Thread: Let's set some things straight - THE RULES

Hybrid View

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Exclamation Let's set some things straight - THE RULES

In terms of forums, we're not really a very strict forum, and we advise you to have some flexibility. We don't believe too many rules are necessary. However, Team Workshop last time around was nutraped, and I wanna make sure that doesn't happen again. I'm not gonna add gay Serebii restrictions like, "4 Emoticons per post" (does it really fucking matter) but I'm gonna restrict the things that I feel are really necessary to restrict. This isn't many things, but this is the Revelation of your Bible. Remember that.

1 - Only experienced people can rate teams
    Last time people were saying, "oh hhey you should replace dragon claw with waterfall and then it will be an elite pokemonz!". Not gonna happen again. This time around, I'm not going to update a list, but I am going to ask you to PM me first asking if you can be allowed to rate teams. I'll then have a quick look through your posts, if they're worthy, and then I'll give the big tick. If you don't do this and you randomly start rating teams with nub advice then I do have the power to kick you from this board, believe it or not. You can also ask Fullmetal, but NOONE else.

2 - Format
    I'm not going to go overboard and say that you should follow some really specific guidelines, I am just saying that there is a huge difference between this foo and this foo:

DRAGONITE:MOVES:BLASTBURNSONICWAVE

Yes I did go a bit sarcastic on the presentation, but we seriously did get bollucks like this last time around. This is impossible to rate, if it's like this then I'll be locking your topic and telling you to correct the format. If you keep doing it then I'll be adding warnings, but it's not a huge offence.

What I mean by ideal format is this:

Salamence @ Choice Band
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Aerial Ace

There was alot of confusion about this last time, however, so you DON'T HAVE to use this format. Just make it so it's readable and easily fixed in quotes. That way we may consider actually rating it.

3 - Complaining afterhand
    Now last time I've seen shit like, "I don't have the TM" or "Where is the tutor?". Really and seriously, use a reference place if you wanna find this out, or ask us beforehand or tell us you don't have the said TMs. It's annoying as Kayfabe; we're rating teams, not checking sites which have no relevance to what you're actually doing

Edit: We by the way have nothing to offer that http://www.smogon.com, a community of mathematical folk interested in Pokémon battling to an obsessive extent, don't. I can always answer your questions but I never claimed to be amazing, just able to answer your questions.
    Last edited by Morty; 04-11-2010 at 08:51 PM.