Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Where does your heart lie?

I'm gonna try to speak to your level.

In any case regardless of picking at details and such I would like you (meaning everyone who reads this) to ask your self, ‘What if your wrong?’ ‘What if God exists and you die with out knowing him?’ You don’t have to answer me but try and answer your self these questions.
    If it's the christian god I'd be going to hell. Life is hard enough as it is however, the last thing I need is to make it even harder with pointless rules and worrying about a heaven or a hell. I'd much rather live the way I want and deal with the consequences than waste my life worrying about going to hell and missing wonderful opportunities.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

The point of life is the details. Without details, what's the point? Without the details every canvas would be blank, no game would exist. Money is a detail, god giving you money, that'd be a detail...

If that is how you can justify your faith... You don't ask questions... You really are just a sheeple. You follow and trust blindly and never concern yourself with the "details."

Try thinking a little deeper, examine your own soul before you ask others to examine theirs. The internet isn't the best place to save souls. You aren't a good enough debater to change our minds. I suggest you retire this endeavor. You are just embarrassing yourself.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

I wouldn't say the point of life is the details. Certainly they can add to or take away from the experience, but life itself is about more than just the experience, it's about what you do with the experience. Doing something that will get you remembered is what I consider the ultimate goal, although doing something merely worthwhile isn't so bad.

Being remembered... That's a detail.

An undetailed experience would be existing on the bare minimum. The barest of existences. For example, artwork is detail, so your home would have completely bare walls, anything other than a plain chair is a detail, so comfortable sofas are out.

You would have a monk's cell, with a bedroll, washstand, table and chair. No curtains, no bright bedspread, no carpet. These things are luxurious details.

In my life, the details are the point. If they are concept or reality, it matters not, but an existence without details is not an existence in my opinion. If I did not think, consider, then I would have no point. A ship adrift, without purpose.

The details make up everyones lives. Even hardcore christians. The detail of recruiting more sheeple, the details make up their very lives.

Saying, "Don't think about it, just do it." is the same slogan drug dealers use to convince new users.

Don't consider the facts, just believe man, cause if you don't bad things may or may not happen. <--- pure ignorance inspired by fear.

You believe in god because you are afraid of god. You have a sad, sad detail ridden existence.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456