Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48

Thread: Holy Trinity: Pre-Jesus?

  1. #1
    Nidogod That Ho!!! Nidogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,284

    Default Holy Trinity: Pre-Jesus?

    Religious Query.

    Before Jesus was born, was the Holy Trinity a holy duo of Father and Holy sPirit? Or expectant father and Holy sPirit? Or Holy sPirit and his unaccomplished brother? Or was it just the Holy sPirit?


    I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

  2. #2
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,994

    Default

    Father and Ghost, methink. The Trinity's a Christian thing, though. Definitely post Christ.

  3. #3
    Furry Authority RedCheetah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Jesus was supposedly always up in heaven but came down that one instance.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

  4. #4
    Disembowelment is forthcoming Yojimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    I'm always on the move
    Posts
    13,360

    Default

    Why can't we all just burn the bible and be realist-athiests for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    Im growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.
    - Snakes on a Plane (As if spoken by a proper Englishman)

  5. #5
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,994

    Default

    I haven't heard that one before, RC.

    A lot of people would have problems adjusting to the fact that they'd wasted a large chunk of their lives in Church when they could've been doing something helpful, like charity work.

  6. #6
    <3 Miss Raichu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Why can't we all just burn the bible and be realist-athiests for once.
    Because atheists are dumb shits.
    I'd rather absolute Christianity then absolute atheism.

  7. #7
    Advanced Trainer Nocturne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    8,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Raichu View Post
    Because atheists are dumb shits.
    I'd rather absolute Christianity then absolute atheism.
    You can't possibly be serious. Do I need to pull out the energy/matter argument I always use?

  8. #8
    Furry Authority RedCheetah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Atheists are just as droll as christians.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

  9. #9
    Advanced Trainer Nocturne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    8,353

    Default

    I wasn't particularly saying any side is better, but Atheists are hardly the ones with the less brains on their behalf. We at least use some logic in our beliefs (or lack thereof).

  10. #10
    Nidogod That Ho!!! Nidogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,284

    Default

    http://www.cracked.com/article_15759...-agree-on.html
    ^10 things Christians & Atheists can & must agree on


    I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

  11. #11
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,994

    Default

    It would be best if everyone was Buddhist (Therevada).

  12. #12
    <3 Miss Raichu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    I wasn't particularly saying any side is better, but Atheists are hardly the ones with the less brains on their behalf. We at least use some logic in our beliefs (or lack thereof).
    Atheists have very little over Christians, especially in the logic department. But I suppose in some ways they are... a bit... better. I'd still rather Christian company to Atheist company. Sounds strange coming from a Satanist; I know. But I just can't stand the way that most Atheists act about their beliefs.

  13. #13
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,994

    Default

    Explain that one, because I really hope you're not saying what I think you're saying. That would be a gross generalisation.

  14. #14
    <3 Miss Raichu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Stereotypes only exist because the majority of people in the group represent that stereotype.

  15. #15
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,994

    Default

    No, stereotypes exist because they're the most publicised aspect of that group.

  16. #16
    <3 Miss Raichu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    No, stereotypes exist because they're the most publicised aspect of that group.
    I don't believe that. Personally in my experience I've found that Stereotypes are usually accurate in someway or another.

  17. #17
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,994

    Default

    But not in all. Now, are you going to tell us what the atheists you know are like or what?

  18. #18
    <3 Miss Raichu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Hypocrites. I only know a select few atheists who wouldn't behave like a complete hypocritical idiot in the following scenario:

    They're on a train platform and a Christian comes up to them and says "Can I have a moment of your time to discuss with you the world of my god."
    For any sane and civilized person they'd politely decline. But I have to say that honestly most atheists I know would go bat-shit about this.
    "HOW DARE YOU SHOVE YOUR RELIGION DOWN MY THROAT. GOD DOESN'T EXIST YOU ARE WRONG AND STUPID FOR BELIEVE THAT."
    I can't count how many times I've heard an atheist say something along those lines.

    At least Christians can shut up about their religion sometimes, it seems like atheists must make it their goal in life to convince everyone that being an atheist is right.

  19. #19
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,994

    Default

    You're dealing with militant atheists. Other atheists (myself include) would just use logic to argue with someone like that. And, inevitably, it would come down to faith.

  20. #20
    Advanced Trainer Nocturne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    8,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Raichu View Post
    Atheists have very little over Christians, especially in the logic department. But I suppose in some ways they are... a bit... better. I'd still rather Christian company to Atheist company. Sounds strange coming from a Satanist; I know. But I just can't stand the way that most Atheists act about their beliefs.
    I still can't take you seriously about the logic thing. You're saying that an invisible man creating an entire universe, full of wild animals and prosperity, yet populating that with only one human being, who is supposed to be made in his image (by the way, all of them are fully evolved as soon as they are created, essentially contradicting what is a scientific fact), all of which happened in seven days, is more logical than beliefs based on science?

  21. #21
    Advanced Trainer Nocturne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    8,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    You're dealing with militant atheists. Other atheists (myself include) would just use logic to argue with someone like that. And, inevitably, it would come down to faith.
    And even rational atheists would react in such a manner to their militant counterparts on the religious end, i.e militant Christians.

  22. #22
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,994

    Default

    That's because Christofascists don't accept science, and so logical arguments starting with the premise "Science is generally correct" (which most atheist arguments rely on) get ignored. Likewise the atheist ignores the Christian premise of "The Bible is undeniably true" on the grounds that it isn't.

  23. #23
    Nidogod That Ho!!! Nidogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Raichu View Post

    At least Christians can shut up about their religion sometimes, it seems like atheists must make it their goal in life to convince everyone that being an atheist is right.
    I triple dog dare you to go to a midwestern town and ask people for a moment of their time to talk about Satanism.


    I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

  24. #24
    <3 Miss Raichu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nidogod View Post
    I triple dog dare you to go to a midwestern town and ask people for a moment of their time to talk about Satanism.
    Why? You're born a Satanist. You can't convert people, it would be a waste.

  25. #25
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,994

    Default

    I dare you to try and convert me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •