Thread: Pokemon: Are they god or something

The watchers on the wall dragon_berry's Avatar

Exclamation Pokemon: Are they god or something

This question has bothered me since they released D/P. I mean look at Dialga or even Arceus, they create time and universe and that's too much. Another question: If they are the god of time can we really catch 'em. Shouldn't the time stop if we caught Dialga or the space ruined just because we accidentally catch Palkia? They made pokemon too superior. Even smarter than human

Discuss

~DB
    --A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world--

Fallen_wings Global "Warming" Poke_Hunter Eon Spirit Trixie God

Silver_Espeon, Myuu, Shadow and The Editor

Oreos and cookie crunch! Hikari's Avatar

It should, but that's why no one catches them in the anime. They also referred to them as "they were at one time, deities". This probably means that people used to worship them. I agree with you, DB, that Nintendo and Game Freak went a bit extreme by giving Pokemon so much power over natural events.

There is always a consequence for catching legendaries in the anime. Look at "Pokemon the Movie 2000", for example. The consequence for catching Zapdos was enraging Moltres and Articuno, in turn angering Lugia. The consequense for catching Dialga/Palkia would probably be time stopping or space ripping.

In the games, you have no choice. You are forced to catch Dialga/Palkia. When designing the game, Nintendo probably didn't think about any consequenses for catching the legends.

I guess that it really depends on the situation. If in the anime, you will face the punishments of catching an all-powerful legend. In the game, you just catch them and nothing really happens.

The watchers on the wall dragon_berry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari View Post
    In the games, you have no choice. You are forced to catch Dialga/Palkia. When designing the game, Nintendo probably didn't think about any consequenses for catching the legends.
    You can always kill them

~DB
    --A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world--

Fallen_wings Global "Warming" Poke_Hunter Eon Spirit Trixie God

Silver_Espeon, Myuu, Shadow and The Editor

Oreos and cookie crunch! Hikari's Avatar

True. . .but my brother killed Palkia and came back later and it was still there. And when you're up in Spear Pillar and Dialga/Palkia is up there too, you can't turn back.

Your right about the legendarys. Nintendo should really think about whether or not it make senese.

I don't think theres any true logic behind 'Shouldn't time/space stop if Dialga/Palkia are caught?'. Just because they are caught doesn't mean they stop controlling the powers they have. The only reason time or space would stop is if they were truely KILLED, and you don't kill them in the game; you simply make them faint. And even then, Arceus controls EVERYTHING, so its not like it couldn't control time or space itself.

And yet again another argument to that: Time and space have already been established, so losing the two deities that created it wouldn't make either of them go away. Look at it this way. If you, lets say...drew a picture, and you died, that picture would still be there, right? Just because something creates something else doesn't mean that when the creator goes away, the creation disappears as well.

Thats MY contradicting argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari View Post
    It should, but that's why no one catches them in the anime.
    That's not true. Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, Mewtwo, Celebi, Registeel, Regice, Regirock, and Rayquaza have all been used in the animé or movies as captured Pokémon.

In times of darkness there comes light. Mystique's Avatar

That's right. Brandon (Battle Frontier) had the Regis. Thus, making your theorie wrong Hikari.
    [

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Mewtwo is a god:

Actually, I'm kidding. But this vid still took me hours. xP I even gave him godly music and everything!

In times of darkness there comes light. Mystique's Avatar

Mewtwo looks more like the older, more mysterious brother of Mew, not his son. Mew looks more like a little baby . He's so cute and bubbly.
    [

I know it's genderless but I always considered Mew female. I mean it's a pink kitten fetus.

Well, Pokemon is a pretty unstable work of fiction so really neither the game nor the anime should really be taken seriously. The game esPecially because it has more story telling restrictions. New Pokemon will always be developed to keep things interesting and nothing definitive can really be said about them unless it were all to finish. But for that reason, you can always apply your own logic.

In my idealistic Pokemon Universe, certain Pokemon are just uncatchable.

I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

Well.. you can catch them cuz it's a GAME about catching and fighting with monsters... if they made monsters that you could catch and fight with... well that would suck. Now SL wise? Are they deities? eh.. see Legends of a Pokemon Dream. the Balk profile and the whole War in the Pokemon World, for my Lovecraftian take on the pokemon and eventually the legendary pokemon...
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Beginning Trainer

I just see it as a make believe story because that's what it is. The church we used to go to said that Pokemon was evil, but my parents don't think so. (we didn't leave the church because of that Pokemon incident) It's just a story like Star Wars. Okay, while I play the game,"Alright, cool. The universe was created by Pokemon." But then you always go back to reality, then I'm like,"Pokemon's not real. Just make believe." But if you start seeing people running around claiming that they're Pokemon trainers, I'd get them a doctor.

Umbreon, Shadow XD, Sengar Harris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    I don't think theres any true logic behind 'Shouldn't time/space stop if Dialga/Palkia are caught?'. Just because they are caught doesn't mean they stop controlling the powers they have. The only reason time or space would stop is if they were truely KILLED, and you don't kill them in the game; you simply make them faint. And even then, Arceus controls EVERYTHING, so its not like it couldn't control time or space itself.

And yet again another argument to that: Time and space have already been established, so losing the two deities that created it wouldn't make either of them go away. Look at it this way. If you, lets say...drew a picture, and you died, that picture would still be there, right? Just because something creates something else doesn't mean that when the creator goes away, the creation disappears as well.

Thats MY contradicting argument.
    Completely agreeing

Beginning Trainer

Default There is no gods in Pokemon

If the people that made Pokemon put in the show that God created everything, then people that don't believe in God would be complaining all of the time and the Pokemon-makers would probably get sued by people for "putting religious stuff in their kids' heads" and the Pokemon-makers just didn't want to cause controvesy or anything. But in Pokemon, there are no gods, so don't be bothered by it.

OMG Danielle. I kinda lol-ed through the way XD

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/5...nnercu8ty8.png <------>[EdHikariEdoardoPeeksYvonneDBLacey]

I'm not dead. Just veryvery inactive nowadays.

moltress shall smash mew spartugn's Avatar

personally, as a cristian i got sorta confused that gameshark and pokemon would go to that kind of extreme when the storyline dove into "how dialga, palkia, and arceus created the universe and time." but all of you dragging out debates and getting mad at "the ungodly twist" should just realize that pokemon games are a simple childrens passtime made up of thousands of codes. anyone taking the game that seriously, whether worshiping dialga and palkia, or holding a grudge against them should find another game or see a therapist. if anyone has been playing pokemon as long as i have (sience yellow version) they would realize after all the years theve been playin the game it would be stupid to quit just because of one screw up. (I mean i even have arceus as my pic -.-)

I think Arceus is God's pet.

I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

Welcome to Eternal Hell. How may me help you? Espeon's Fury's Avatar

It's because D/P sucks.
    Pairs: The LacemakerThe NiginatorTeresaHickyNinetails009KS Jr.YojimboGokuQoorl

E.N.T.E.I.
    Hatches @ 2520
    Completed @ 2768