Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: global warming is bullshit

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Hicky, one of the biggest arguments about global warming is that it's probably just natural. Every few thousand years the climate does go up. Sure we're some 5 degrees higher globally then 100 years ago, but we're still some 14 degrees lower then 400 years ago.

I personally think it's nature.
    -.---.----..

i think climate changes naturally and if you look at that a graph there is alot of anomalies and its going down anyway. i say we stop the emissions just in case, but people can deny the existance of it in peace

man made global warming is arguable. man exasperated global warming is not.

I agree than manmade global warming isn't real. Scientists came up with it in the 70s to do battle with the then more popular "global cooling" scenario and found it had more profit potential, so people started latching on to it.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

man probably influenced it but i dont think man has the power to do that shit, and i never will. if the temperature consistently rises in the next 50 or so years ill believe it. but until that day

Quote Originally Posted by RedCheetah View Post
    I agree than manmade global warming isn't real. Scientists came up with it in the 70s to do battle with the then more popular "global cooling" scenario and found it had more profit potential, so people started latching on to it.
    man-enhanced global warming, is, like, definitely real though. no one here is actually arguing that pumping millions of tons of co2 into the atmosphere isn't really all that bad, right? and yes, global warming has definitely been capitalized on for very good business.

I'd like to see a side by side comparison of how much greenhouse gas is pumped into the atmosphere my America in say a year and how much a volcanic eruption releases.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

Registered Users Regular

There is nothing we can do about it. With human survival comes Global Warming.

I'd like to see a side by side comparison of how much greenhouse gas is pumped into the atmosphere my America in say a year and how much a volcanic eruption releases.
    an article in relation to that: http://environment.newscientist.com/...change/dn11638

They mentioned they took cores that go back a few centuries, what about thousands of years? This might still be a natural swing as we did have a mini ice age only a few hundred years ago.

A few hundred years ago as in before we started burning millions of tons of oil, gas and coal.

Just to clear it up few people hate the GLOBAL WARMING WILL END THE WORLD crowd as much as me, but I don't see how you can say humanity has no, or a negligible, effect.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

I remember one year we had green clouds for a month or so. There was a sudden dramatic increase in bus, carpooling, bicycling, etc. Yay.

Global warming is an odd issue. Two years ago, it snowed in the desert. Everyone that believed in global warming went berserk.

Registered Users Regular

That must have been fun.

"It snowed in the desert, professor, what's your theory?"
    "It's obviously too hot in the north and south where greenhouse gasses have accumulated! The snow is migrating!"

like i said, i believe it when i see it.

"It snowed in the desert, professor, what's your theory?"
    "It's obviously too hot in the north and south where greenhouse gasses have accumulated! The snow is migrating!"
    I can't back this up with a citation, but I did hear somewhere that the (can't remember the scientific word for it) wind paths would change, making some areas actually cooler. But, as aforementioned, I'm not sure about the validity of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    like i said, i believe it when i see it.
    hicky i love you but that is a dumb outlook, regardless of whether or not its real

Quote Originally Posted by kg View Post
    I can't back this up with a citation, but I did hear somewhere that the (can't remember the scientific word for it) wind paths would change, making some areas actually cooler. But, as aforementioned, I'm not sure about the validity of that.
    it is true

Quote Originally Posted by kg View Post
    hicky i love you but that is a dumb outlook, regardless of whether or not its real
    Actually, all we've seen so far is some sudden increase which appears to be going down anyway. If there is some kind of variation, which I expect, then I'll look back and think I was right. If it just straight up increases for the next 5-10 years, then I'll believe global warming. That is good logic IMO!!!

to have a "believe it when i see it" outlook on something on a global scale is ridiculous because by the time you see it, its probably too late to fix it, or it would be much harder to fix. foresight is important!

i welcome global warming, better weather in little old england i say!!
    Life... INSANITY IS KEY!!

Al time hero of PUK(not really) Koto the Konvict's Avatar

I personaly think it's crap, my old techer rambles on about it, saying this and that, i could fall asleep, and almost did, but i fell asleep during easter assembly, heehee

great story

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast