Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holy Trinity: Pre-Jesus?

Disembowelment is forthcoming Yojimbo's Avatar

I just can't see how someone can believe that something with a conscience actually built a universe. It's like believing in magic, which just cannot be backed up. Atheism has MUCH MUCH MUCH more theoretical proof than Christianity. There is no way possible to argue against that. Missy raichu, i want you to put yourself together and just TRY to tell me how Christianity can be more logical to believe in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    Im growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.
    - Snakes on a Plane (As if spoken by a proper Englishman)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Raichu View Post
    Why? You're born a Satanist. You can't convert people, it would be a waste.
    How the hell does that work? Satanism is the worship of "The Devil". So aside from everyone popping out of the womb and thinking about how almighty the devil is, no one is born a Satanist. For that matter, if anyone was to be born into a religion (or lack thereof) they'd be born atheist, because they don't have the mental ability to believe in a god. That was a ridiculously moronic post.

This is why christian's can't debate over religion. They're too fucking ARROGANT.

http://i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=27538
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    Im growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I just can't see how someone can believe that something with a conscience actually built a universe. It's like believing in magic, which just cannot be backed up. Atheism has MUCH MUCH MUCH more theoretical proof than Christianity. There is no way possible to argue against that. Missy raichu, i want you to put yourself together and just TRY to tell me how Christianity can be more logical to believe in.
    The way I see it, Time & sPace just developed consiousness all it's own and figured out how to control itself.

I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

A set of laws exist that happen to work. There are infinitely many possible constants and laws, but only a very small number result in a universe which won't fall apart in a ridiculously short period of time. Seeing as every single possible permutation can happen, it's no surprise that at least one of them worked.

Time is a never ending sequence. Even when the universe is annihilated, time will still continue. Thinking that the universe was created by a mythical entity is absurd, because time goes back forever as well. There is no beginning to the universe, the big bang may have happened, but the universe was still there even trillions of years before that. I may not be sure of it, but i believe that the universe is infinite years old. How can there be a god if us humans were able to reach into the complexity of the universe and clone ourselves a human and sheep? Wouldn't god have a law in nature for that not to be possible? And about the banana argument, everything in life is fucking related; the plants, animals, and bacteria, all derived hundred of thousands of years ago to the beginning of life on Earth. After years of evolution, adaption, and transformation of climates and the shifting of plates, a modern day Earth was formed. The bananas and monkeys evolved together in the same environment, and that's why they happen to have a mutual relation. It's called fucking ecology, life changes to fit the environment, whereas the bananas evolved to fit the needs of an also evolving monkey. It wasn't GOD who made the shape of a banana, it was the consistency of life. The big bang is as far back as we can go, but I'm sure as hell certain that it can go back googleplex amounts of years back. No god, just a universe that always existed.

I agree (although I prefer the idea of an oscillating universe, which contracts into a singularity, expands, contracts, expands, etc., etc.). After all, if energy is eternal, and matter is energy, surely nothing need be created?

Exactly, and here's a question you Christian's should love to reach inside your asses for.

If there is a god, where the FUCK did he come from?

Seriously, if your going to believe in that kind of shit, it's only creating more problems to how realistic it could actually seem.

Raise your hand if you've heard of Thomas Aquinas' Uncaused Causer/Unmoved Mover arguments

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Exactly, and here's a question you Christian's should love to reach inside your asses for.

Seriously, if your going to believe in that kind of shit, it's only creating more problems to how realistic it could actually seem.
    And where did the matter/catalyst to cause the big bang come from?

Just playing the devil's advocate btw.

Like I said, matter is energy, and energy is eternal: it is neither created nor destroyed. Therefore energy has always been there, ready to turn into matter, and when it did the Big Bang kicked off.

Energy and matter are two separate things The Editor. Sure they can be combined, but they're still distinctly separate.

No they're not. Matter being able to turn into energy and vice versa is what allows the Sun to keep going and nuclear power stations to produce electricity. On a more fundamental level it explains what happens to the energy you put into taking apart an atom - it becomes matter (which is why a proton on its own is slightly heavier than a proton in an atom [amongst many other things]).

Don't argue with me, kid. I have A-Level Physics on my side.

Yes they can be transformed, suffused, infused, and all manner of other things, but they're still distinctly two different states of being.

In the same way that liquid and solid are.

And they're different in the way of life and death. You can transcend between the two (with limitations of course), but they're still distinctly and utterly different.

They're more like two different forms of the same thing, in the same way that diamond and graphite are two different forms of carbon.

Time & sPace & matter and energy; all different asPects of something that is, was and always will be. Hmm, who the fuck does that sound like?

God. But that simply shows that God is an anthropomorphisation of the laws of physics.

Well...yeah.

So, uh, what now?

Uh...Hmm. So tell me, Ed, what's the craziest thing you've done lately?

I broke a wicker-work chair on Sunday by walking on it to get around a bunch of cardboard boxes and a chair.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12