Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: global warming is bullshit

the logical conclusion of available water resources falling drastically?

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

But where are you getting numbers like 2 billion people in Africa dying?

an appropriately large probable figure

aka i made it up but its probably pretty close

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it.Ē Lord's Avatar

I have Al Gore on the line
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

Not really, the entire population of Africa is only 1 billion or so. I suppose a famine in China or India is a possibility, but wouldn't global warming unlock a lot of farm land in the north?

man we fucked up on that one

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    Not really, the entire population of Africa is only 1 billion or so. I suppose a famine in China or India is a possibility, but wouldn't global warming unlock a lot of farm land in the north?
    probably a bunch of people in india and chinese, a BUNCH of people in africa, a lot of people in indonesia, a lot of people in the middle east, probably a good chunk of people in the poorer agricultural areas of south america.

Registered Users Regular ElijahWyatt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I don't think you realize what an ice age is my friend. Massive glaciers will amount as far South as Ohio, Glaciers a 3 times the height of the empire state building once parked themselves on New York city. Sure, lets move south, you may say, but guess what, THERE IS NOT WATER, that's right all your water is now inside the Glaciers, fuck the the oceans are drained to the point where hundreds on miles of continental shelf are now walkable land. Its a little known fact that why humans started to move across the world one million years ago, was because the area in which humans evolved turned into a desert. The same thing is going to happen if an ice age happens, we will be forced to leave out cities and follow the deer onto the continental shelfs. We won't have time to make underground or underwater cities because from what we can tell, an ice age takes full effect is less than 100 years, and we will be out of resources, and in that 100 years its going to get progressively worse. Its not like you can even farm continental shelf, so we will even have to forgo agriculture. The human race will chug on like it has for the past 4 million years, but not the human race we know and love.

An ice age will happen, and the more we heat up the planet, the faster it ironically will take place.
    Like sully said technology will adapt, what you don't seem to grasp is this happens over millions of years. The ice age isn't tommorow, it isn't within 10 generations from now, its thousands of generations away. Probably what will happen is we will start putting sunshields up that absorb energy keeping our planet cooler during the summer and having extra stores of energy for colder times. Or we will find a way to repair the shield that keeps ice ages from happening.

The way technology has grown in the last hundred years should show you that we will be fine in a thousand. Given that we don't blow each other up first.

Edit:Also agriculture should be improved in the future, and by the time these things hit we should already be to a system that controls birthrates so that people don't starve.
    "As for me, all i know is that i know nothing"

I think this thread needs to stop. Elijahwyatt just called me Sully.

Registered Users Regular ElijahWyatt's Avatar

Lol that what you get for having a BLUE avatar and being 1 letter away from one of the most heatwarming characters in all of disney edit: Pixar not disney*.
    "As for me, all i know is that i know nothing"

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

why was i so stupid

I believe in global warming now, 4 years ago I was an idiotic edgy teen

Global warming is to mainstream man.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    great story
    haha

Quote Originally Posted by Koto the Konvict View Post
    I personaly think it's crap, my old techer rambles on about it, saying this and that, i could fall asleep, and almost did, but i fell asleep during easter assembly, heehee
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    great story
    ha ha ha

this is why we need more newbs around

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    why was i so stupid
    This is an appropriate response to anyone's younger self.

Registered Users Regular TeenageAngst's Avatar
    Mount Cynicism, at the corner of Nobamaland and Itoldyousovia.

Fuck y'all.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire
    Iíll bring you to your knees
    Ebb and flow with my desire
    Cause its all that youíve been taught to be

yeah i remember someone i was arguing with brought up the "scientists said the world was freezing" thing and i actually looked into it and it wasn't true, there was no scientific consensus on the fact, it was just some fringe idea that newsweek or someone published and it became popularly sensationalized. so im not listening to the rest of that video.

Ok, because he does illustrate the the world has been hotter entirely naturally throughout a regular cycle of warming and cooling.

And historically high CO2 has been a byproduct of global warming, not the cause.

Also in recent years it's been getting cooler.

And even IF global warming was happening... so what? The Earth has been much warmer all over, that's how the dinosaurs were able to exist, that's how we had foot-long insects in eons past. Life thrived under such conditions. You know how much farmland would be available if the Earth was warmer? Canada, Alaska, and Russia would be able to utilize their tundras. It wouldn't be a doomsday scenario at all.

So from every angle I just don't see the big deal.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire

Life thrived under such conditions.
    so what. complex human civilizations without widespread famine and drought didnt thrive under such conditions.

Human civilizations didn't exist back then. Also, prove there would be widespread famine. Like I said, northern tundras would become farmable.

Here I am with my empire

so the produce from these awesome new northern tundras would automatically be distributed to help saving starving peasants whose farmland no longer exists and whose water sources have dried up?

will these tundras be fecund right away? what is the estimated time between lower land becoming unproductive and newly unfrozen northern land being able to pick up the slack?

get out of here with your fecund shit. whats wrong with fertile.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast