Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Default CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Conspiracy theories are cool. What are your favorites!? Of course there is the obvious - UFOs, International Banking Cartels, and Zionism, but lately I've been reading about smaller, less popular conspiracies theories which are cool. Like The Philadelphia Experiment: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_experiment

Discuss your favorite conspiracy theories!!!

Anyone heard of the Umbrella Man?
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar

Dude, I am so reading about optic camoflage, I just found a like through that article that has a primitive version of it.

That's so gay, it barely works.

Something I also found while reading about this, Apparently the story to Assassin's Creed is pretty good, They make reference to the Philidelphia Experiment.

The Real Oni Raichu

Quote Originally Posted by Pink-kitty2 View Post
    Anyone heard of the Umbrella Man?
    Oh my fucking god. I respect you for knowing what seemingly none of my friends know.

Registered Users Regular Bluebabe kitten's Avatar

Mines is UFO's,especlly the UFO incident in Roswell in the 1950's.There are some others,but I can't remember any of them.
    Pairs:
    Eve
    Fallen Wings
    Atomika

http://digi-geek.tumblr.com/

Welcome to Eternal Hell. How may me help you? Espeon's Fury's Avatar

I'll take "George W. Bush is an Arab who had cosmetic surgery and is slowing wasting away the US's supplies and troops so that all those Arabs he's "fighting" can swoop in and steal Iraq and then nuke the US" for 500, Alex.
    Pairs: The LacemakerThe NiginatorTeresaHickyNinetails009KS Jr.YojimboGokuQoorl

E.N.T.E.I.
    Hatches @ 2520
    Completed @ 2768

Other Consparacies:
    Mothman
    Owlman
    Spring Heeled Jack
    The Mad Gasser Of Mattoon
    Drop bear
    Bunyip
    Mimi
    Yara-ma-yha-who
    Yowie
    Wibbly Woo
    Questing Beast
    Bugbear
    Ox-Head and Horse-Face
    Harpy
    Duppy
    Pairs:
    Eve
    Fallen Wings
    Atomika

The Bermuda Triangle.

Oh,that one too.I'll try to insert a image of one of them monsters.
    Pairs:
    Eve
    Fallen Wings
    Atomika

The "People in this thread are losers" conspiricy is a very plausible one.

The Real Oni Raichu

Mothman was a good movie that was BASED ON A TRUE STORY

Quote Originally Posted by Mario The Black Knight View Post
    The "People in this thread are losers" conspiricy is a very plausible one.
    That is verified fact.

And people I do not want to hear about shitty conspiracy theories no one cares about. Don't just say "Bermuda Triangle" or "Bigfoot" or something. At least talk about how there is actually fairly compelling evidence for the existence of Bigfoot because there is and it's rather interesting.

New World Order conspiracy theories actually get interesting once they stop being over dramaticised like some Zionist or Satanist movement is behind it all. Stuff like AIDS being created to cripple to economic and social growth of Africa so Diamond companies can keep exploiting their resources for profit with little opposition is actually interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    New World Order conspiracy theories actually get interesting once they stop being over dramaticised like some Zionist or Satanist movement is behind it all. Stuff like AIDS being created to cripple to economic and social growth of Africa so Diamond companies can keep exploiting their resources for profit with little opposition is actually interesting.
    THE PATRIOTSSSSS!!

How the fuck would the create AIDS?

The Real Oni Raichu

10 characteristics of conspiracy theorists
    A useful guide by Donna Ferentes

1. Arrogance. They are always fact-seekers, questioners, people who are trying to discover the truth: sceptics are always "sheep", patsies for Messrs Bush and Blair etc.

2. Relentlessness. They will always go on and on about a conspiracy no matter how little evidence they have to go on or how much of what they have is simply discredited. (Moreover, as per 1. above, even if you listen to them ninety-eight times, the ninety-ninth time, when you say "no thanks", you'll be called a "sheep" again.) Additionally, they have no capacity for precis whatsoever. They go on and on at enormous length.

3. Inability to answer questions. For people who loudly advertise their determination to the principle of questioning everything, they're pretty poor at answering direct questions from sceptics about the claims that they make.

4. Fondness for certain stock phrases. These include Cicero's "cui bono?" (of which it can be said that Cicero understood the importance of having evidence to back it up) and Conan Doyle's "once we have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth". What these phrases have in common is that they are attempts to absolve themselves from any responsibility to produce positive, hard evidence themselves: you simply "eliminate the impossible" (i.e. say the official account can't stand scrutiny) which means that the wild allegation of your choice, based on "cui bono?" (which is always the government) is therefore the truth.

5. Inability to employ or understand Occam's Razor. Aided by the principle in 4. above, conspiracy theorists never notice that the small inconsistencies in the accounts which they reject are dwarfed by the enormous, gaping holes in logic, likelihood and evidence in any alternative account.

6. Inability to tell good evidence from bad. Conspiracy theorists have no place for peer-review, for scientific knowledge, for the respectability of sources. The fact that a claim has been made by anybody, anywhere, is enough for them to reproduce it and demand that the questions it raises be answered, as if intellectual enquiry were a matter of responding to every rumour. While they do this, of course, they will claim to have "open minds" and abuse the sceptics for apparently lacking same.

7. Inability to withdraw. It's a rare day indeed when a conspiracy theorist admits that a claim they have made has turned out to be without foundation, whether it be the overall claim itself or any of the evidence produced to support it. Moreover they have a liking (see 3. above) for the technique of avoiding discussion of their claims by "swamping" - piling on a whole lot more material rather than respond to the objections sceptics make to the previous lot.

8. Leaping to conclusions. Conspiracy theorists are very keen indeed to declare the "official" account totally discredited without having remotely enough cause so to do. Of course this enables them to wheel on the Conan Doyle quote as in 4. above. Small inconsistencies in the account of an event, small unanswered questions, small problems in timing of differences in procedure from previous events of the same kind are all more than adequate to declare the "official" account clearly and definitively discredited. It goes without saying that it is not necessary to prove that these inconsistencies are either relevant, or that they even definitely exist.

9. Using previous conspiracies as evidence to support their claims. This argument invokes scandals like the Birmingham Six, the Bologna station bombings, the Zinoviev letter and so on in order to try and demonstrate that their conspiracy theory should be accorded some weight (because it's “happened before”.) They do not pause to reflect that the conspiracies they are touting are almost always far more unlikely and complicated than the real-life conspiracies with which they make comparison, or that the fact that something might potentially happen does not, in and of itself, make it anything other than extremely unlikely.

10. It's always a conspiracy. And it is, isn't it? No sooner has the body been discovered, the bomb gone off, than the same people are producing the same old stuff, demanding that there are questions which need to be answered, at the same unbearable length. Because the most important thing about these people is that they are people entirely lacking in discrimination. They cannot tell a good theory from a bad one, they cannot tell good evidence from bad evidence and they cannot tell a good source from a bad one. And for that reason, they always come up with the same answer when they ask the same question.

A person who always says the same thing, and says it over and over again is, of course, commonly considered to be, if not a monomaniac, then at very least, a bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario The Black Knight View Post
    THE PATRIOTSSSSS!!

How the fuck would the create AIDS?
    Genetic manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    10 characteristics of conspiracy theorists
    A useful guide by Donna Ferentes

1. Arrogance. They are always fact-seekers, questioners, people who are trying to discover the truth: sceptics are always "sheep", patsies for Messrs Bush and Blair etc.

2. Relentlessness. They will always go on and on about a conspiracy no matter how little evidence they have to go on or how much of what they have is simply discredited. (Moreover, as per 1. above, even if you listen to them ninety-eight times, the ninety-ninth time, when you say "no thanks", you'll be called a "sheep" again.) Additionally, they have no capacity for precis whatsoever. They go on and on at enormous length.

3. Inability to answer questions. For people who loudly advertise their determination to the principle of questioning everything, they're pretty poor at answering direct questions from sceptics about the claims that they make.

4. Fondness for certain stock phrases. These include Cicero's "cui bono?" (of which it can be said that Cicero understood the importance of having evidence to back it up) and Conan Doyle's "once we have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth". What these phrases have in common is that they are attempts to absolve themselves from any responsibility to produce positive, hard evidence themselves: you simply "eliminate the impossible" (i.e. say the official account can't stand scrutiny) which means that the wild allegation of your choice, based on "cui bono?" (which is always the government) is therefore the truth.

5. Inability to employ or understand Occam's Razor. Aided by the principle in 4. above, conspiracy theorists never notice that the small inconsistencies in the accounts which they reject are dwarfed by the enormous, gaping holes in logic, likelihood and evidence in any alternative account.

6. Inability to tell good evidence from bad. Conspiracy theorists have no place for peer-review, for scientific knowledge, for the respectability of sources. The fact that a claim has been made by anybody, anywhere, is enough for them to reproduce it and demand that the questions it raises be answered, as if intellectual enquiry were a matter of responding to every rumour. While they do this, of course, they will claim to have "open minds" and abuse the sceptics for apparently lacking same.

7. Inability to withdraw. It's a rare day indeed when a conspiracy theorist admits that a claim they have made has turned out to be without foundation, whether it be the overall claim itself or any of the evidence produced to support it. Moreover they have a liking (see 3. above) for the technique of avoiding discussion of their claims by "swamping" - piling on a whole lot more material rather than respond to the objections sceptics make to the previous lot.

8. Leaping to conclusions. Conspiracy theorists are very keen indeed to declare the "official" account totally discredited without having remotely enough cause so to do. Of course this enables them to wheel on the Conan Doyle quote as in 4. above. Small inconsistencies in the account of an event, small unanswered questions, small problems in timing of differences in procedure from previous events of the same kind are all more than adequate to declare the "official" account clearly and definitively discredited. It goes without saying that it is not necessary to prove that these inconsistencies are either relevant, or that they even definitely exist.

9. Using previous conspiracies as evidence to support their claims. This argument invokes scandals like the Birmingham Six, the Bologna station bombings, the Zinoviev letter and so on in order to try and demonstrate that their conspiracy theory should be accorded some weight (because it's “happened before”.) They do not pause to reflect that the conspiracies they are touting are almost always far more unlikely and complicated than the real-life conspiracies with which they make comparison, or that the fact that something might potentially happen does not, in and of itself, make it anything other than extremely unlikely.

10. It's always a conspiracy. And it is, isn't it? No sooner has the body been discovered, the bomb gone off, than the same people are producing the same old stuff, demanding that there are questions which need to be answered, at the same unbearable length. Because the most important thing about these people is that they are people entirely lacking in discrimination. They cannot tell a good theory from a bad one, they cannot tell good evidence from bad evidence and they cannot tell a good source from a bad one. And for that reason, they always come up with the same answer when they ask the same question.

A person who always says the same thing, and says it over and over again is, of course, commonly considered to be, if not a monomaniac, then at very least, a bore.
    10 characteristics of a faggot
    A useful guide by Mario the Black Knight

1. Having sex with men

2. Relentlessness

3. Inability to stop being a faggot

4. Fondness for certain things that suck, and gay sex

5. Inability to employ anything humorous or even slightly interesting into anything they do.

6. Inability to tell good from bad

7. Inability to withdraw

8. Leaping at the chance to have sex with a man

9. Having stupid arguements about annoying stupid shit

10. Annoying to me and most other non-faggots

Go get eaten by a big dog you Spamlot faggot.

And people I do not want to hear about shitty conspiracy theories no one cares about. Don't just say "Bermuda Triangle" or "Bigfoot" or something. At least talk about how there is actually fairly compelling evidence for the existence of Bigfoot because there is and it's rather interesting.
    I was waiting for someone to say something about it so we could start a discussion

Whatever. Anyways, I always found it really strange that ships and airplanes kept disappearing when they get to the Bermuda Triangle. Personally, I think that there's something in the water that pulls them down. Maybe a monster, or some type of super force. It's really appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    I was waiting for someone to say something about it so we could start a discussion

Whatever. Anyways, I always found it really strange that ships and airplanes kept disappearing when they get to the Bermuda Triangle. Personally, I think that there's something in the water that pulls them down. Maybe a monster, or some type of super force. It's really appalling.
    USOs are actually pretty interesting. We really know like nothing about the ocean's floor.

Hollow Earth Theories. Kind of dead, yeah, but still. They ain't extraterrestrials piloting those UFOs but Intraterrestrials!

I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

Okay God so I don't make your thread just about names of conspiracies I'll explain about them instead when I find out find further information about this stuff.
    Pairs:
    Eve
    Fallen Wings
    Atomika

Discuss your favorite conspiracy theories!!!
    9/11! : D It's rarely talked about and everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post

Remnants of alien technology at the bottom of the ocean randomly emit an energy pulse that destroys anything within the Triangle.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

KING OF THE UNIVERSE Goku_king_anime's Avatar

Have you heard of The New World Order

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast