Thread: The War...Troops Coming back?

Umbreon, Shadow XD, Sengar Harris's Avatar

Default The War...Troops Coming back?

http://www2.scholastic.com/browse/ar...lts+%3C%2Fa%3E
    I was Emailed this by my teacher, and found it rather important to share.

I personally think he needs to only pull out an approximant 1/8th, of the troops, only a fool would attempt such a large amount at a time. The Remaining troops would be unable to comply with the loss of men, causing a month fall back, where they would be wide open to be attacked

The troops shouldn't have been there to begin with.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

Quote Originally Posted by Pikatwo View Post
    That's True, But now that they are, we can't just walk away

I don't think any large number of troops should pull out. I think America should remain a steady military presence in the Middle East.

I agree. That whole war is stupid.

I understand it had something to do with September 11, 2001, but doesn't that president realize that he's killing off more Americans?

It had to do with 9/11, but not directly. How do most people suggest we deal with the issue of Islamic Extremism and violent dictators who perpetrate some of the worst human rights violations on some of the largest scales of all time?

But it just upsets me how so many innocent people that live in those third world countries who die.

I'm glad they beheaded Sadam Houssain. He deserved it.

Now they just have to find that Osama guy.

They didn't behead Hussein. They hanged him.

Oh, I thought behead. Still though, he is dead.

Who do you think they are going to elect as the new president?

I think maybe the girl or the black man. The black man has Oprah on his side, and she's very influental. I watch her show every day .
    ChikaraGoku King AnimeSakura Blossom

I personaly Blam Clinton, for not killing the Terrorist when he had the chance. Make that chances. he could've stop it, he had over one hundred chances to. Not to mention, he passed the law that made milatary Planes, and vechicals of all types, unable to carry weapons, stoping us from being able to down the planes

Clinton had ordered at least one bombing in an attempt to kill Osama, but you can't convince me that he couldn't have done a LOT more.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Clinton had ordered at least one bombing in an attempt to kill Osama, but you can't convince me that he couldn't have done a LOT more.
    But he learned that the bombing failed

It had to do with 9/11, but not directly. How do most people suggest we deal with the issue of Islamic Extremism and violent dictators who perpetrate some of the worst human rights violations on some of the largest scales of all time?
    Dealing with Islamic Extremism in our countries is a simple one. Deport Muslims back to their home countries and ban all Muslim immigration. I know there are decent Muslims out there, but there's absolutely no way of weeding out the good from the bad, so getting rid of all of them would be the only realistic solution. Not every problem has a clean and nice solution that makes everyone happy. Isolating Muslims and letting them wallow in their self-imposed misery is the only way of making them realise that Islam is the bane of their existence. Of course, this will never happen, but it's the theory.

As for dictators, yes, Saddam tortured people and did some pretty horrible things, we've all heard it a billion times before, but you can't honestly believe that things as they are in Iraq now are better than they were under Saddam (whose secular regime kept the country stable and running)? You can't honestly believe that a war which broke down civil order, destroyed homes, hospitals, land line infrastructure, the water supply, displaced millions of people and basically set the country back decades just to take out one man was justified when you could have simply sent in your Delta special forces to take him out without destroying an entire country if you absolutely wanted him out of the picture? And what about these weapons of mass destruction? Still invisible to this day.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

wow, Pikatwo, I'm impressed by you. You've been studying

Dealing with Islamic Extremism in our countries is a simple one. Deport Muslims back to their home countries and ban all Muslim immigration. I know there are decent Muslims out there, but there's absolutely no way of weeding out the good from the bad, so getting rid of all of them would be the only realistic solution. Not every problem has a clean and nice solution that makes everyone happy. Isolating Muslims and letting them wallow in their self-imposed misery is the only way of making them realise that Islam is the bane of their existence. Of course, this will never happen, but it's the theory.
    Yeah, okay Pikatwo. Except that would never happen and if it did there would be so much rebellion, social unrest, and 1984-inspired conspiracy theoriests(who for once would have some ground) that the governments of whichever countries that did that would be severely hindered. Not to mention in my opinion it isn't worth the human rights and moral abuses such a move would create.

I've been thinking about why Islam is so opt to terrorism and militantism for a while. I think it has a lot to do with their Mohammad not only being a prophet, but portrayed as more of a regular man, with some violent tendencies, and also being a general. I think the fact that he was actually a real life general has a lot to do with. That was what brought up the Islamic Extremist movement, but it would have died out a lot quicker with more rational views of the religion being more prominent if their leaders, on the whole at least extremely sympathetic with extremism, didn't just happen to have an extremely valuable trump card - Oil. What the world's economy runs on, so they have more power than they ever should, and Islamic Extremism has grounds to stand on.

Where Islamic Extremism started, or at least grew to resembling what it is today, is another thing I've been wondering about. I'm under the impression the creation of Isreal had a lot to do with it(the US and Europe wanted to give the Jews a homeland after WWII, so they JUST HAPPENED to pick a place with an Muslim Holy Land in it. this is how i understand it at least. havent read up on it as much as i've been meaning to). Another thing is the British Oil Companies in Iran. British Oil Companies realized, hey, the Middle East has a lot of oil. So they cut a deal with Iran's government where they would split profits. After awhile Iran's leader wanted a 50/50 split, obviously Britian didn't like this, so they called in America, and the CIA went in to change the government, eventually leading to them seating the Shah, who was a violent despot, and Iran blamed the West for his power. If I'm wrong about any of this someone correct me, I'm just starting to look into all this.

Whoa, I went on a tangent there.

As for dictators, yes, Saddam tortured people and did some pretty horrible things, we've all heard it a billion times before, but you can't honestly believe that things as they are in Iraq now are better than they were under Saddam (whose secular regime kept the country stable and running)?
    Arguable. It's really a region-by-region case. Overall, I'm inclined to say having leaders who don't commit genocide to their country's minorities is better than having leaders who do commit genocide on their country's minorities, regardless of most any other circumstances.

You can't honestly believe that a war which broke down civil order, destroyed homes, hospitals, land line infrastructure, the water supply, displaced millions of people and basically set the country back decades just to take out one man was justified when you could have simply sent in your Delta special forces to take him out without destroying an entire country if you absolutely wanted him out of the picture? And what about these weapons of mass destruction? Still invisible to this day.
    I don't think anyone in the Administration were really serious about WMD's. It was a cover story, with SOME ground to stand on, as an excuse to get into the Middle East and basically revampt the whole thing - which is an End that I don't think anyone would think is bad, but is the Means worth it? Personally I think it is.

I don't think any large number of troops should pull out. I think America should remain a steady military presence in the Middle East.
    Agreed. That place was just a timebomb waiting to go off.

um, why the fuck did you revive this

i want to have an iraq debate with pikatwo again

i want to have an iraq debate with pikatwo again
    Please. My time is better spent debating other deadhorse topics like religion.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Quote Originally Posted by KS Jr. View Post
    um, why the fuck did you revive this
    It was still on the first page, I really didn't think that was considered 'reviving' a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Raichu View Post
    It was still on the first page, I really didn't think that was considered 'reviving' a thread.
    Reviving a thread, in generally accepted forum terms across the internet, is posting in a thread that has had no posts in over a month, not including stickies. As such, you revived this thread. Maybe if you had actually been part of the original discussion or posted in response to one of the recent posts in the thread, then it would have been acceptable. But instead, you posted about shit from really early in the thread and gave nothing valuable. It was a wasted post and it was clearly a revival.

No one gives a fuck about bumping threads. It is generally accepted at most forums that double posting is bad too, but that's a stupid fucking rule so I don't care. Bumping threads is fine.

Disembowelment is forthcoming Yojimbo's Avatar

They didn't behead Hussein. They hanged him.
    But they did behead a statue of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    Im growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.
    - Snakes on a Plane (As if spoken by a proper Englishman)