Thread: The Thud Experiment

Default The Thud Experiment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqaptRYjhq4

Interesting proof to add to my belief that American psychiatry is mostly fake and used to make money. These people prey upon the fears of people and make them think it's their fault because they're freaks, they have a disorder, they're not sane. "But don't worry, these drugs will make it better" =>_>= no all they do is pacify you and tinker up in the attic. I took the damn things for a year and a half at least and I've never been the same.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

Yeah. Those pills are the answer to everything.

Don't like your job? Take some pills.
    Don't like your life? Take some pills.
    Don't like <insert>? Take some pills.

They are mood altering drugs... What's the difference in taking those and smoking a lil pot?

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

They are mood altering drugs
    mood correcting drugs

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

Pot is scientifically proven to harm you. So are the tablets, but you don't hear about it so much.

Well, I say altering because... In March 2003 my dad died suddenly (shockingly) and around that time I became very ill. Had heart palpitations, trouble breathing, upset stomach, pain in the female parts, was just all over sick. Had been feeling ill since January or so. I had an attack where I couldn't breath at my dad's wake. They said it was anxiety over his death. They gave me a heavy dose of psychotropic meds and sent me home with a prescription. I do not remember the following 3-5 days.

As soon as the drugs wore off I went back to the ER 3-4 times in as many days complaining of the same symptoms. They finally admitted me to the psych ward.

2 weeks or so later they found a 45lb nonmalignant cyst that had grown so large so quickly that it was pushing my rib cage outwards. It was crushing my lungs, causing fluid to form around my heart, I could no longer breath while laying down. I literally looked about 10 months pregnant. I would have probably been dead within a matter of days if they wouldn't have operated when they did.

BUT it was all in my head and curable with their drugs. Drugs are always the cure.

That's me laying on the operating table beside it:
    bob

Why does everyone think a subjective experience is enough to discredit an entire medical science? Also please do not confuse the fact that psychotropic drugs are over prescribed to the point of thinking psychotropic treatment is invalid("if you're depressed, you just need to snap out of it!")

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

We don't. We're just pointing out that nothing is perfect.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

I suppose anti-depressants make not work for some people but in general a medical science like psychiatrics is still valid and correct despite your experiences.

Actually some claim as little as 10% of the people it's prescribed to get a significant benefit from the drug. Interesting thing, most people on it don't have a chemical imbalance. There's no test for it, and those that do have had it all their lives as it's a birth defect. Chemical imbalances don't just develop due to stress or traumatic experiences that's like you getting an auto immune disorder because your dad died.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

Plus in some cases they make depression worse and lead to suicide.