Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comic Books

Default Comic Books

We need a thread to talk about em here. Is anyone else still pissed that they killed of Captain America and replaced him with frickin Cyborg Bucky?
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Eh, Marvel's faggotry under Joey Q (Don't even get me started on the frickin LAME crap they just did to Spider-Man) aside... Hellboy may be the finest comic book ever written. Any of you scrubs ever read any of it? It's excellent, lemme hear your thoughts.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

my favorites include:
    Johnny The Homicidal Maniac
    Squee
    I Feel Sick
    Filler Bunny
    Jellyfist
    Maus
    Bone
    Lenore
    Umbrella Academy
    Bear

mostly underground stuff

Yeah I haven't read much of that although I've heard of a lot of it. I've read JHM, Squee and Bone. They are all pretty decent. Actually I want to get all of Bone.

My List..at the moment at least goes:

Hellboy
    Moonknight
    Thunderbolts
    A lot of smaller limited series ESPECIALLY The Hood.
    I was really into the Hulk for a while but the way they ended World War Hulk was... unsatisfactory.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Let me comment on the Hood for a second... It's a Marvel book, superheroes and all, but it was under their MAX imprint, which means they can have adult content, nudity, language, blood and gore. The Punisher MAX is like their staple product in that line... but I digress.

The Hood is the story of Spider Man's cousin Parker Robbins. And it's basically an inverse of Peter Parker;s story.. The tagline of the book is actually: With Great Power Comes Great Opportunity.

Anyone, to sum up.. Parker is a small time hood and when he and his buddy/cousin/whatknot go to rob a warehouse they find it empty...except for some low burning candles and a big occult symbol on the ground. They poke around, this hideous demonic thing jumps out at the other guy, so Parker blasts it, three slugs in the chest and it goes down. It's got nice boots on, so Parker yanks them... he takes it's big red hooded cloak too, might be worth something... Turns out the boots let the wearer walk on air, and the Hood renders a person invisible as long as they hold their breath... sadly Parker's a smoker. He learns about the abilities, accidently shoots a cop, steals a diamond shimpment from a crimelord.... hijinks ensue.

Read it everyone, it rocks.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

I don't like reading comic books. I l ike Manga better, cause you have to read from right to left. Manga books are great.
    ChikaraGoku King AnimeSakura Blossom

Uh Virginia. Charlotte Court House. Yeaaa

I agree. Manga is much better. Comic Books are more my dad's thing.
    Yesh, I'm Back To PD. Yay...! :-/

When Life Gets Complicated, Just Eat A Kit-Kat!

I Love Jacob Andrew Dix. :-* My Sk8r 4ever. <3

K I'm Cleanin Up My Pairs. Again. Please Just Ask To Pair! =D

Mi Pairs;;;

Bah, I enjoy having color in my literature, and not having to try and force dyslexia on myself. I generally prefer comicbook art to manga art as well.. There is some stuff I like better but not a lot.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Watch the petals fall... Sakura Blossom's Avatar

The only ones I would read would be...Garfield.

But I prefer manga too. ^^

^This is a cherry tree. Got it?^

Espeon's PINK. ^-^

Oreos and cookie crunch! Hikari's Avatar

Me three! I <3 Fruits Basket!!

But I do read the comics in the newspaper on Sundays. That's gotta count for something.

in all honestly I find comic books in general to be more entertaining than most manga. But only the strange obscure comics, not the mainstream superhero ones.

needless to say I do enjoy SOME manga, but not all. I usually just watch the animes instead

Beginning Trainer

I liked Milk & Cheese. 2 bad ass dairy products that like to drink and cause havoc. But if you like comic book heroes, check out the City of Heroes / City of Villains MMO.

I'd LOVE too.. I have a copy. Sadly City of Heroes/Villians doesn't fly with a 24k net connection. I still recommend anyone here to read The Hood (the miniseries not his lamer appearance in New Avengers.....Although IT WAS cool when he blew WOlverine's balls off) also, you punk kids would probably like Runaways (Even you Mex) I didn't care for it after the first Story Arc ended but it isn't badly written (Well until Joss Whedon took over... it was NOT his thing to write) Hey, both of those series were written by Brian K. Vaughn I never realized that. Cool.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

I'm sad to say I was born a generation or so late for the age of comic books, but when I was young I read some of my big brother's tattered old graphic novels [he's turning 23 this year]. Primarily things such as Batman, X-Men, The Incredible Hulk, all that sort. I admit I wouldn't have taken these as serious as if it were a decade ago, but I did enjoy them a lot. ^^

Runaways? What's it about?

I picked up a few Runaways Graphic Novels at my job and read 'em out of order. I prefer New X-Men as far as my teenaged supergroups go but the Runaways are cool. And the 9 year old mutant girl had the cutest line I ever read; "OH MY FREAKIN' GOSH!" <<<333

I'm also an avid reader of the Ultimate lines, sPidey, X-Men, Ultimates and the crossovers. I dropped Ultimate Fantastic Four though because it got boring and lost the whole "fresh" feel after a while. I loved 'em cuz they didn't have 40 years of continuity to catch up on but lately the timeline's gotten ridiculously strained on account of how Peter Parker is still fucking 15! Everyone's aged but him & MJ. Still, the latest ish was sweet. Peter, MJ, Kitty Pryde, Iceman, Human Torch and Liza Allen all go to the beach to discover that the latter is in fact also a mutant.

I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

Damn it's been too long since I posted on this. So, Can Secret Invasion save Marvel? And more importantly... does Deaging Peter Parker AGAIN by nullifying his marriage and bring Harry Osborne back sound as stupid to me as it does to anyone else? Oh yeah... to do so ole Webhead made a deal with MEPHISTO... THE FRICKIN DEVIL!
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Old much?

I read generally manga. I tried reading comics, but really can't get into them. Anime and manga it is for me.

Manga's crap.. don't really care for the art, and If I wanted to read backwards I'd get dyslexia. That's the problem with you punk kids these days, with your fancy wii controllers and your japanimation, no appreciation for the classics. You at least acknowledge that Final Fantasy VI is the greatest Role PLaying Game ever to grace a console I hope?
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Never played it.

HERESY! well.. go to Books A Million or whatever your big bookstore is around there is and read the trade paper backs of Marvel's Civil War... you not being a comics reader it probably won't piss you off like it did me, but after that read Planet Hulk... that's what Comics should be.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

I had an absolute spasm at Armageddon Pulp Expo, practically the only convention around here for obscure topics, when I saw the stand 'Gotham Collection' with huge boxes of comic books in dozens of rows. Too bad they had them all sealed up in excellent condition so I couldn't flick through them a bit. Saw a few I had never heard of. I took home with me a big bundle of old school Batman, a few Captain America issues, X-Men and The Hulk. Even though it's named after the DC city, they had a lot of Marvel along with it.

Cool.. we have NOTHING here.... NOTHING. I have to drive at LEAST anhour to find a comic book store. Books A Million is subpar when it comes to actual comics, although they do have a good selection of TPBs.

Captain America the series... as written by Ed Brubaker is actually really good, but I'm still pissed off that they killed Cap and replaced him with Cyborg Bucky.

I'm even more annoyed by what they've done to Spider Man.

Oh Nidogod, if you want to see Peter Parker age like he's supposed to, read Spider Girl, it's pretty decent even though it's in it's own continuity.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

So Wolvering got his memory back after all these years. Turns out he started off as a spoiled little rich boy.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast