Thread: Breeding on D/P

rolleyes Breeding on D/P

Ok, I ask a lot of questions these times, but I'm not very familiar to D/P versions.

I've played to the gold version were you can determine which type of pokémon you can breed with which other by the icon of the pokémon in the menu. But know, every pokémon as its own icon. And the only I found on this site to determine which pokémon you can breed with which other it's on the pokédex ( http://pokedream.com/pokerep/ ), which is not very useful since I would need to click on all the pokémon to see which of them I could breed with the one I want to breed.

So, is there a better way of getting this information? Is there a way in the game or on the net?

Also, I'm not sure, but I think I saw that what determine which pokémon will hatch from the egg is the female of the two pokémons you breed. Is that all right? (Which could explain why starters and fossile pokémons are more often male).

And finally, I saw that for Palkia and Dialga (for example), it's written "egg group : no eggs" but there's a number of steps to hatch. I'm a little confused. Is it possible to have an egg of these legendary pokémon?

Thanks!
    Shana

Pokemon games played : Blue/Gold/Pearl

I like Ike!Pkmn trainer!

Quote Originally Posted by Shanaweh View Post
    Ok, I ask a lot of questions these times, but I'm not very familiar to D/P versions.

I've played to the gold version were you can determine which type of pokémon you can breed with which other by the icon of the pokémon in the menu. But know, every pokémon as its own icon. And the only I found on this site to determine which pokémon you can breed with which other it's on the pokédex ( http://pokedream.com/pokerep/ ), which is not very useful since I would need to click on all the pokémon to see which of them I could breed with the one I want to breed.

So, is there a better way of getting this information? Is there a way in the game or on the net?

Also, I'm not sure, but I think I saw that what determine which pokémon will hatch from the egg is the female of the two pokémons you breed. Is that all right? (Which could explain why starters and fossile pokémons are more often male).

And finally, I saw that for Palkia and Dialga (for example), it's written "egg group : no eggs" but there's a number of steps to hatch. I'm a little confused. Is it possible to have an egg of these legendary pokémon?

Thanks!
    Shana
    ok, ya'know, www.serebii.net has many resources and tells you the gender percentages, but I'm not sure why it says how many steps it takes.
    Last edited by Dialgaisfun; 04-11-2008 at 05:26 PM. Reason: mess ups

Dear god Dialgaisfun

………………..,-~*’`Żlllllll`*~,
    …………..,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllllŻ`*-,
    ………,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,
    ……,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\
    ….;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\
    …..\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/………\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,
    …...\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*………..`~-~-,…(.(Ż`*,`,
    …….\llllllllllll,-~*…………………)_-\..*`*;..)
    ……..\,-*`Ż,*`)…………,-~*`~.………….../
    ……...|/.../…/~,…...-~*,-~*`;……………./.\
    ……../.../…/…/..,-,..*~,.`*~*…………….*...\
    …….|.../…/…/.*`...\...……………………)….)Ż`~,
    …….|./…/…./…….)……,.)`*~-,……….../….|..)…`~-,
    ……/./.../…,*`-,…..`-,…*`….,---…...\…./…../..|……...Ż```*~-
    …...(……….)`*~-,….`*`.,-~*.,-*……|…/.…/…/…………\
    …….*-,…….`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*……….|.,*...,*…|…...\
    ……….*,………`-,…)-,…………..,-*`...,-*….(`-,…
    -.---.----..

Ruler of time and space Blazing inferape's Avatar

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/index.php

try this, type the pokemon you want information on and click breeding info on the left.

ಠ_ಠ
    -.---.----..

Quote Originally Posted by Dialgaisfun View Post
    ok, ya'know, www.serebii.net has many resources and tells you the gender percentages, but I'm not sure why it says how many steps it takes.
    The point with the number of steps is that the pokédex on this site gives us this information, but it seems that legendary pokémons are not "breedable" - seeing the info on this site and on your site too - but there is still a number of steps indicated to hatch the egg. So, how could you hatch an egg from a pokémon that do not lay eggs? Or is it that there is, in fact, a way to bread legendary pokémons?

For the egg groups, thanks for the information. It's useful.

Oh, and other questions :

- Is it possible to hatch an egg from a male or a female pokémon + Ditto (that will give an egg of the male or female pokémon, not the ditto ^^)? I know that Ditto is kind of hard to capture on P/D and I would like to know that before trying to see and catch one.
    - Is there a site that list each pokémon that need each type of stone to evolve? Or each pokémon that need stone, simply? Not that it's very important though... Just if you already know somewhere. It doesn't worth searching for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanaweh View Post
    The point with the number of steps is that the pokédex on this site gives us this information, but it seems that legendary pokémons are not "breedable" - seeing the info on this site and on your site too - but there is still a number of steps indicated to hatch the egg. So, how could you hatch an egg from a pokémon that do not lay eggs? Or is it that there is, in fact, a way to bread legendary pokémons?

For the egg groups, thanks for the information. It's useful.

Oh, and other questions :

- Is it possible to hatch an egg from a male or a female pokémon + Ditto (that will give an egg of the male or female pokémon, not the ditto ^^)? I know that Ditto is kind of hard to capture on P/D and I would like to know that before trying to see and catch one.
    - Is there a site that list each pokémon that need each type of stone to evolve? Or each pokémon that need stone, simply? Not that it's very important though... Just if you already know somewhere. It doesn't worth searching for it.
    Again, Seribii can work, I suppose PD has some of them...
    It is possible to hatch an egg from either gender with a ditto. But it will never turn out Ditto, I believe. Unless it's a Ditto and a Ditto...

I didn't see it...

For the Ditto, it's what I thought cause it was this way in the gold version. That's for the confirmation.

Ok, there is supposed to be a "glitch" like thing were if an egg hatches in Celestic town, its gonna be 100% female all the time, why dont you try that someday?

Quote Originally Posted by Asher View Post
    Ok, there is supposed to be a "glitch" like thing were if an egg hatches in Celestic town, its gonna be 100% female all the time, why dont you try that someday?
    Ok, there is supposed to be a "glitch" like thing where if you stick your head in a blender at 2 AM, you'll live and have superpowers all the time, why dont you try that someday?

¬_¬ very very funny Pink Kitty

I didn't have an answer about if it is possible to breed the «no eggs» breed type pokémon, which include a lot of pokémon like the legendary ones (palkia, dialga, the 3 legendary dogs, the 3 legendary bird, lugia, Ho-oh, mew, mewtwo), but also a lot of baby pokémon (smoochum, pichu, togepi, azurill, chingling, cleffa, budew, etc) and others that i dont know (arceus, cresselia, giratina, groudon, kyogre, mesprit, regice, shaymin), and still other like nidorina and unown.

Should I understand that nobody knows? ^^

Oh jeez... - -;
    Okay, lets see if I can help ya out here. Its not possible in the slightest to ever breed any of the Legendary Pokemon (they have no genders, Hetran excluded, so its impossible to tell if its male or female), or <No Eggs> as you put it. If we could, then everyone could have Legendary Pokemon, and that wouldn't make them Legendary or rare anymore would it? The only Legendary that CAN breed is Manaphy, but it can only breed with a Ditto and you'd only get a Phione, which is a sort of like a baby Manaphy but it never evolves. Heatran, as I mentioned before, does have a gender, but because it is a Legendary, it is unable to breed.
    Now, as for Baby Pokemon. I assume that these specific Pokemon can't breed because...well, they're babies? It could be possible to clone them (thats what a Ditto does when bred; sort of clones the Pokemon its with an puts it at its earliest stage), but I've never tried it before. Its a possibility, so try it out and see if it works.
    Unown can't breed with other Pokemon, because once again, its genderless. You'll only be able to get an Unown egg if you breed it with a Ditto. You'll soon find out that Ditto is pretty much the answer to any Pokemon without a gender that you want to breed, EXCLUDING Legendaries. As for Nidorina/Nidoqueen...I never really understood why it couldn't breed...perhaps because the fact that its female conflicts with the eggs chances of being male or female. The baby will always look like its mother, yet Nidorans are completely different Pokemon when it comes down to male and female, so yeah...its very very very conflicting, and I'm deciding thats why they took Nidorina/Nidoqueen out of the breeding equation.

And so, I hope I have answered all of your questions.

Thanks, yes, you answer a lot of my questions.

Yet, there is another one, but probably much easier to answer.

I was wondering if the gender of a pokémon that you get with an egg is determine as soon as you get the egg or only when you actually hatch the egg.
    I ask that because I get the Riolu egg in the iron island and same just a few steps before the egg hatch and then reload about 10 times to try to get a female. But it doesn't work. So I'm wondering if it's only because I don't have luck (since Riolu is 87,5% male) or if it's useless and I will never get a female Riolu.

Thanks in advance ^_^.

Oh, yeah. And I understand perfectly why Legendaries are not breedable, but what confound me is the fact that it's written on the pokerep how many steps it takes to hatch a Palkia egg (for example). Just see here : http://pokedream.com/pokerep/pokemon/palkia ; it says that it takes 30 720 steps to hatch that egg. So how come they have this number if Palkia's egg do not exist? I don't expect any answers though ^_^.

halcyonXlll

The gender amongst other things is determined the moment you recieve the egg, so your Riolu is always going to hatch as a male now as you saved after recieving it.

As for the Legendary Pokémon egg steps details.. They know this information because it was extracted from the game :-)
    It's like how even genderless Pokémon have gender values(which would normally determine whether they are males or females), although it is impossible for them to be gendered the values still exist ^_^