Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christianity, a disease?

Default Christianity, a disease?

Recently I thought to myself... "Is Christianity a disease?" After thinking about all the things Christians (Or just any religion in general.) have been responsible for isn't it just to call them a disease? The sheer lose of life from them killing people alone is staggering! What about the technological hindrance they are? Not to mention it's a sort of concern when nuclear-weapon wielding nations think that there will be a glorious end at some point soon. Not to mention the psychological damage done to people who believe it.

Self-hating mysology?

Because of this, I'd call it a disease. I prefer to think of the people I know with Christianity as sick and in need of the cure of reason. They're not intentionally poisonous. They just spread what they already have.

Holy fuck shut up. Do you realize that it is utter morons like you that cause the intense dislike of atheists that I have to deal with on a daily basis?

I would like to tackle everything that makes that post stupid, but it would be too staggering a feat for me at this time.

This thread made me die a little inside
    -.---.----..

Really shouldn't the significance of just Monasteries in the middle ages discredit a great deal of that post, especially in regards to the supposed "technological hindrance" Christianity is?

Registered Users Regular Bluebabe kitten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DemoniusX View Post
    Recently I thought to myself... "Is Christianity a disease?" After thinking about all the things Christians (Or just any religion in general.) have been responsible for isn't it just to call them a disease? The sheer lose of life from them killing people alone is staggering! What about the technological hindrance they are? Not to mention it's a sort of concern when nuclear-weapon wielding nations think that there will be a glorious end at some point soon. Not to mention the psychological damage done to people who believe it.

Self-hating mysology?

Because of this, I'd call it a disease. I prefer to think of the people I know with Christianity as sick and in need of the cure of reason. They're not intentionally poisonous. They just spread what they already have.
    It's not a disease, it's a religion.I guess maybe you just don't understand.
    Pairs:
    Eve
    Fallen Wings
    Atomika

http://digi-geek.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebabe kitten View Post
    That post may have been below even the original.

i wouldnt go that far

You tell him Bluebabe kitten!
    -.---.----..

Bluebabe kitten has just merked DemoniousX. I'll be suprised if we see him back here any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    That post may have been below even the original.
    What do you mean?It's your opinion though,so I don't feel mad or anything at you.
    Pairs:
    Eve
    Fallen Wings
    Atomika

DemoniusX,you think about this.I mean,how in the world is christianity a disease?What's all this nonsense about ''all the things they have been responsible for?''You actually think this is a clear message?Also,about the what they spread around.I know this stuff since I am a christan/baptist, so don't make any comeback.Not only that, but I know this because of my knowledge of reading this thread.No offense, but how are the people you know christan sick?They don't need to be cured, got it?It's a religion,get over it.
    Pairs:
    Eve
    Fallen Wings
    Atomika

Wow. Rantathon. If that was a word...
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Well here's something about Christianity being a "disease".

A disease is something you cannot run away from. Once you have it, the only possible way of getting rid of it is with lots of medication or whatever. If Christianity were to be a disease, then why the hell would people be able to choose if they want to practice or not? Even if they are Christian, doesn't mean they are extremely religious, you dope.

So you are technically defeated in all possible aspects, since what you said made no sense at all. Therefore, CASE CLOSED.

I can see Demonius's point, which is more about the harm that religion, and Christianity, does. The problem is the way he went about stating it.

Religion is a force that drives people crazy. Religion motivates people to kill their brethren, to destroy cities and tear apart families. But religion gives hope, too. Hope for a new day. Hope for a life better than the one that is currently ours.

It's these issues that drive me away from most religions. But, in this "disease" analogy, I'd say that religion, and Christianity, are more something like Porphyric Hemophilia. It's a pain in the gluteus, but you get some pretty sweet perks while they last.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Why do people (i.e Stardust and Bluebabe Kitten) take the meaning of his post as literal? I mean, it was still really stupid in the first place, but it only gets worse when people think he means like a literal disease eating away at you that you can't control.

No, it only gets worse once you come along.

I took it literally because it seems to me that it's actually what he means.

Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    No, it only gets worse once you come along.

I took it literally because it seems to me that it's actually what he means.
    harharhar Stardust.

It's clear he means it is more of a blight to society than a physical disease. Any kindergarten student could see that.

The topic creator and nearly every post in here is so retarded that I can't think of a proper metaphor. That said:

http://www.bidstrup.com/virus.htm

game. set. match.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

A different kind of cowboy ...

DemoniusX,you think about this.I mean,how in the world is christianity a disease?What's all this nonsense about ''all the things they have been responsible for?''You actually think this is a clear message?Also,about the what they spread around.I know this stuff since I am a christan/baptist, so don't make any comeback.Not only that, but I know this because of my knowledge of reading this thread.No offense, but how are the people you know christan sick?They don't need to be cured, got it?It's a religion,get over it.
    This bluebabe kitten's got claws.

zing!

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    Any kindergarten student could see that.
    Like you! It makes so much sense now. It takes a kindergartner, or someone with relative intelligence, to see it the way you do... Thanks for the help!
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Quote Originally Posted by The Lacemaker View Post
    zing!
    ~~
    -.---.----..

Quote Originally Posted by Pink-kitty2 View Post
    Like you! It makes so much sense now. It takes a kindergartner, or someone with relative intelligence, to see it the way you do... Thanks for the help!
    be quiet The Niginator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast