Thread: PokeDream Museum

Hybrid View

Default PokeDream Museum

Hey everyone, now you can register at the PokeDream Museum to upload and manage your artwork. Please check it out!

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

Imageshack Forever!

... Nah, just kidding. No, hang on, I wasn't... Anyway, if I thought it was useful to keep all my sprites, etc. on the internet I would, but I have a folder and some rewritable disks for that. Plus I don't see me getting copyright on any of it by doing this (unlike Writing.com which gives you copyright over anything you put up there [which means free copyright on ten stories/whatever ]), so no thanks. Nice idea though

The Editor I don't think you are ever going to sue someone for posting your pokemon sprite image without asking you.

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

True, because then Nintendo would sue me... Well, that just makes it an even less attractive proposition. Thanks God.

shiney mew

cool

:wagon:mew

Default Artist's Creative Commons Copyright

Most of you haven't heard of Creative Commons License.
    It's a copyright that is flexable and allows control over your work.
    http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses

Most artist know this copyright law, anything that you made instanly has been copyrighted by Creative Comms License.
    No one can steal your work if you claim the CC License. As long as you can prove when you created it (easy when it's some sort of digital work). So if someone claims your work as your own, you can show them the CC License and should be able to back off.

Now, listen to this though:
    Orphan Art. This is when a third party finds a peice of work and want to use for their advertisment. If the third party cannot find the original publisher in a rational ammount of time (minimum of 6 months) then the third party can use the work as their own.
    So if you don't want people to use your work, make sure that someone can contact you.
    Also, if it's fan artwork, you have to state that it is so and who the original Trade Marks are and who owns their Copyrights.

So if you make a Animated Gif of Pikachu doing karate, the CCL could resemble this something like this:

e.g.:
    "Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States
    Pikachu Karate Copyright to Leo33wii
    Pikachu is a Trade Mark of Nintendo/GameFreak and partner companies
    Pokemon and all other related work is Copyright of Nintendo/GameFreak and all other related companies"

This says "I made this. I don't want people to use it to gain money, unless you ask me and I say 'yes.' Nintendo and GameFreak and anyone else who made pokemon and pikachu are the original creaters of the character I am using here. Please, do not sue me!!"

Hope this helps.

oh shit

Shiney mew is very insightful.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

did you know that is my sister

rumbleraiser

Default Pokemon drawing

Hi everybody ! This is a pokemon that I have created ! His name is Genoturles. I have written every thing about him already. His story, his stats. He even have a first form that I would like to show you after reading your critics.I hope you like him.