Thread: a very specific situation requesting advice

Peedal

Exclamation a very specific situation requesting advice

hi! i have been an abbid pokemon fan since the first game came out, and have had very few complaints for any game. i just recently bought pokemon diamond, and i am kinda stuck. now before someone responds, i would just like to say i do know what im doing. so please dont put stupid comments down.

Situation: saved after beating the Psychic guy of elite four, need to fight cynthia

pokemon w/ lvls
    infernape, lvl 47 moves: mach punch; close combat, fireblast, cut
    gyrados, lvl 49 moves: waterfall, surf, ice fang, hyper beam
    murkrow, lvl 47 moves: fly, wing attack, defog, sucker punch
    graveler, lvl 47 moves: rollout, earthquake, rock smash, rock climb
    luxray, lvl 48 moves: lightning fang, spark, crunch, strength
    kadabra, lvl 47 moves: psychic, psybeam, psycho cut, flash

problems: no healing items other than berries (ik i used them up! i had like 30 to start with.) 8 revives, 2 full revives, more than enought ether/elixers
    all most all available tms other than the ones you have to buy. (only x1)
    8 rare candies
    items to improve the power of almost every type (no dragon) and all the obscure ones such as full incesnce, and lead? ball.

what ive already attempted doing, and probably will do to begin with
    teach flamethrower to infernape in place of flame wheel
    teach thunderbolt to luxray in place of spark
    teach ice beam to gayrdos in place of ice beam
    teach grass knot to Kadabra in place of grass roots
    lvl up graveler to 49 (x2 rare candies) and teach stone edge in place of rollout

what i know i can do:
    i put infernape in first, will finish off spiritomb, then she sends gastrodoon, send kadabra (grass knot), afterwards, sends gible thingy (i can beat with gayridos), then usually send lucario. that is where i get my butt handed to me. if i could get past him, i could easily take milotec, and the bronzer guy i can take, roserade is a prob, but i can take with either gayrdos or infernape usually, its just the dang lucario!

thats essentailly what this is about. i need a way to take out lucario without losing all my pokemon, and/or all my revives. the main problem is he is faster than all my poke mon and im not wasting precious phases using crap like scary face (which luxray can learn at 49, fyi). anyways if you can help it would be very benifitical.

Peedal

would also like to add that i would not prefer to lose, although i know it is an option

Guardian of the Dimensions Kittsuera's Avatar

It might not be possible, unless you get really lucky... Her top level Pokemon is at 66.

Anyways, do you have a Quick Claw? With some luck you could go first.

Do you have a Dusk Stone? You could use it to evolve your Murkrow into Honchkrow. That should raise some of the stats.

Good luck...
    My birthday 2/ 6/ 09

Accidental Connections come see my Fan Fic :happysad: ^-^
    Like my Avatar? Then see full view here.
    Pairs: Oni Raichu X_x Fallen_Wings, Articuno Girl (Pikapi)
    Fluffimated Pairs: Teresa Eon Spirit

~Completed

Hatches@ 418
    Evolves@ 530
    Completed@ 703

Peedal

i can't evolve murkrow, im saved too far in, and you need to trade him, which i have no one to do such things with (the only reason ive spent so much time in the underground)
    i can beat her top, garchomp, hes easy, its lucario.
    my quick claw is on graveller, but i could take it off him as i really cant us him much.
    so in short quick claw was useful. thanks for trying to help

Meows

The only thing I can think to suggest is give Gyarados the quick claw, teach him ice beam, do what you were doing and use him against Lucario and cross your fingers. /=

Other than thatt...
    I don't know what to tell you.
    Good luck though.
    Definitely have him out first and not switched in the middle of fighting lucario, usually a better chance you'll get first hit.

Try burning him to death, afterall he's steel type. Just be careful about his Figthing moves... and try Quick Claw with your graveler so you can use Earthquake.

If you can paralyze him you should go for it...

Ice isn't effective against him. (at least according to serebii.net)

Peedal

Default how its going so far

ok so now im in a different situation. i feel like a retard for not using the dusk stone, i swear my friend told me i had to trade to get honchcrow, but now i have him

i beat spiritomb with honchcrow (lvl 84), then they send out milotec, i send out luxray. if i hit with thunderbolt, it almost always withdraws milotec, and sends out gastrodoon, which really srews things up. eventually ill beat him, but ive lost a few pokemon by doing this. after that, he sends out out roserade, which i can't beat, only cause im not faster. he has extrasensory (kicks infernape) and then his sludge bomb always seems to do a critical hit on gayridos, and after that, im screwed.

again thanks for the help, and i will make sure to try to cook him
    i attached quick claw to infernape so maybe.

Use your rare candies on Infernape, perhaps that'll make the difference...

Disembowelment is forthcoming Yojimbo's Avatar

abbid isn't a word, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    Im growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.
    - Snakes on a Plane (As if spoken by a proper Englishman)

Just let yourself die, go buy a bunch of items and restart it. I beat the Elite Four in twenty minutes. It's not very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Peedal View Post
    ok so now im in a different situation. i feel like a retard for not using the dusk stone, i swear my friend told me i had to trade to get honchcrow, but now i have him

i beat spiritomb with honchcrow (lvl 84), then they send out milotec, i send out luxray. if i hit with thunderbolt, it almost always withdraws milotec, and sends out gastrodoon, which really srews things up. eventually ill beat him, but ive lost a few pokemon by doing this. after that, he sends out out roserade, which i can't beat, only cause im not faster. he has extrasensory (kicks infernape) and then his sludge bomb always seems to do a critical hit on gayridos, and after that, im screwed.

again thanks for the help, and i will make sure to try to cook him
    i attached quick claw to infernape so maybe.
    Honestly, I think the key to you winning is your Kadabra. Kadabra is the fastest pokemon on your team, next to your Infernape, so why not save him to go against Roserade? And stat wise, Kadabra should be faster than Lucario; its just that Lucario has a level advantage. So if you could teach Kadabra something like Drain Punch that targets Lucarios weakness, you could possibly have the advantage.

Save Gyrados for Garchomp, due to the fact that Gyrados can learn dragon type moves without being weak to dragon type moves itself; teach Gyrados Dragon Pulse if you have it. And if you have a Pokemon that can learn a Grass type attack, teach it one so you can save Luxray from being taken out by Garchomp and take out Gastrodon as well.

Thats the best help I can offer, and if it doesn't help the only option I see for you is just losing, training up your Pokemon to levels that are equal to Cynthia's, and going back to kick some butt.

If your Infernape can't get it done, use your Honchcrow flying moves or Kadabra psychic moves...

One Fireblast... and her Roserade is done!

Peedal

thanks for all your guy's help. i ended up dying. i could get all the way down to lucario, but the items i had just couldnt cover it. i quit, got the natl pokedex, went around caught a few, lvled up to about 52 each, and beat it with ten full restores and 10 revives. now im trying to catch giritania. thanks!