Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Who are you crushing on or dating?

man ks has been breaking some hearts lately

Quote Originally Posted by sasuke72uchiha View Post
    Not to mention, we're both pretty hefty, but not as much me. I'm about ten pounds overweight, but I'm pretty tall too so it evens out.
    I'm 6'2, 200 pounds or so.

How long do I think you've been training Mudkip? Well, let's see. You can't start a martial art before your inner ear balances out. So let's say you can start at.. 5, maybe 6. And to be honest I doubt you've been doing it since you were that old. On top of that, you have to be at least 16 to take your 2nd Degree test, due to some strange ass rule about adulthood- I can't recall specifics. In my eyes, I doubt you've done anything. But if I were to believe your story, maybe 2 years. Maybe.

I've taken 5 forms in my lifetime- Taekwondo, which I dropped within a year and a half; Judo, which I still lightly practice; Kendo, which I just recently stopped visiting a Dojo for; T'ai Chi that I still do, and Muay Thai which I did for about 4 months about a year ago. Those kids were fucking crazy, I just couldn't keep up with them.

Kendo is what I progressed the most in, achieving just under Assistant Master's position by the time I was 17. I didn't move up anymore before I left.

I've been doing martial arts for abou 11 years now, but because I changed school so often and only stuck with Kendo for about 4 or 5 years, I have no masterful knowledge of much else. I can do Judo tosses, grips, grabs and rolls; Taekwondo breakers and bends; Muay Thai's.. well, not much- I can get some forms of attack at some points and at others I can't do it; T'ai Chi I had done fairly well in- learning most basic and semi-advanced stances within 8 or so months, and got snaps and reaction-based hits pretty well.

I learned most of my kicks and forms from Kendo though, which focused a lot on Hand-to-Hand as well as swordplay; seeing as how if you're disarmed in combat you have to fend off maneuvers.

Anyways; I've been around the block. I'm 19, in college, and done a lot of shit. I can just smell lies like that one =P

-KS

Error does not become Truth because it is widely accepted;
    Truth does not become error, even when it stands alone.

Paired with: Mex - Eve

the world is spinnin but im not afraid Cool Latios's Avatar

ooh.

Mudkip don't get mad but I don't like your 'philosophy'. You have my brother's caracter; stubborn, always arguing, thinks with his fists... I don't like this kind of people, they annoy the hell out of me =(

mudkip_power

Well your about right. 3 years. I did fight and beat a powerful fighter. I did rely more on holding out. For some reason, as long as I can still stand and fight. I won't let anyone get away with beating me if I can still carry on. I bet you've been in a simular situation. I've been honest with you so be honest with me.

I'm 6'2, 200 pounds or so.
    6'3" 215

i could kick your ass

mudkip_power

I respect that you would tell me that. But I've gotten help with that. That's why you don't see me fight as much as I used to.

He's probably talking to me =P

Who knows- maybe you could.

As for have I been in a movie situation where I was getting the shit beat out of me, I kept getting up and finally won? Once. Only I didn't win. I got my ass whooped.

I've lost just as many as I've won- I'm a great fighter, but there are better out there- stronger and larger people. I don't lose often, but when I do, it's pretty thorough.

-KS

All that matters to me is being one of the best fighters in the school with no doubt, and being able to get out of a vital situation.

I'm a good fighter. It doesn't matter if I was the best in my school or not- it's not like I was going to fight the entire damned school. What mattered to me was being better than the guy I fought.

Sadly, sometimes that wasn't the case =P This one dude snap kicked me in the throat, nose, forehead, and down to the knee, then groin, then stomach. All I got off was a snap-kick and roundhouse that missed before he tore into me.

-KS

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mudkip_power View Post
    Well your about right. 3 years. I did fight and beat a powerful fighter. I did rely more on holding out. For some reason, as long as I can still stand and fight. I won't let anyone get away with beating me if I can still carry on. I bet you've been in a simular situation. I've been honest with you so be honest with me.
    As a wise man once said, "You have wona battle, but you have not won the war."

Don't get cocky just because you won one fight. You seem like an ok person, but your stubbornness makes you jump to conclusions. One courageous win does not mean there's no room for improvement.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789