Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 78

Thread: Do you believe in Abortion?

  1. #26
    ಠ_ಠ Sasuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    funky town
    Posts
    3,480

    Default

    abortion is wrong. every life deserves a chance. once its had its chance you can kill it.

  2. #27
    Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    who knows
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it exists.

  3. #28
    Furry Authority RedCheetah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Do you believe in Abortion?
    Abortion is a conspiracy used by the government, they don't actually kill babies they steal them and breed them into aliens and Jimmy Carter look alikes.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

  4. #29
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedCheetah View Post
    Abortion is a conspiracy used by the government, they don't actually kill babies they steal them and breed them into aliens and Jimmy Carter look alikes.
    They actually fill them with explosives. That's how the government was able to move the bombs into the Twin Powers - in the guise of baby stroller.

  5. #30
    I am on a Sugar Rush. Stardust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sitting on a chair.
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    I disagree if it is the father. Even though he is not carrying the pregnancy it is still his child. I don't think he should be able to veto a choice of abortion, but to say he can't offer an opinion of the life of his own child I think is completely wrong.
    But it also depends on who the father is. If the woman is a hooker, and she ends up being pregnant and not knowing who the father is, the decision is all hers to make.
    ChikaraGoku King AnimeSakura Blossom



  6. #31
    Your mom's Trainer Razr12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    East LA
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Gone for a day and I still get flamed :/

    Mex:Oh, so I'm an idiot just because I think abortion is wrong? Yes it is a woman's choice and there are enough people in this world, but its still wrong to take their life away. Who knows, that child could be a very important person to the world....or someone not much people know but it doesn't matter. If a woman wants abortion, then why didn't she just use protection or just not have sex in the first place?(not talking about the ones that got raped) But then again, you don't care about "other" people so I'm not surprised.

    Sasuke:Exactly. Everyone deserves a chance.


    My ban from Serebii should in end in one day.....after that, I'm out:panic:

  7. #32
    Revolting Mex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Green Inferno
    Posts
    39,937

    Default

    I care about people enough to let them make their own choices with their bodies instead of denying them rights. Besides, sometimes protection doesn't work. Mistakes happen and people shouldn't have to suffer a burden for them.
    When the Devil is too busy
    And Death's a bit too much
    They call on me by name you see,
    For my special touch.

  8. #33
    Your mom's Trainer Razr12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    East LA
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mex View Post
    I care about people enough to let them make their own choices with their bodies instead of denying them rights. Besides, sometimes protection doesn't work. Mistakes happen and people shouldn't have to suffer a burden for them.
    Yeah, but its a mistake they brought upon themselves. Besides, what about pills?


    My ban from Serebii should in end in one day.....after that, I'm out:panic:

  9. #34
    The Gentleman Fuhrer Pikatwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In a house presumably on Earth.
    Posts
    5,613

    Default

    Razr12, the idiot, seems to be under the impression that protection is absolutely infallible. It's not full-proof, thousands of women fall pregnant every year even when they and their partners use protection.

    Abortion is for cowards. The only time I think abortion is necessary is for girls who got raped.
    I'm confused. You say that Abortion is for cowards then you say you think it's necessary for girls who are raped to abort. Are you suggesting that raped girls who fall pregnant are cowardly for aborting when at the same time you claim it's necessary? That doesn't make any sense. Unless you're putting forth an insane double standard that rape victims are not cowardly for opting to abort but women who fall pregnant by consenting intercourse are? Err.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

    Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

  10. #35
    Your mom's Trainer Razr12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    East LA
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikatwo View Post
    Razr12, the idiot, seems to be under the impression that protection is absolutely infallible. It's not full-proof, thousands of women fall pregnant every year even when they and their partners use protection.


    I'm confused. You say that Abortion is for cowards then you say you think it's necessary for girls who are raped to abort. Are you suggesting that raped girls who fall pregnant are cowardly for aborting when at the same time you claim it's necessary? That doesn't make any sense. Unless you're putting forth an insane double standard that rape victims are not cowardly for opting to abort but women who fall pregnant by consenting intercourse are? Err.
    Once again, I'm still the most hated. Not a title to be proud of, but I'll still maintain to keep it. Sure condoms have a 2% chance of failing when used "correctly", there's a new invention calledpills. Have you heard of it? I say that girls who got raped should get abortion because they didn't expect to have sex and its NOT THEIR FAULT. However, for the girls who KNEW THIS COULD HAPPEN, are the ones being cowardly. If you knew something like this could happen, why do it in the first place. I'm tired of repeating myself -_-


    My ban from Serebii should in end in one day.....after that, I'm out:panic:

  11. #36
    The Gentleman Fuhrer Pikatwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In a house presumably on Earth.
    Posts
    5,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Razr12 View Post
    there's a new invention calledpills. Have you heard of it?
    Birth control pills are not new, and not full-proof either.

    I say that girls who got raped should get abortion because they didn't expect to have sex and its NOT THEIR FAULT.
    It's not a consenting woman's fault that she fell pregnant either. It's the protection's fault for failing.

    However, for the girls who KNEW THIS COULD HAPPEN, are the ones being cowardly. If you knew something like this could happen, why do it in the first place. I'm tired of repeating myself -_-
    So people who aren't prepared to have a child yet and therefore have no choice but to rely on protection to maintain a sexual relationship with their partner should stop because of the chance that protection could fail? How ridiculous. I still fail to see how it's not cowardly for rape victims but cowardly for those who fall pregnant by consenting sex to abort. In both cases, (assuming the consenting woman was using protection), the women didn't ask or intend to fall pregnant and therefore both have the right to abort because they weren't prepared to carry a child.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

    Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

  12. #37
    Your mom's Trainer Razr12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    East LA
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikatwo View Post
    Birth control pills are not new, and not full-proof either.


    It's not a consenting woman's fault that she fell pregnant either. It's the protection's fault for failing.


    So people who aren't prepared to have a child yet and therefore have no choice but to rely on protection to maintain a sexual relationship with their partner should stop because of the chance that protection could fail? How ridiculous. I still fail to see how it's not cowardly for rape victims but cowardly for those who fall pregnant by consenting sex to abort. In both cases, (assuming the consenting woman was using protection), the women didn't ask or intend to fall pregnant and therefore both have the right to abort because they weren't prepared to carry a child.
    1)That was sarcasm >.>

    2)You still don't get it. I'm not surprised at women saying abortion is wrong because they don't want to go through that pain. But taking the life of your own child, your won blood is just plain cruel. If you don't want to take care of the baby, then there's always adoption. Why take its life so early?


    My ban from Serebii should in end in one day.....after that, I'm out:panic:

  13. #38
    The Gentleman Fuhrer Pikatwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In a house presumably on Earth.
    Posts
    5,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Razr12 View Post
    1)That was sarcasm >.>
    Yeah, sure.

    2)You still don't get it. I'm not surprised at women saying abortion is wrong because they don't want to go through that pain.
    What?

    But taking the life of your own child, your won blood is just plain cruel.
    As far as I'm concerned, a child /fetus /whatever isn't living until it starts breathing and showing synaptic activity, which is pretty late into gestation. Until then it's nothing more than a lump of lifeless matter.

    If you don't want to take care of the baby, then there's always adoption.
    If a couple isn't ready for a child, why the hell would they want to adopt one?

    Why take its life so early?
    Abortions are typically carried out before the fetus is actually alive so technically no lives are being taken.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

    Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

  14. #39
    Your mom's Trainer Razr12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    East LA
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikatwo View Post
    Yeah, sure.


    What?


    As far as I'm concerned, a child /fetus /whatever isn't living until it starts breathing and showing synaptic activity, which is pretty late into gestation. Until then it's nothing more than a lump of lifeless matter.


    If a couple isn't ready for a child, why the hell would they want to adopt one?


    Abortions are typically carried out before the fetus is actually alive so technically no lives are being taken.
    For the adoption thing, I meant they should put the child up for adoption, not adopt one.


    My ban from Serebii should in end in one day.....after that, I'm out:panic:

  15. #40
    Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kaleidoscope Of Mathematics
    Posts
    18,269

    Default

    Since I've never had to deal with this issue, it's probably not my right to say what's right or not, but frankly, I don't believe this topic should be arguable. It should just be the opinion of the parent(s). So like this:

    "You're pregnant."

