave. Infra-red and thermal scanning instruments would be able to detect them aswell since they'd be giving off heat, but gosh and golly go figure they never have been.
    So again, ghosts as they're described don't exist. You can't argue against physics.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

● Catch a Falling Star ●

So again, ghosts as they're described don't exist. You can't argue against physics.
    You forgot one thing mate; I'm Lord94.

Ok, that's what scientists think.

There are many different types of ghosts: Shadows, Chainers, Particles, Matters, and Whites... As exaples. They're only giving a solution to Whites.

And so we argue on.

Your dice.

Ok, that's what scientists think.
    It's not what scientists think, it's what physics tells them.

There are many different types of ghosts: Shadows, Chainers, Particles, Matters, and Whites... As exaples. They're only giving a solution to Whites.
    So what are these other types composed of then? You can only have matter or energy, if they're the former, they must be tangible and evidence of them would exist, and if they're the latter they can't be seen under any circumstance, so how can you therefore draw the conclusion that they exist in the first place?

Your dice.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

● Catch a Falling Star ●

No, I can't prove it... Other than submit another theory.

Look, if the ghosts are still here - surely they had to go somewhere to.. know and comeback.. So, I think there are other materials than matter - that is what ghosts are made of... According to me...

I wrote an article in the times about it under an assumed name.

Look, if the ghosts are still here - surely they had to go somewhere to.. know and comeback..
    How would you know that ghosts are even here? You can't see them.

So, I think there are other materials than matter - that is what ghosts are made of... According to me...
    Hahahaha! Any kind of material IS matter! And if you're now claiming that ghosts are made of some material as opposed to energy, then you're agreeing that they should be tangible and overwhelming amounts of evidence should exist already (which doesn't, surprise surprise). So exactly what do you believe? At one point in this thread you were claiming that they're some form of energy, and now you're claiming that they're made of some material. Which is it?

I wrote an article in the times about it under an assumed name.
    Lying doesn't help your argument.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

● Catch a Falling Star ●

No, that's why I don't.

Now - can I ask you a question? What's your IQ?

Energy, matter - something else... So many posibilities, only one solution.

Lord94 OUT

No, that's why I don't.
    You did not write any article for the Times, you're absolutely full of it.

Now - can I ask you a question? What's your IQ?
    Higher than yours.

Energy, matter - something else...
    There is nothing else. The physical universe is composed of matter and energy.

So many posibilities, only one solution.
    What the hell is this supposed to mean? Can you get anymore pseudo-intellectual?
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

● Catch a Falling Star ●

It's called phylosiphy.

It's called phylosiphy.
    Which, amusingly, you can't even spell.

Now explain to me how exactly 'so many possibilities, only one solution' relates in any way, shape or form to your claim of there being something else in the universe apart from matter and energy (which is absolutely impossible) ?
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

● Catch a Falling Star ●

Well. There is something else out there other than matter and energy, tis classified as the unknown.

Well. There is something else out there other than matter and energy, tis classified as the unknown.
    There is not anything else out there. Something is either composed of matter or energy, there are no in-betweens. And you still didn't answer my question.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

● Catch a Falling Star ●

Whatever. You win.

Whatever. You win.
    Translation: I hit a brick wall : (
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

● Catch a Falling Star ●

No... It's cuz my reasons won't make sense to you so I'm not bothered to fail trying to get you to understand 'em.

No... It's cuz my reasons won't make sense to you so I'm not bothered to fail trying to get you to understand 'em.
    Nothing you've said makes sense to anyone. You're trying to argue against the experts (and physics, of all things) when you're, what, 9 or 10 years old? Live alittle before trying to fruitlessly disprove something that is rock solid fact.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast