Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Zombies

Oreos and cookie crunch! Hikari's Avatar

I won't be able to sleep tonite because of the intense suspence!!

DO.NOT.PANIC. This story is still da bomb! Poor Team Rocket...

Don't feel sorry for them!! No one likes them, they think that they can sing, their disguises are terrible, and they're just plain annoying. The Pokemon world has improved over the death of those annoying pests.

The birth of the purple dragon is near... shinypalkia95's Avatar

they're funny sometimes, though.

Chapter 5

The sun was setting and nobody cared where the winds carried our balloon. It was only a temporary stay of execution. If my Staravia was any indication, the skies weren’t safe from infected Pokemon either. At any moment, we might be set upon by a wayward Pidgeot or flock of hungering Taillow. They might pop our balloon or just invade the basket. In case of the latter, Dawn, Brock, Pikachu and I hid under a blanket stretched over the top of the basket. It’s true that Pikachu’s thunderbolts could drop even the highly resilient zombified flying types, for even in death their weakness against electricity remained, but we decided not to chance it. That our balloon had not attracted more attention than it had seemed a godsend and we deemed it better not to test fate.

The balloon would have to land eventually and when it did, we would be no more prepared than we were now. In truth, it mattered little I suppose. There was no environment on the planet safe for us. Pokemon were simply everywhere there was life. The deserts, the mountains or the middle of a bustling metropolis; each setting for a landing was just as dangerous as the last. Wherever Pokemon were, the infection would not take long to find them. These are the things Dawn, Brock and I conversed about in low whisPers under that blanket. That, and our families and friends. Brock’s little brothers and sisters. Dawn’s mother. The irrepressible human instinct of self preservation was nearly overtaken by our resignation to our fates.

We didn’t know where this zombie virus came from. Nobody did. We weren’t even sure this thing was a virus because such things couldn’t affect Pokemon. Or so we all believed. I don’t remember how come. I’m not a doctor. Maybe it was a supernatural ailment after all. We couldn’t have known.

Back in the center, we filled our backpacks with whatever food we could find. Mostly granola bars and canned fruit. We ate only what we needed that night, figuring food might be scarce over the next few days, and fell asleep in the less than comfortable basket.

I think my dreams were pleasant ones. So when I was awakened by Dawn’s hand pressed tightly against my mouth, there was only a sigh of disappointment for it to mute. With her other hand she held a finger to her lips and then slowly pointed to a little hole in the blanket overhead. It took a minute for my eyes to adjust to the light but when they finally did, they were none too pleased.

Walking around atop the blanket and perched along the basket’s corners was the mangiest looking flock of Chatot. No question that they were zombified. The question, indeed, was how to deal with them. Pikachu and Brock had already been fully awake before I came to and they watched the bird Pokemon in still silence. The creatures would mostly scream the all too human screams of their previous victims but sometimes they would repeat last words. “Get away from my children!” “Heaven save us!” “Mommy! No!” “I’ve always loved you, Jonelle!” Others would repeat anguished crying. It was too much for Brock, who could only think about his little brothers and sisters.

Kneeling over the control panel, he grabbed the joystick which controlled the robotic arm below. I wanted to stop him. Dawn did too, but we dared not interfere lest we drew the attention of those horrible creatures overhead. At the moment, they saw nothing susPicious about our balloon. It was merely a giant, floating perch for them to rest on. Soon, it would try to brush them off. Perhaps they would fight back and discover us. Perhaps they would just leave. Should they do the former, at least it would mean a quick end and sPare us the insanity which our continued survival would surely result in. So really we had nothing to lose and everything to gain on Brock’s gambit.

Fate had once again shone on us. At the mere sight of the big metal arm, most of those zombified Chatot took off. A few remained to try and attack the machine but seeing that it hadn’t been a living thing after all, they flew off shortly. As they flew off, they repeated those haunting last words of their victims. Vocal legacies of the deceased echoed throughout the night.

We awoke the following morning well rested but in no mood to arise from the bottom of that basket for a couple of hours. I lay there with Pikachu and Dawn’s head on my stomach and Brock’s back at my feet. Finally, I was compelled by the need to stand and stretch my legs. We all were but we knew what dangers there were in doing so. Carefully, Dawn peeled a little bit of the blanket back from the corner and raised her makeup mirror to see what was outside. Only blue skies could be seen. This was so far a good sign but she would eventually have to poke her head outside to be certain. Pikachu elected to do so instead. Probably for the best as its senses were sharper.

With a resounding “Pika!” we were told that everything was okay. Peeling back the blanket halfway, we all rose, stretching our limbs and cracking our sPines. It was actually a beautiful day. For a second, we were under the impression that things might actually turn out alright. After that second, we realized where we were.

In every direction below us, on every horizon beyond, there was only ocean. Our balloon was blown adrift to sea. To make matters worse, we were only forty feet above sea level. Yesterday, we drifted off at least at a hundred. At this rate, we would be skimming the ocean’s surface by late afternoon. But on the bright side, there wasn’t so much as a Wingull to be seen in the distance.

The next few hours we floated along were uneventful. The blanket was rolled up and we sat around having a late breakfast. With Pikachu always on alert, we let out our Pokemon two by two to feed them the last of our Pokemon food and give them a breath of fresh air. Anymore and we would have weighed down the basket more than necessary, sPeeding up our eventual touchdown.

Finally, Pikachu barked out a warning. Slowly but surely, something in the air was approaching us in a wobbly flight path. At first we only saw a sPeck in the distance but as it’s features grew more discernable, the thing revealed itself to be a Magnezone.

Could a Magnezone be infected by the zombie virus? Previously, we had given it no thought. Magnezone were essentially machines made from microscopic robot cells whose chemical composition was organic steel like that of Steelix or Mawile. It seemed strange to consider that such a Pokemon could succumb to zombification but as the thing drew closer to our balloon, we saw that it was indeed possible.

Its metallic shell was dented, its eye-lenses were cracked and it’s navigation was apparently off as indicated by it’s erratic, shaky flight path. It was just as lost as we were. Our fears soon dissipated as the Magnezone just floated off, barely aware of our existence.

Hours later, we descended another ten feet to the same, almost sweet monotony we had previously been enjoying. All good things, however, must come to an end. Again, Pikachu called out in alarm and indicated the waters below. Looking overboard, the four of us took notice of a large gray, solid mass along the surface of the water beneath us. A moment later, we were made aware of several others like it. They were following us.

It was a pod of Whalord. The largest Pokemon on Earth. We counted seven of them but around them we also saw the dorsal fins and carapaces of their younger forms, Whalmer, as well as Sharpedo, Tentacruel, Gyarados and various others. We could tell from their hides that they had also been infected. The zombie virus had sPread from land and infected the sea as well. Or perhaps it was the other way around.

Either way, we had an entire ocean of infected zombie Pokemon beneath us, following us and drawing nearer at our balloon’s slow descent. There was no land on the horizon either. Within an hour, our fates would be sealed out there in the vast abyss of the sea.

2 B Continued...

I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

Beginning Trainer

8/10, not pretty good than ur 2nd one

Um...thanks?

Yeah, this was more of an exploratory chapter. There's more action coming up in the next.

Beginning Trainer

yay!

♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥ _Nithreus_'s Avatar

I still love it! Still suspenseful and intriguing. ^_^
    l The Editor l Boycrazies l Teresa l Spiriteon l Eon Spirit l Goku_King_Anime l

Great chapter. The details were great. And the Chatot scene was pretty epic with what they were saying

You are a master with words my friend
    -.---.----..

Registered Users Regular Silver Espeon's Avatar

Me lovey!
    ~Paired with Delcatty, Dragon Berry, Hikari, Boycrazies, crusherwakeman42, The Editor, xXEmo_WolfieXx, PiplupPal, and Mystic Ninetales~

Thank you all for the encouragement. As a little something for the fans, does anybody have any pokemon they want to see zombified?

Kill you? Little ol' moi? Ninetails 009's Avatar
    Snazzy Southlands, Sizzling Sexy Singapore

Ninetails. Make it epic. And a mismagius zombie would be interesting, ghosts doesn't have any substance to begin with.

Qoorl and I were discussing Ghost zombies last night actually. Maybe they somehow become living, solid bodied beings in a weird twist. Also, I might throw in a Legendary or two. And I have a kickass idea regarding zombie dittos.

The new star of the RPG world!

I would like to see an Alakazam zombie. What would it be like for a Psychic type?
    People admire and respect their superiors, are repulsed and disgusted by their inferiors, and connect to their equals.

The extreme highs and lows in life get a strong reaction - Yet it the averages in life that most people connect to.

The class system is nothing more then different groups of people grouping with their fellow equals and feeling the sense of separation from their superiors and inferiors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidogod View Post
    Thank you all for the encouragement. As a little something for the fans, does anybody have any pokemon they want to see zombified?
    OMG I can't believe I'm gonna say this...umm...this is gonna sound wierd but oh well, here goes. A ZOMBIFIED PALKIA!!

