Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just saw Golden Compass

Default I just saw Golden Compass

As a standalone movie, it was pretty badass. I mean it had polar bears, in armor, and one got it's fucking jaw punched off it's head. And it had a polar bear destroying a town, and it had a polar bear mauling an entire fucking army. However, from what I've heard of the books, it's been stripped of it's soul. If you don't go in there knowing it's the antithesis to Narnia then it doesn't seem to have an underlying theme, the bad guys could just as much be Nazi Germany as they could the Vatican. On that note I was sorely disappointed.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

usually not my forte, but if it's on tv or i'm invited to see it i probably will.

Bleeding jawless polar bears in motherfucking armor fullmetal, what more do you need? And don't say Will Smith.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

Damn Will Smith riding an armored jawless giant polar bear would have been savage.

The movie has a talking snow leopard.

that better be a pimp snow leopard then.

ahahaha my grandma said that The Golden Compass is a tool of the devil. I was planning to see that, but with I Am Legend out now, I'm not sure if I have time.

This movie sounds fucking badass. I'm going to download it when it is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    ahahaha my grandma said that The Golden Compass is a tool of the devil. I was planning to see that, but with I Am Legend out now, I'm not sure if I have time.
    thats what my mom said. "even though it may not shake your christian faith(which im doubting already but they dont know), we dont need to be finacially supportive of such a movie. Satan is using it, joe."

hahaha

I'll admit, I didn't wanna go see this because of how gay Narnia was but now I just might check it out.

I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

I think there should be a movie about great big Scandinavian men fighting an army of polar and black bears. No other story. That is the entire move. 3 1/2 hours long.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Philip Pullman > C.S. Lewis

Umbreon, Shadow XD, Sengar Harris's Avatar

they had the people who played James Bond and who played Count Dooku. Ofcourse it's gonna be good

Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    Robert E. Howard > Philip Pullman

Welcome to Eternal Hell. How may me help you? Espeon's Fury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    Hell, yes. then again, fiction books > movies based on fiction books. Limited special effects bit and length makes the main storyline really be destroyed in the process. For example, take Eragon or Order of the Phoenix; you wouldn't understand the story at all if you hadn't read the books. haven't seen the Golden Compass, but if it's that same way I'll be sorely disappointed. I'd gladly sit 5 hours in a movie theater to watch a version that included the entire book, every little underlying plotline, and many others probably would as well. The movie directors just don't get that; with a movie like that, they'd probably reel in enough cash to make up for the extra cost...
    Pairs: The LacemakerThe NiginatorTeresaHickyNinetails009KS Jr.YojimboGokuQoorl

E.N.T.E.I.
    Hatches @ 2520
    Completed @ 2768

Quote Originally Posted by Harris View Post
    they had the people who played James Bond and who played Count Dooku. Ofcourse it's gonna be good
    Famous actors don't a movie make, Umbreon. You truly need the actors that EMBODY their characters, show them to their full potential.

E.N.T.E.I.
    Hatches @ 2520
    Completed @ 2768

Quote Originally Posted by Espeon's Fury View Post
    Famous actors don't a movie make, Umbreon. You truly need the actors that EMBODY their characters, show them to their full potential.
    The fact that there good actors does

That's true. A cast full of actors is always better than a cast of popular actors, if you ask me. The stars get way too many opportunities that could go to people who are good but don't have any fame yet...

E.N.T.E.I.
    Hatches @ 2520
    Completed @ 2768

You saw that movie? i've been dying to see that one, it looks very intresting, with tons of action. (Acion/comidies are the best!0
    Ha! The cutie-punk-rocker, Latias4000!

Paired with- Dragonite4000-.-Eyeball man-.-

Quote Originally Posted by latias4000 View Post
    You saw that movie? i've been dying to see that one, it looks very intresting, with tons of action. (Acion/comidies are the best!0
    I personally liked die Hard better

The book is badass, I heard that the movie wasn't a good interpretation whatsoever.
    -.---.----..

Disembowelment is forthcoming Yojimbo's Avatar

I movie is hard to understand if you haven't read the book. I can't even remember the polar bear's name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    Im growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.
    - Snakes on a Plane (As if spoken by a proper Englishman)

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

I read the book and saw the movie and enjoyed both.

Then again, I'm easy to please. Pan seems like such a whiner in the movie though.

IOREK
    -.---.----..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast