Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happened to the original characters?

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

The English Pokemon version can't help it that they have new voices. Pokemon was bought into another company and the original voice actors wouldn't change their jobs just for Pokemon.

They actually did a good job at finding voices similar to the old ones. I don't mind the voices.

And a note: Pikachu sounds the same because they've always used the Japanese voice actor for Pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lacemaker View Post
    I actually thought it was really offensive to viewers in Battle Frontier... They replaced Ash's voice, James' [HORRIBLE SHAME. I CRIED.] and Jesse's, and it sounds like they got rid of Meowth's original too.

But also these new characters are so generic. What's so interesting about May and Max? Misty at least had some personality in her.
    i despise Misty, but not as much as i do tracey. He's freaking annoying. the new voices do suck, which is why i don't watch the show much anymore

Oreos and cookie crunch! Hikari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke View Post
    Meowth and James were the best!
    I like meoth's new voice better it sounds more New York-ish

Beginning Trainer may&mistylover's Avatar

ummm all the original voice actors didnt quit. they got fired when 4kids Entertainment didn't renew their contract with pokemon. now, pokemon is being managed by another company. just so you know i researched it on bulbapedia or wikipedia. i dont remember which.
    Pairs:Kingdra, Hikari :D

Visit My fanfic with The Mirror Islands

Beginning Trainer

Default This is how my brother feels about these new characters...

My older bro feels the same way. He doesn't like Pokemon anymore, but once he was like, "Where do they get all of their ideas from?" He's 17 now, and he stopped watching the show when he was like 12 or something. He won't admit it, but I think he misses the Pokemon episodes he grew up with. But I love the new characters! No offense to Misty-lovers, but I just think she's an annoying character. I like Dawn much better. Sorry if I'm talking to much.

I used to like it, when Misty was around, after that, i just stop seeing it... It's been 4 years i think since i stop watching pokemon...

I played Red & Blue before actually watching the series... so i still play those games... because they are good games...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12