Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A second earth

The meaning of life is "bucket". Omnipotent Chaos's Avatar
    Rejoicing for the very bad things that are about to happen.

Default A second earth

Here's one, do you think it's possible that there is a second earth with the same orbit as this one? As long as it travels the same speed as this one and stays at the oppisite end of the orbit it could be possible.

Paired with The Editor.

A second Earth orbiting our star in this solar system? What?
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

I honest to god mean it! Now where the hells my sammich?!? Eon Spirit's Avatar
    Hoping intelligence sparks in some peoples minds...

It's OC, he's retarded and enjoys showing it.
    New Claimed Character: Onikami O'Donnel Son of Wolf O'Donnel
    Awesome!! The spirituous Soulhaven Town Come join the club Cyndaquils, get'm now!

Albums wanting:
    Slipknot - Vol. 3 (The subliminal Verses)
    White Stripes - Eephant
    Halo 2 Soundtrack 1
    Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
    Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fists

The meaning of life is "bucket". Omnipotent Chaos's Avatar
    Rejoicing for the very bad things that are about to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikatwo View Post
    A second Earth orbiting our star in this solar system? What?
    Nevermind...

Paired with The Editor.

Okay, Omnipotent Chaos. Be vague then cop out when someone asks you to explain what you're on about.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

I think I understand. He's saying that there is another planet Earth, on our Earth's orbit, but on the exact opposite side of us, so that the Sun would always be blocking it.

Being that I'm training to become a Doctor, I've never had the opportunity to study Space in dept. So I have no idea how plausible that is. I'm sure there is someway to tell what is on the other side of the Sun. But if not, then I guess their could be another Earth.

But I really have no clue, I was just posting to clarify the OP.

I honest to god mean it! Now where the hells my sammich?!? Eon Spirit's Avatar
    Hoping intelligence sparks in some peoples minds...

Tht's impossible though since space probes would've seen it, and also, two planets can not be on the same orbital plain, it's so very highly unlikely.
    New Claimed Character: Onikami O'Donnel Son of Wolf O'Donnel
    Awesome!! The spirituous Soulhaven Town Come join the club Cyndaquils, get'm now!

Albums wanting:
    Slipknot - Vol. 3 (The subliminal Verses)
    White Stripes - Eephant
    Halo 2 Soundtrack 1
    Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
    Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fists

.................................................. .........................

...... No. No it's not possible.

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

If it were true it would have been discovered due to variances in the orbits of Mars and Venus caused by its gravitational pull.

Orbiting another star, maybe.

Orbiting our star, no. We have too many space probes. They would have seen it. But it does present an interesting plotline for a sci-fi novel.

Yeah.

Second Earth, by Joe Random.

For thousands of years, humanity has looked to the stars for any signs of intelligent life like our own. They have peered into the dark beyond through telescopes, scanned the vastness of space for radio signals, sent out unmanned probes and even put men on the surface of the Moon, all in an effort to answer that age old question: Are we alone? But what Mankind doesn't realise is that intelligent life most certainly exists - and that it IS in our own neighbourhood and not beyond it! On an identical orbit as our own planet but orbiting on the opposite side of the Sun, is another Earth, inhabited by humans just like us! But these humans are jealous, jealous of our lovely little planet rich with it's natural resources since the Second Earth humans have almost depleted their supplies of fossil fuels! : O And they have a plan, a nasty, devastating plan to invade our Earth to steal it's resources! Can they be stopped before it's too late?!

Join Donald Donson and his elite team of intergalactic space heroes as they battle the evil humans of the Second Earth to save mankind! Our mankind ...
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

ahahahahaha

Sounds generic

It sounds similar to what the aliens did in Independence Day.

Better plotline would be that they are an exact replica of our planet, except that they have figured out that money is only as worth as much as people think it does.

Bizarro Earth? Hell yeah.

I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

ahahhahahaha

Bizarro Nidogod is a petite black chick with 3 boobs.

I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

It would be cool if we could drag a similar planet into a proper orbit and mold it into an inhabitable state, that'd be really awesome.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

Without buggering up the carefully laid out orbits of every other planet? That'd be quite the achievement.

Going back to the original topic, it's impossible to not see the second Earth because the Earth orbits elliptically with the Sun as one of its foci. This means the Sun cannot be constantly between the two planets.

Carefully laid out? No being positioned these planets to revolve around the Sun the way they do now. Man may have calculated the orbit of the planets in our Solar System, however, gravitional power moves of its own accord.

What the #$%&?

Registered Users Regular Bluebabe kitten's Avatar

Well I highly doubt that because if so the planet couldn't be that simular.It's kinda hard for me to explain right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebabe kitten View Post
    Well I highly doubt that because if so the planet couldn't be that simular.It's kinda hard for me to explain right now.
    Considering there's only 92 elements, there's already billions of planets, and the universe is constantly expanding, having a planet of similar nature to ours is not unrealistic. It being in the same solar system is next to impossible, especially on the same orbit (which in itself is a load of bullshit), but the idea itself isn't that far fetched.

I chose my wording badly when I said "laid out", and I apologise. What I meant by it is that the currently observed orbital paths would not be seen if there was a second planet on our orbit.

However, there is no reason why it couldn't happen, although, as Nocturne says, it's virtually impossible as the two planets would have to have the same mass, move at the same speed and be on the same path.

Disembowelment is forthcoming Yojimbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pikatwo View Post
    Yeah.

Second Earth, by Joe Random.

For thousands of years, humanity has looked to the stars for any signs of intelligent life like our own. They have peered into the dark beyond through telescopes, scanned the vastness of space for radio signals, sent out unmanned probes and even put men on the surface of the Moon, all in an effort to answer that age old question: Are we alone? But what Mankind doesn't realise is that intelligent life most certainly exists - and that it IS in our own neighbourhood and not beyond it! On an identical orbit as our own planet but orbiting on the opposite side of the Sun, is another Earth, inhabited by humans just like us! But these humans are jealous, jealous of our lovely little planet rich with it's natural resources since the Second Earth humans have almost depleted their supplies of fossil fuels! : O And they have a plan, a nasty, devastating plan to invade our Earth to steal it's resources! Can they be stopped before it's too late?!

Join Donald Donson and his elite team of intergalactic space heroes as they battle the evil humans of the Second Earth to save mankind! Our mankind ...
    Neat roleplaying idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    Im growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.
    - Snakes on a Plane (As if spoken by a proper Englishman)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast