Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southern Preying Mantis Kung Fu

mudkip_power

Default Southern Preying Mantis Kung Fu

One of the rarest forms of marcial arts. Only 6 classes in the world. I take the class in Omaha. You don't have to be big and strong to take the class but they do build muscul streagth. When you reach a high rank, you'll stand a chace again people 2x bigger then you. Do you take marcial arts?

im pretty sure you're makin this up

mudkip_power

No I'm not. It's focus is weak pionts. As long as someone feels pain, this form of kung fu is very effective. Don't believe me. Look it up on google or somethin'.

Advanced Trainer

one time there was a preying mantese on my mum's car so I screamed and through a stick at it and it scratched my mum's car and i got in trouble. I didn't even get the silly bug either!

Why study a style someone made up? If I get into fights (rare thing, I'm usually away from action) I make up my own techs, which are usually defensive.

My dad has three karate schools.

Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar

I took taekwondo in 5th grade, got up to a yellow-tip (gasp! that's the halfway point to a yellow belt!) and then quit

I'm really good at perserving and sticking to my commitments

mudkip_power

Quote Originally Posted by sasuke72uchiha View Post
    My dad has three karate schools.
    That's pretty cool. Where at?

mudkip_power

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsh View Post
    one time there was a preying mantese on my mum's car so I screamed and through a stick at it and it scratched my mum's car and i got in trouble. I didn't even get the silly bug either!
    I'm sorry that happened.

In small towns in Illinios.

kelsh seems to have unfortunate luck with her mother

mudkip_power

Quote Originally Posted by sasuke72uchiha View Post
    In small towns in Illinios.
    cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsh View Post
    thats literally the saddest story ive ever heard

I broke my mother's car windshield once

mudkip_power

I busted my mom's car radio when I was 10.

Advanced Trainer

dude, I feel sorry for you. But your mum isn't like mine, probably. XDD One time I was throwing ORANGES and POTATOS at cars because I live on a huge street where alot of cars go to. Then my mum came by and I hit her car in accident and she chased me up to The Fruit Stand, me screaming, "DON'T HURT ME! PLEASE MUMMY!" And Lindsey was like, "O_O Dude..."

OH MY GOD that's hilarious. you were throwing fruits at cars? I have to try that one sometime, except nobody comes down the road I live on

My dad knows Northern Praying Mantis

I know some Tai Chi, Muay Thai, and a whole shit ton of Kendo. My dojo was actually in the AUSKF, and we ranked fairly high; we had to learn how to fight with our bodies as well as our weaponry. In tournaments you rarely ever see it, but when you spar and the rules are loose, bouts can sometimes go on for 30 seconds to a minute, where footwork and balance come into play hugely.

I miss it but it was fun while it lasted.

-KS

Error does not become Truth because it is widely accepted;
    Truth does not become error, even when it stands alone.

Paired with: Mex - Eve

The Justice Knife Xion: The Master of Steel's Avatar

Too busy to keep up with it anymore?
    hi im xion [/stab] =THE JUSTICE KNIFE=
    THE GRAYLAND SQUADRON

At the moment im doing Judo, in conjunction with cardio boxing, four times a week. I briefly tried Aikido, Shotokan Karate and Kombatan in 2003 while also doing cardio boxing (basically real boxing but without sparring, teaches me the technique anyway). Then I took Krav Maga for a few months, which is a self-defense system developed by and for the Israeli military, interestingly enough, though the civilian system has the killing techniques omitted. The striking we did was taken from boxing and Muay Thai, but the most important techniques are the various disarms against edged weapons, blunt weapons and firearms, and escapes from different holds. Every "self-defense expert" and their dog always says how this and that disarming technique would never work "in the street," which is right before they start telling you about their 'revolutionary' street fighting system which allows you to disarm and kill a 10 man armed gang with your dick.

I stopped Krav Maga because the instructor in charge of our group had to quit, and I wasn't assed waiting for a replacement, which was apparently going to have been awhile down the track, anyway. The best thing about KM was probably the disarms and escapes. I'm continuing with boxing and I chose Judo to replace Krav Maga because it's realistic and effective. The reason why it's realistic and effective is because you actually use all the techniques with full force against resisting opponents who are doing the same to you. That's a lot better than doing kata.

I'll probably be cutting back on my Judo / cardio boxing regime even more than I already have once I get into a full time job by the end of the year.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

Itty Bitty Kitty of DOOM. Peeki's Avatar

crouching tiger hidden dragon

Quote Originally Posted by KidSephy View Post
    I know some Tai Chi, Muay Thai, and a whole shit ton of Kendo. My dojo was actually in the AUSKF, and we ranked fairly high; we had to learn how to fight with our bodies as well as our weaponry. In tournaments you rarely ever see it, but when you spar and the rules are loose, bouts can sometimes go on for 30 seconds to a minute, where footwork and balance come into play hugely.

I miss it but it was fun while it lasted.

-KS
    Muay Thai is kickass.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikatwo View Post
    At the moment im doing Judo, in conjunction with cardio boxing, four times a week. I briefly tried Aikido, Shotokan Karate and Kombatan in 2003 while also doing cardio boxing (basically real boxing but without sparring, teaches me the technique anyway). Then I took Krav Maga for a few months, which is a self-defense system developed by and for the Israeli military, interestingly enough, though the civilian system has the killing techniques omitted. The striking we did was taken from boxing and Muay Thai, but the most important techniques are the various disarms against edged weapons, blunt weapons and firearms, and escapes from different holds. Every "self-defense expert" and their dog always says how this and that disarming technique would never work "in the street," which is right before they start telling you about their 'revolutionary' street fighting system which allows you to disarm and kill a 10 man armed gang with your dick.

I stopped Krav Maga because the instructor in charge of our group had to quit, and I wasn't assed waiting for a replacement, which was apparently going to have been awhile down the track, anyway. The best thing about KM was probably the disarms and escapes. I'm continuing with boxing and I chose Judo to replace Krav Maga because it's realistic and effective. The reason why it's realistic and effective is because you actually use all the techniques with full force against resisting opponents who are doing the same to you. That's a lot better than doing kata.

I'll probably be cutting back on my Judo / cardio boxing regime even more than I already have once I get into a full time job by the end of the year.
    think you're a big man huh ric

think that makes you something

think you're better than me?

also what is the most DEADLY martial art

i think jujitsu is a cool name but i dont know anything about it, so im going with that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast