Thread: THE UNBIASED RP TOP LISTS [8K]

Default THE UNBIASED RP TOP LISTS [8K]

WOO HOO, 8,000 Posts
    Here it is, Nanaki's unbiased Top Lists of the Role Playing section of PokeDream!

HERE WE GO
    ARE YOU STILL READING THIS? CLICK THE LINK!

TOP TEN BEST ROLE PLAYERS
    10) Brave Auron
    9) Quaza~Te/SilverKitten
    8) Kiki/JohnD
    6) CL/DataSubject (just missed this by barely half a point, I was tallying things to judge 6 and 5. VERY close.)
    5) Nocturne/Lacemaker
    Nocturne has an ego, a very big ego. But he uses it sometimes to help himself. Part of the staff in less then a year, he is a wonderful RPer. He is limited though by his own ego. He only role plays with the best and is virtually Nanaki one year ago. He has some of the greatest potential of any poster currently.

Lacemaker (Wendy) came here from NT. She became good while attending that forum with Ninetails. After Ninetails discovered PD, it wasn't long before inviting Lacey here. Lacey is a brilliant RPer with wonderful tastes. She has the greatest chances of being the next big one of any new member on the forums.

4) Nanaki/DragoniteAdy
    Nanaki first Role Played with SK in her Shattered Hearts story. He wasn't good, and didn't even know what OOC and IC meant. But from that day on, his goal was to be great. He tried harder and harder in his next Role Plays, and didn't give up when his first several RP's died. After about four months he was starting to get recognition for his work. After about 9 months Role Playing, Nanaki had one of the biggest ego's ever. And it costed him a place lower on the chart because of it. Several of his best Role Plays didn't last because he called only for Literate (Advanced now) members. After much inactivity over the summer of 07, Nanaki came back a new man. Currently much less egotistical (but still having quite an ego), he's improved much more in the last couple of months then he has before. Thanks to Peeki, Xion, Ninetails, and Chrizz.

DragoniteAdy is one of the earlier posters of PD. He is possibly the best Role Player when it comes to adapting RPs from shows and games. Some of his more succesful RP's have been adaptions of X-men. Also like Trannel, DA hasn't been seen since the move.

3) Chrizz/Ninetails_009
    Chrizz is a child of many arguments. He really is half and half in originality. Many of his ideas do sound familiar, but at the same time, he has some of the most amazing and beautiful creations to grace this section of PD. Chrizz made friends with Peeki and Xion very quickly, one of the smartest moves he could have done. They taught him well and Kakashi was born. Kakashi (his old screenname) was a much different member. He posted different and much better. His second PD account, and he dominated the section. During his greatest days, he was on the same level as Peeki. But nowadays, Peeki has improved as well. And Chrizz is once again third

Ninetails is a new member this year. She was modded in less then half a year of joining the forums. She is one of the greatest RPers but isn't credited such. Some people even just say she is inactive. The truth is that she lives 12 hours different then the east coast posters. So when you go to school, she's having dinner. Even when she first joined, she has been one of the greatest posters to grace the section.

2) Peeki/RangerGirl/Trannel
    Well, even though he'll hate it. Peeki was definately merked in the running for first place. Peeki IS one of the greatest Role Players ever to post on PD, but his skills are no where matching the first place winner. Any RP that Peeki posts in is a great RP, and that isn't an understatement. Peeki has very high tastes. I've learned this first hand >_>. But there is no denying that Peeki deserves full right to his position.

Ranger Girl is the same case, a wonderful, wonderful unmatched Role Player, just not on the same level as the first position Role Player.

When PD was just a lad, Trannel ruled it. He was the number one poster at one time, and was the best RPer at the time. Trannel is very quiet, and isn't active anymore. But back in his hayday, he ruled the RP's with great characters and wonderful posts. If he continued posting like he did up to today, he could possibly have joined with our number one Role Player ever...

1) Xion
    Xion has been Role Playing since he joined. He is open to anything, and has Role Played in everything. If you look, he's been in over half of the top ten best Role Play's later in the thread. Not so active nowaday's, the graylander is easily unmatched for the top spot of the Best Role Player ever.

TOP TEN BEST ROLE PLAYS

10 - "Were-Pokemon" Cool Latios
    One of his first Pokemon RPs, Were-Pokemon was a great success and edged out some of CL's other great RP's by millimeters. It's plot drew in many greats like DragoniteAdy, Peeki, Trannel. It also showed the skills of some well known RPers today like Chrizz and Teresa. Cool Latios has had some very well thought out RP's with great plots but Were-Pokemon still overpowers.

9 - "Era of Ascent ~ Faith No More" Collaborative [Xion, Nanaki, Peeki, Chrizz a bit]
    The greatest collaboration of all time, two of the greatest RP minds teamed with two great RPers all together created an RP with more depth than you can handle. The RP took four months to collaborate and get together. Sadly, the results of the RP are pretty bad

8 - "Demon's Rain" SilverKitten
    SK is a lot like CL's case, many good RP's with well thought out storylines that don't make it because of it's theme. Well, Demon's Rain didn't follow this pattern. A nine page Role Play showed off talents of many new RPers like in previous RP's on the list. Posters like Kardossino and Brave Auron had great roles and posts in an RP about demons, humans and hybrids. A quick to the point plot and story, but it still blew by many other contenders.

7 - "Warriors" Kiki
    One of the longest, and most successful non-pokemon Role Plays ever. Kiki made an RP based off of the Warrior Cat series of books with a few tweaks of her own with massive results. Stretching 13 pages it brought some new great RPers to this section as well.

6 - "Guardians of Ashur" JohnD [Brave Auron support]
    Possibly the most thought out, and longest plot and beginning ever. 3 posts on old PD just to get to the action. The form was massivly difficult and the RP itself was extremely well thought out and planned. With a D&D style system of levelling up and weapons, Guardians of Ashur takes the ultimate award of "most original/creative" by a landslide. Just barely lost to the number 5...

5 - "Jaws of Darkness" Collaborative [Kardossino and Solly]
    The first ever "completed" role play in the history of PokeDream. It also has the award for the second longest Role Play in the history of PokeDream too. Carried mostly on the backs of the creators, Jaws of Darkness spanned nearly 30 pages and two forums before ending off with a cliffhanger.

4 - "Axis of Myths" Collaborative [Ninetails_009 and Peeki]
    Yes, a new born RP without a single IC post. But Axis of Myth's probably has the most thought out and most secretive plot ever kept in a collaboration. Based off of Greek myths and gods, it is a very original and strong represented RP in the first ever RP Olympics.

3 - "Quantum League" Collaborative [Chrizz and Xion]
    The original Quantum League gave birth to Iodine League and Quantum Soul later. It was possibly the second greatest Pokemon RP ever. Edged out by Mal'as'tare (non pokemon related). Long, detailed and well thought out. This is some of the greatest work that has come from Chrizz and Xion in a long time.

2 - "The Journey Through Mal'as'tare" Quaza~Te
    The Journey Through Mal'as'tare is most commonly marked as the first Role Play to grace PD. That isn't necissarily why it's here though. It was a great RP. A wonderful plot, and it introduced a lot of people to Role Playing and many people met each other that are still friends to today. Quaza~Te really fired of this great section

1 - "The Village" RangerGirl
    The greatest Role Play of PokeDream goes to Ranger Girl's The Village. It was the largest Role Play ever on PD spanning over 50 (56) pages in length and was the only thread from the Role Play section to ever be archived. A quiet village deep in a forest is being harassed by a wild pact of Houndour and Houndoom. But they decide to fight back. This RP was nearly completely carried on three people's backs. Congratulations RG, you deserve top spot by a MERKING (gods words).

Yep, that's the Top Ten Best Role Play's. There would be more classics if Old PD didn't self delete all RP's from page 3 on. Thank god (Actually, thank Fullmetal, not Tim) the Village was saved.

Some other awards:

The Worst RPer of all Time: Bayleef Master. He refuses to improve and doesn't take sarcasm well. He's been banned from the section

The Least Understandable, Worst Poster That is Still Higher Then BM: TheUnown5.

BLAH
    -.---.----..

I had more ideas, but my sister said "can i get on for a second" and wouldn't let me back on for two hours. So BLAH
    -.---.----..

Damn you took my idea. Mayhaps I'll make my own.

Yours would be pretty damn biased I have to say. Sure mine was Summer 06+ but from looking at the past and listening to others, I knew more
    THANK YOU PEEKI AND XION
    -.---.----..

The Justice Knife Xion: The Master of Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaki View Post
    WOO HOO, 8,000 Posts

Thanks to Peeki, Xion, Ninetails, and Chrizz.

3) Chrizz/Ninetails_009
    Chrizz is a child of many arguments. He really is half and half in originality. Many of his ideas do sound familiar, but at the same time, he has some of the most amazing and beautiful creations to grace this section of PD. Chrizz made friends with Peeki and Xion very quickly, one of the smartest moves he could have done. They taught him well and Kakashi was born. Kakashi (his old screenname) was a much different member. He posted different and much better. His second PD account, and he dominated the section. During his greatest days, he was on the same level as Peeki. But nowadays, Peeki has improved as well. And Chrizz is once again third
    To be fair, Peeki liked him way before I did. I hated him when he first came, he should remember. He came, stayed around for a while and observed how things worked, became better, and then I adopted him. And now you have the Chrizzzzzzz that you know today.

Ninetails is a new member this year. She was modded in less then half a year of joining the forums. She is one of the greatest RPers but isn't credited such. Some people even just say she is inactive. The truth is that she lives 12 hours different then the east coast posters. So when you go to school, she's having dinner. Even when she first joined, she has been one of the greatest posters to grace the section.
    I agree, the lady tends to be underrated.

1) Xion
    Xion has been Role Playing since he joined. He is open to anything, and has Role Played in everything. If you look, he's been in over half of the top ten best Role Play's later in the thread. Not so active nowaday's, the graylander is easily unmatched for the top spot of the Best Role Player ever.
    Oh damn, thanks.

TOP TEN BEST ROLE PLAYS

1 - "The Village" RangerGirl
    The greatest Role Play of PokeDream goes to Ranger Girl's The Village. It was the largest Role Play ever on PD spanning over 50 (56) pages in length and was the only thread from the Role Play section to ever be archived. A quiet village deep in a forest is being harassed by a wild pact of Houndour and Houndoom. But they decide to fight back. This RP was nearly completely carried on three people's backs. Congratulations RG, you deserve top spot by a MERKING (gods words).
    Fuck yes.

Yep, that's the Top Ten Best Role Play's. There would be more classics if Old PD didn't self delete all RP's from page 3 on. Thank god (Actually, thank Fullmetal, not Tim) the Village was saved.
    I don't remember the entire situation, but KG had a part in it too. Think she originally suggested the idea.

Overall, these lists are very well done. I saw this and wasn't sure how it would be, but I'm impressed.
    hi im xion [/stab] =THE JUSTICE KNIFE=
    THE GRAYLAND SQUADRON

6) CL/DataSubject (just missed this by barely half a point, I was tallying things to judge 6 and 5. VERY close.)

TOP TEN BEST ROLE PLAYS

10 - "Were-Pokemon" Cool Latios
    One of his first Pokemon RPs, Were-Pokemon was a great success and edged out some of CL's other great RP's by millimeters. It's plot drew in many greats like DragoniteAdy, Peeki, Trannel. It also showed the skills of some well known RPers today like Chrizz and Teresa. Cool Latios has had some very well thought out RP's with great plots but Were-Pokemon still overpowers.
    I got mention! And not once, but twice!! Very nice list Nanaki

You're totally stealing the spotlight from the Olympics Nans.

Kill you? Little ol' moi? Ninetails 009's Avatar
    Snazzy Southlands, Sizzling Sexy Singapore

The Olympics deserve the award of best event that happened here in the RP boards.

Itty Bitty Kitty of DOOM. Peeki's Avatar

*ejaculates*

Xixi <3

Why hasn't this been archived yet
    Last edited by Nanaki; 03-02-2008 at 02:23 PM.
    -.---.----..

My 5k will be sexier and a bigger post.

Itty Bitty Kitty of DOOM. Peeki's Avatar

competition!

Welcome to Eternal Hell. How may me help you? Espeon's Fury's Avatar

7 - "Warriors" Kiki
    One of the longest, and most successful non-pokemon Role Plays ever. Kiki made an RP based off of the Warrior Cat series of books with a few tweaks of her own with massive results. Stretching 13 pages it brought some new great RPers to this section as well.
    Yep, there's my mention.
    Pairs: The LacemakerThe NiginatorTeresaHickyNinetails009KS Jr.YojimboGokuQoorl

E.N.T.E.I.
    Hatches @ 2520
    Completed @ 2768

the world is spinnin but im not afraid Cool Latios's Avatar

actually were-pokÚmon's storyline was really basic and my rping sucked at the time.

emotive blackout and mixx were so much better

Read it again CL
    -.---.----..

PD's Favorite Anti-Hero

Archive-able.

I liked it.
    »\(║_o)/»
    where is miley cyrus when you need a hand job?

R(P)cives away!
    -.---.----..