Thread: PokeDream Museum

Hybrid View

Default PokeDream Museum

Pokemon Dream finally has an image gallery that allows users to submit their artwork without much delay. This is good news, since that means it's no longer necessary for your slow and lazy webmaster (me) to put up your Fan Art -- instead, do it yourself! Also, other users can rate it instead of just me rating all the artwork. I present to you the PokeDream Museum!

It's pretty empty at the moment but, hopefully, soon, we'll have lots of members posting their artwork. I plan to eventually migrate our current Pokemon Picture Archive and Fan Art sections to the Museum. Please join now if you want to post your artwork for everyone to see! Have fun!

I will post very soon, but I would like to know if other people will be able to steal our work. That really bothers me, when someone takes the work of another and claims it as their own.
    ChikaraGoku King AnimeSakura Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    I will post very soon, but I would like to know if other people will be able to steal our work. That really bothers me, when someone takes the work of another and claims it as their own.
    The person who steals your work will definitely be banned. The general idea, however, is that anything online can easily be stolen. But we can always "kill" those people.

Meh...I won't be around much to enjoy it. Once my ban from serebii ends, I'm leaving... :/

My ban from Serebii should in end in one day.....after that, I'm out:panic:

But what about guests?

But what about guests?
    What ABOUT them?

Guests can only rate pictures, that's it.

But are they able to copy/paste or save the picture? Because then they would be able to steal it....

But are they able to copy/paste or save the picture? Because then they would be able to steal it....
    ANYTHING on the internet can be stolen. There is no way for anyone to prevent an image from being stolen if it's viewable online...there's just no way.

Even if you block copying images on a site like serebii, they could still just screenshot and delete the rest of the crap that comes with
    -.---.----..

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaki View Post
    Even if you block copying images on a site like serebii, they could still just screenshot and delete the rest of the crap that comes with
    An even easier and more straightforward way to do that is simply turn off JavaScript.

I think sites that prevent people from right clicking or highlighting or viewing their sources need to get reality checks -- if someone really wants to steal your content, they will find a way to do it. And, unfortunately, the internet is very open and doing anything is quite easy once you figure it out. It simply makes it hard on visitors who have no bad intentions but only want to share information or pictures with friends.

Ill post some of my Lugia and Darkrai artwork..if it helps to build up the gallery