    "Oh."

    "Do you want an abortion?"

    "... Yes."

    "Fine. Let's schedule it."

    And end conversation. Why fight for something that can hardly live in it's current stage? And if you're so desperate to save a child's life, there's always the childern in Africa that need your help. And they're unarguably alive.

  16. #41
    Your mom's Trainer Razr12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    East LA
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pichubro View Post
    Since I've never had to deal with this issue, it's probably not my right to say what's right or not, but frankly, I don't believe this topic should be arguable. It should just be the opinion of the parent(s). So like this:

    "You're pregnant."

    "Oh."

    "Do you want an abortion?"

    "... Yes."

    "Fine. Let's schedule it."

    And end conversation. Why fight for something that can hardly live in it's current stage? And if you're so desperate to save a child's life, there's always the childern in Africa that need your help. And they're unarguably alive.
    Good point. But like I said before, they could be someone important some day...


    My ban from Serebii should in end in one day.....after that, I'm out:panic:

  17. #42
    Revolting Mex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Green Inferno
    Posts
    39,937

    Default

    Pills aren't for everyone you know. Some women can develop some nasty side effects if they already have other medical conditions. They're not simple like pain killers are simple. They are very complex drugs that a few people just can't benefit from. Even then, they are not 100% effective. NO form of protection is.
    When the Devil is too busy
    And Death's a bit too much
    They call on me by name you see,
    For my special touch.

  18. #43
    Revolting Mex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Green Inferno
    Posts
    39,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Razr12 View Post
    For the adoption thing, I meant they should put the child up for adoption, not adopt one.
    There are already countless kids who are put up for adoption but can't find homes. Why not give those kids a chance and help the problem by getting rid of future orphans?
    When the Devil is too busy
    And Death's a bit too much
    They call on me by name you see,
    For my special touch.

  19. #44
    Street Justice Hero Fullmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Crusading
    Posts
    16,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    I disagree if it is the father. Even though he is not carrying the pregnancy it is still his child. I don't think he should be able to veto a choice of abortion, but to say he can't offer an opinion of the life of his own child I think is completely wrong.
    misspoke. you can have an opinion on YOUR potential child, but you can't have the final say and you certainly can't decide for everyone else. better?

  20. #45
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mex View Post
    Pills aren't for everyone you know. Some women can develop some nasty side effects if they already have other medical conditions. They're not simple like pain killers are simple. They are very complex drugs that a few people just can't benefit from. Even then, they are not 100% effective. NO form of protection is.
    to be fair pills are somewhere in the area of 99.5% effective if used right.

    i just find the mentality of abortion being a no big deal quick fix pretty troubling in a slippery slope kind of way, even though i dont usually take slippery slope arguments too seriously

  21. #46
    Revolting Mex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Green Inferno
    Posts
    39,937

    Default

    So long as you don't take the radical stance that our dear friend Razr has taken, I am willing to agree to disagree
    When the Devil is too busy
    And Death's a bit too much
    They call on me by name you see,
    For my special touch.

  22. #47
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,754

    Default

    razr's hardly taken a radical stance. have you SEEN radical stances on abortion? they are pretty radical.

  23. #48
    Revolting Mex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Green Inferno
    Posts
    39,937

    Default

    blowing up clinics? Yes.

    I just have a huge problem with him calling women who get abortions cowards
    When the Devil is too busy
    And Death's a bit too much
    They call on me by name you see,
    For my special touch.

  24. #49
    I am on a Sugar Rush. Stardust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sitting on a chair.
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Whatever, it's not like he should really understand it. He doesn't go through anything.

    And I agree, instead of having a child and putting it up for adoption, why not save an orphan child?
    ChikaraGoku King AnimeSakura Blossom



  25. #50
    Revolting Mex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Green Inferno
    Posts
    39,937

    Default

    If I ever had an urge to get a kid I would get a foster child. If I ever had an urge for a biological baby I would have a test tube baby
    When the Devil is too busy
    And Death's a bit too much
    They call on me by name you see,
    For my special touch.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •