Thread: Anime reccommendation thread

Of course I'm out of my mind. Its dark and scary in there :'( Kanami's Avatar

Default Anime reccommendation thread

Title of anime you recommend:
    Description:
    Why you like it: (optional)
    Where you can find episodes: (optional)

Title of anime: Aishiteruze Baby
    Description: After 5-year-old Yuzuyu's dad dies,her mother is unable to take care of Yuzuyu and abandons her. Without anyone to love,Yuzuyu looks to her cousin,16-year-old Kippei, as her guardian.
    Where you can find episodes: (Japanese version with English subtitles) http://anime.peekvid.com/s789/ or http://www.noolmusic.com/blogs/z_You...uze_Baby.shtml

The penalty for masturbation in Indonesia is decapitation.

I Have Returned... (Sucks For You!) =D Haruhara Haruko's Avatar

Bleach
    A 15 year-old boy named Ichigo Kurasaki is able to see ghosts (souls). He meets a soul reaper named Rukia one night when his family is attacked by a hollow. She becomes injured and she gives Ichigo her powers to fight the hollow, but he takes all of her powers and turns into a complete soul reaper.
    ^Made By EarthDragon! Thank-you!^

I Hate You, You Hate Me... ~<3

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Title: Wolf's Rain

Description: 200 years have passed since wolves were thought to be extinct. But Kiba, a lone, white wolf, is alive, and looking for a place called Paradise (It's a world in which only wolves can open. It's a safe haven for when the world dies). Learning how to disguse himself with a spell, he seeks Paradise along with other wolves. (30 episodes total)

Why I like it: It was an Anime original (The manga came out after the Anime did.) and it was about my favorite animals. It has action in every episode, and only has very few filler episodes. Each character has a different personality, and the series keeps you guessing. (Even after it ends)

Where to find episodes: I know you can find them on Youtube in both English and Japanese with subtitles. I'm not sure where else besides buying the DVDs.

For people who need a visual example:

(This is a fan-made trailer)
    Last edited by pichubro; 02-04-2007 at 05:50 PM.

Title: Ginga Densetsu WEED
    Description: Sequel to Ginga: Nagareboshi GIN, this anime tells the story of Young WEED, an akita pup who gains control of an army of dogs and tries to rescue his father, the former army leader.
    Why you like it: (optional) well, hardly any characters are humans, and that's always a plus. Also, you can watch this series without seeing GIN first. I myself haven't seen GIN, but it doesn't affect the plot very much if you haven't, you can catch on vey quickly.
    Where you can find episodes: (optional) Crunchyroll.com has all the episodes of both WEED and GIN.

The Theme Song:

When the Devil is too busy
    And Death's a bit too much
    They call on me by name you see,
    For my special touch.

Title of anime you recommend: Death Note
    Description: Light Yagami is a senior at a high school, is bored out of his mind. he always gets the top grades and doesn't have much to do. one day he sees a notebook fall from the sky, outside of his classroom. later, he picks it up and discovers that it can kill any human who's name is written in it. but eventually, the police catch on to all of the recent deaths and are forced to use the world's greatest detective, know as 'L'. Light now has to continue killing the criminals, but without being caught by the NPA.
    Why you like it: (optional) it has an interesting storyline that sucks you in. it's very intense and is a great battle of wits.
    Where you can find episodes: (optional) youtube, with english subs. eventually, it might come to adult swim or somthing.

^ how many episodes are there?
    When the Devil is too busy
    And Death's a bit too much
    They call on me by name you see,
    For my special touch.

i don't know, i recently got into it, but it is really good. i'm currently reading the mangas.

Vaporeon0.3

FLCL

It's the best.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Anime: Ginga Nagareboshi Gin

Description: Gin, a Tora-ge Bear Hound has been trained to kill bears. On one such expedition, Gin finds a pack of wild dogs and decides to join them. It turns out that they want Akakabuto, the giant bear in mountains killed as well. Gin, along with his new friends decide to think of a plan to kill Akakabuto...

Why I like it: Well, I watched it because it was the prequal to Ginga Densetsu Weed. I actually enjoyed GNG more than GDW because I felt it had a better ending and the whole series seemed more realistic (minus the dogs using weapons). Plus, it made the humans seem more annoying.

Where you can find episodes: Youtube, but the subs are really bad (blue). They are currently making better subs (white), but they are harder to find. There are 21 episodes of GNG.

(Here is the newly subbed opening)