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........zom......bi.......fied.................... ...
    PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
    Please.
    ~Paired with Delcatty, Dragon Berry, Hikari, Boycrazies, crusherwakeman42, The Editor, xXEmo_WolfieXx, PiplupPal, and Mystic Ninetales~

Still loves it

Beginning Trainer

Hi i'm new here . I would love to see a zombie cyndaquil/typhlosion.thanks

♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥ _Nithreus_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nidogod View Post
    That's so freaky, I can't even describe it. . . .

Love it, though. . . (That doesn't happen to them, does it?)
    l The Editor l Boycrazies l Teresa l Spiriteon l Eon Spirit l Goku_King_Anime l

The watchers on the wall dragon_berry's Avatar

You write AND draw . I love those pict of yours Nidogod.
    --A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world--

Fallen_wings Global "Warming" Poke_Hunter Eon Spirit Trixie God

Silver_Espeon, Myuu, Shadow and The Editor

MAROWAK
    -.---.----..

Ooh yeah, that'll be cool. Zombie Marowak.....with a zombifyed bone club!

Chapter 6

We didn’t realize it at first but one of the Wailord in the pod had completely submerged itself and swam ahead. We took notice of this when the leviathan resurfaced one hundred yards ahead of us and faced our balloon. Steadily opening that abysmal mouth, it began swimming towards at an alarming acceleration. It was going to eat us before he could even land!

Brock, Dawn and I were stunned into silence. The size and sPeed of that oncoming Wailord made us feel more helpless than any of the zombified Pokemon we had previously faced. Time seemed to slow down. For the elongated moment we looked into Wailord’s oral cavity, we saw two infected Sharpedo swimming around and half a zombie Gyarados. The scene was like Hell’s fishbowl. This was it, we all thought. All but Pikachu.

With a mighty surge of all its power, Pikachu launched a bolt of electricity high up into the sky where it multiplied in power and descended from the heavens as though cast down by Zeus himself. The attack was Thunder; Pikachu’s most powerful attack. We rarely used it on account of how much energy it takes, the lousy accuracy and an unfortunate incident where a Pokemon we battled never fully recovered. But not only did the lightening connect with Wailord, the charge sPread out through the conductivity of the Ocean, stunning every water Pokemon for at least half a mile around.

Wailord sunk down as did the rest of our pursuers. Pikachu collapsed into my arms, breathing heavily. I’d almost forgotten the intense power that little creature was capable of and it was surely in need of a rest. Dawn released her remaining three Pokemon: Piplup, Pachirisu and Buneary. None weighed more than a couple of pounds and all were capable of launching long distance attacks of Ice, Water and Electric type moves. With Pikachu down, we needed them out for at least our peace of mind.

The next hour had been uneventful for the most part except that towards the end, the bottom of our balloon skimmed along the higher reaching waves. To make matters worse, we had sailed into a fog. Everybody was on edge. A massive zombie Gyarados could have arisen ten feet ahead of us and none of us would have known. Finally, something happened to kill the susPense.

Our drifting balloon crashed into a moving ocean liner. It was a safe bet, therefore, that there were people onboard. But why then had the schooling water type Pokemon that previously surrounded us not yet demolished this thing seeking human prey? Dawn surmised that any surviving crew were smart enough not to lean over the railings for the sea creatures to see whereas we, like fools, often slouched on the edge of our basket. Whatever the reason, our fast deflating balloon had evidently pierced itself somehow on the rails overhead and soon draped down along the ship’s hull, dragging our basket along its wake. Honestly, we couldn’t have asked for a better turn of events as it supplied us with a perfect ladder of sorts.

Dawn recalled her Pokemon and joined Brock, Pikachu and myself in scaling that drooping Meowth facsimile. The sight that met us on the deck however filled us with dread. Beyond the mist, human corpses and body parts were strewn all over the ship. Were we in fact safer in that basket? Perhaps the Pokemon that did this leapt overboard in search of fresher prey. Maybe there were survivors below deck. Either way, we were now trapped. That deflated balloon we climbed slipped off the angled rail while our backs were turned and slowly, Team Rocket’s last possession floated off into nowhere.

UnsPeakable horrors aside, it was a pretty sweet ship. We slowly walked across the deck, Pikachu alert on my shoulder, passing by the swimming pool filled with blood and severed limbs. Brock tapped my shoulder diverted my attention to the ship’s activity disPlay. Behind the glass were a few posters for the voyage’s entertainment. The first one I took notice of filled me with dread. It had been for a Pokemon magic show. On the poster were a Ninetails, Weavile, Pinsir, Alakazam, Charmeleon and Machamp among others. The idea that those zombified Pokemon might currently be running aboard this ship, starving sent a chill down my sPine but apparently Brock was indicating somewhere else.

The poster below read “Featuring Duplica & Her Amazing Ditto Squad!” Duplica! A girl Brock and I had met long ago at the start of our journey. I sighed another slight breath of longing in memory of that girl. Before we could tell Dawn about it though, Pikachu’s ears pricked up and we were made aware of footsteps coming our way behind the corner of a wall.

We all stood perfectly still. Pikachu charged itself up silently. Finally from around the corner, through the light mist, we saw the author of those footsteps. It was a girl. It was Duplica! I smiled and took a step forward but Brock grabbed my shoulder. He called her name aloud in a questioning tone. Something was off about her. Then came other footsteps. Three more girls came out from beyond the corner. Three girls similarly dressed to Duplica and, quite frankly similar in almost every way except for a few small features we could hardly distinguish through the mist. This was becoming very strange indeed. Slowly, they all walked towards us and as their closer proximity revealed finer detail, the more aghast we became at what we saw.

They were zombies too. Their telltale scarring, decay and glazed eyes seemed to prove something we thought must have been impossible for were humans not previously immune to the virus? And on top of that, why were there four Duplicas? How could--and then it hit me. None of those girls was Duplica. None of those girls were human.

I wasn’t aware that my friends and I had been slowly walking backwards until the moment we sPed up noticeably. “What’s going on?” asked Dawn. “Who are those girls?”

“They’re not girls, Dawn…” I warned as the four approaching doppelgangers began turning into the zombified likenesses of our gang. “They’re Ditto!”

The four of us turned and ran back along the deck we previously crossed, chased by our screaming, zombified twins. Pikachu quickly zapped the one that looked like itself. It exploded in a sPlattering of grayish pink slime onto it’s companions. We ran into the ship’s dining hall (ironic?) and zigzagged around the tables hoping the confuse them but they either knocked the obstacles aside or jumped over tables, occasionally landing in ways that might kill a man.

We turned to the hallway where I jiggled the occasional doorknob as I passed by guest rooms until I finally came across a door that swung in. Commanding Pikachu to use a thunderbolt which I knew would likely just stun our pursuers momentarily, I motioned Brock and Dawn to follow me inside. We risked trapping ourselves but it was necessary to gather ourselves and strategize.

Pikachu’s thunderbolt was quite effective, blowing off faux-Dawn’s head into pinkish slime. A moment later, we were inside that guest room barricading the door far more quickly than we did at the Pokemon Center. A large dresser and mattress were pressed tightly against the door and our dining table stood up leaning against the closed curtain of our only window incase they found that method of entry. Even in life, Ditto aren’t terribly clever but we decided to play it safe.

When all the room’s available furnishings were used up to fortify our shelter, we took a breather. Still, our Ditto clones screamed and clawed at the door. It was really only a matter of time before they got in. “If those other Pokemon from the poster are still on the ship, they’re going to hear that.” Dawn mused. “How long are we going to keep doing this?”

“As long as it takes.” Brock replied sullenly.

“Takes for what?” she retorted. “Takes for us to find a place where we’ll be safe forever? Brock it hasn’t even been a week and already half the Pokemon on the planet are friggin’ zombies! Next week, they’ll all be! Next week, you and me, people, we’re all gonna be extinct. There won’t be a week after that. Maybe it’s…maybe it’s time we just gave up. I mean, really, it’s all just been a game so far hasn’t it? To see how long we could last? Why even bother when we know we’re just gonna die?”

“Dawn?” I asked. “Before yesterday, were you under the impression that you were going to live forever? Because what you just said, applies to all life. We all know we’re going to die sooner or later, why should it make any difference that our lives are sPent being hunted down? Why would you throw your life away just because of that. The way I see it, Dawn, is that we were lucky to have had it so good for so long. We grew up in a society and a civilization where we could take everything for granted and not give it a second thought. But now, we actually have to earn the right live in a world that is drastically changing. And I’ll be honest with you, that scares the crap out of me. But you know what? I’m Ash Ketchum. I’m GOING TO grow up, I’m GOING TO become the world’s greatest Pokemon Master and I know in my heart that that’s a fact. All this is, all this craziness, is just a little obstacle. I’m not gonna let it get me down and you shouldn’t either.”

I never saw Dawn look at me the way she did at that moment. Even Brock had raised eyebrows. I think I grew up more in that moment than I had on my entire Journey. “So what do we do?” The girl asked.

In resPonse, I picked up a wooden chair and smashed it against the wall. In my hands were the two remaining wooden legs, sPlintered sharp at the tip. I tossed them to Dawn and Brock. “We fight back.”

2 B Continued...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast