Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IOWA CAUCUS

Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar

I could vote too, but I'm probably not going to since I don't like any of the candidates and I'm not going to go out of my way to help them. That and it's not like one vote in the popular vote matters anyway.

the I DONT LIKE ANY CANDIDATE mentality is 99% a product of american political culture rather than actually knowing anything about them. i am inclined to call BULLSHIT when most people say it.

WHO WOULD YOUR PERFECT CANDIDATE BE THEN GIANT SQUID

Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar

Mike Gravel isn't bad really, and I guess someone like him would probably be my prefered candidate. But considering that no matter who I pick won't impact my life in the slightest there's really no incentive for me to care, and with rampant jingoism and overzealous would-be political analysts like your self in existence I don't have to worry about things getting to a point where it will impact me, so I see no reason to put effort into thinking of an ideal candidate.

tim is just picking fights now. to be fair squid, if one person says their vote doesn't matter, they're right. however a_lot of people have taken that mentallity. when enough think that way, then it ends up mattering.

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Squid View Post
    Mike Gravel isn't bad really, and I guess someone like him would probably be my prefered candidate. But considering that no matter who I pick won't impact my life in the slightest there's really no incentive for me to care, and with rampant jingoism and overzealous would-be political analysts like your self in existence I don't have to worry about things getting to a point where it will impact me, so I see no reason to put effort into thinking of an ideal candidate.
    Well hot damn, that was pretty heated.

nah i was thinkin bout turnin on a heater it was pretty mild and brisk

my aunts lesbian friends, Karrie and Cindy, were shopping for rings cause they are getting civil union'd soon (even though they've been together for 27 years). All the sudden, the store manager comes over and hes like "Rudy Guliani is coming, and we have to notify all the people in the store". They're like ok whatever, and they stay. Rudy comes in and wishes everyone a merry Christmas and such, and when he gets to my aunts friends, Karrie goes "Thanks!!! We're buying rings for our civil union!!!" (knowing full well who he was) and he gets all awkward and goes "Oh, er, well, I dont support that, uh, but, um, Merry Christmas." And then Karrie pats him on the back and goes "I know you dont support that, its why I told you." gave him a jollly grin, and left

har har hee hee

That's rather interesting

Quote Originally Posted by kg View Post
    my aunts lesbian friends, Karrie and Cindy, were shopping for rings cause they are getting civil union'd soon (even though they've been together for 27 years). All the sudden, the store manager comes over and hes like "Rudy Guliani is coming, and we have to notify all the people in the store". They're like ok whatever, and they stay. Rudy comes in and wishes everyone a merry Christmas and such, and when he gets to my aunts friends, Karrie goes "Thanks!!! We're buying rings for our civil union!!!" (knowing full well who he was) and he gets all awkward and goes "Oh, er, well, I dont support that, uh, but, um, Merry Christmas." And then Karrie pats him on the back and goes "I know you dont support that, its why I told you." gave him a jollly grin, and left

har har hee hee
    Hm that's pretty interesting because Giuliani supports same-sex civil unions. He is pretty big on gay rights actually.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12