Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where does your heart lie?

oh, and Kitt, I hope you realize that even though I am critisizing you, I am not asking you to change your views. As much as I might disagree with you I'm not telling you to give up your beliefs.

You on the other hand, seem to be persistent in trying to change our ways of thinking with these preachings. It's not very respectful so.. Live and let live, ok?
    When the Devil is too busy
    And Death's a bit too much
    They call on me by name you see,
    For my special touch.

See, this is what happens when I let the rest of PD run rampant with an easy target. Rather than saying "you know what, it's not worth it. I'm just gonna let sleeping dogs lie." or maybe taking it seriously. Instead the entirety of the board lunged at this one person like a pack of starving wolves with sarcasm and mockery like it will be a splash of cold water that will either awaken some deep down need for logic or maybe just drive them from the board. Instead you all say different things with the same intent and become hypocrites and provoke more ramblings. It's not funny, it's like watching some kid in a wheelchair struggling to get up a ramp and you're holding on to the back laughing like a stupid berk. I mean look at me, I'M siding with the fucking Christian on this one just because your approach was so awful.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

Guardian of the Dimensions Kittsuera's Avatar

>_>
    I guess I shouldnít have left out the rest of what I was going to sayÖ Iím not perfect, and it would have been better if I would have finished all that I was going to say in the way I was meaning toÖ but I didnít as I let time restraints get in the wayÖ
    SighÖ I was pointing out that this is the way to heaven since Iíve seen it in several placeÖ erÖ misunderstood. Now I canít say that I know everything only what I believe and what Iíve read as well as heard. In all, I didnít mean to sound like I was trying to force everyone into changing their ways, just like that; right or wrong, for that is your choice and it can only be made by you. I just want to make sure that everyone has the chance to know what I know; to know what I believe. If you knew something you strongly believed in, no matter what it was founded on, would you not tell others? Iím not saying you have to do anything, but I do ask you, if for any reason you find your self needing guidance in any situation that you would consider the teachings that are in the bible. I know that there are solutions to many problems one might face, even today. Iím not inferring that anyone here is going through a situation but I believe that itís important that I tell you this.

---
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCheetah View Post
    =>_>=
    I mean, just look at her.
    No offence, but I am male, not female.

---
    How do I justify getting a bigger church?
    Well let me ask you thisÖ If you lived in a house with only one room no bigger than a small-medium sized apartment with about 80 people, would you not need bigger accommodations? If you not only lived in a small house such as that and planned to be a blessing to the community would you not need room for them also?
    We have a bigger church through our faith, that God can provide the provisions. We, as is the church, run a movie theater, for $4 a ticket. Out of curiosity, how much does it usually cost to see a movie where you live? There is much more that we do in and for the community than Iím stating here. Granted, there is always something better that can be done with money, be it feeding the poor, sheltering the home less, or providing for some other great need. Not everyone is called to do the same thing though. Say for example; If your ears were eyes, what would you hear with? Or; If your eyes were noses what would you see with?
    There are other ministries that help the poor, shelter the homeless, or provide for some great need, and we have made an effort to help others in such ministries.
    As a church we havenít been around all that long in comparison to other churches but as we contend for the things of God to get loosed, the power is released. God is in the present and moving in the here and now. I speak from what Iíve witnessed as well as what I have witnessed through the changes in others lives.

Again, weather or not you believe is your choice and not mine, but my choice is to believe in God, and I only want others to have good lives. I do not want someone to regret not having someone who cares.
    My birthday 2/ 6/ 09

Accidental Connections come see my Fan Fic :happysad: ^-^
    Like my Avatar? Then see full view here.
    Pairs: Oni Raichu X_x Fallen_Wings, Articuno Girl (Pikapi)
    Fluffimated Pairs: Teresa Eon Spirit

~Completed

Hatches@ 418
    Evolves@ 530
    Completed@ 703

um i think potentially saving hundreds of thousands of impoverished members of third world countries is more important to the fundamentals of christianity than letting people see movies at cheap prices

If you lived in a house with only one room no bigger than a small-medium sized apartment with about 80 people, would you not need bigger accommodations?
    the thing is i am a single person not a religious organization dedicated to the fundamentals of christianity ie helping the poor and disadvantaged

Kittsuera you seem kinda young to me, so I am gonna post something that will completely rock your world.

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/main.htm

Watch that, it'll catch you up to speed.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Kittsuera View Post
    I just want to make sure that everyone has the chance to know what I know; to know what I believe. If you knew something you strongly believed in, no matter what it was founded on, would you not tell others?
    ah

good point. I myself have to learn to not be so stubborn and hostile. I apologize if I came off as being such.
    For my special touch.

happy awesome power kung fu jimmy chow's Avatar

tsk tsk
    Greatness Reincarnated

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

It is one thing to say "I believe in God, I believe He will forgive my sins, and I believe He will let me into heaven." That is stating your stance on religion, which is fine; you can believe whatever you want. What you have said, Kittsuera, is "God will forgive you. God will let you come up to heaven. Only those who know (not "believe in") God will reach heaven." Notice the lack of the word "belief" here. No longer are you stating an opinion; you are stating what you want us to perceive as fact. This is preaching, and preaching is not fine. It is pushing your beliefs onto others. We don't do it to you, so please don't do it to us. We've already made our decisions, just as you have yours.

P.S. I searched Kittsuera's post and found only one usage of belief, and directly after it was a "will".

Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedCheetah View Post
    Kittsuera you seem kinda young to me, so I am gonna post something that will completely rock your world.

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/main.htm

Watch that, it'll catch you up to speed.
    She's already a devout christian, how much more brainwashing can she take?

I think Zeitgeist overcomplicates the Christian faith. All that stuff about metaphors and degrees of change in the Sun's height during winter... It's too technical for a religion to be based upon it.

I'm just starting watching this movie...

hmmm
    For my special touch.

It's a shitty movie that's really really REALLY fucking shitty, and it distorts facts in the Christian segment(and just plain makes shit up in the other two segments) but facts they are.

BTW, for about as 100% correct a view of religion as you can get, read The Varieties of Religious Experience by William James.

Personal
    Intimate
    Noetic
    Transcendent

I think that's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario The Black Knight View Post
    She's already a devout christian, how much more brainwashing can she take?
    >_>

No offence, but I am male, not female.
    My birthday 2/ 6/ 09

~Completed

Hatches@ 418
    Evolves@ 530
    Completed@ 703

Kittsuera couldn't you have responded to some of the relevant posts in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    not really since im pretty sure the words are contradictory
    It means someone who believes in god but recognizes that it cannot be proven either way and doesn't try to convince others of their standpoint.

Zeitgeist comes up very short in parts 2 and 3 but part 1 about religion is about 95% accurate. The only major problem is he doesn't cite references or anything but I looked that shit up, most of it is true. He also oversimplified it.

Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar

Quiet missy, I'll have none of your sass

God has a plan for your life, He can open the door and show you the path but he canít make you walk through if you donít want to.
    If that is so, and it is all preordained and written in a book before you were even born... By doing nothing you are actually still following the "plan." So if you don't walk through, you are still following god's plan for your life.

So by proxy, by not following your idea of his plan for me, I am still following his plan for me. Because whatever I do is still in the plan.

And really he does make you walk through or no, presuming that in the beginning the word was with god, and the word was god but god made the word and the world and you and me and all else... Then he made me not walk through.

He destined Satan to be ebil.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

No, He has a plan for your life but itís your choice weather or not you follow that plan. If your not willing to enter into your destiny that He has for you then He will give it to some one else. While you may miss what He had for you He still cares about you and He can make a new plan for your life.
    Even if you donít follow his plan He can still use you to reach others, but your not getting what He has for you.
    That is my understandingÖ
    Another way you could look at is that its like two people who push baskets at a store. One of them is working that job, as it is in the plan the owner has for them. While the other person is doing the same thing but they do not work at the store; as it is planned by the owner so they do not get paid for what they do. Their doing the works with out getting credit for it. They could have accepted the owners requests an follow his plan and get paid or they could reject the plan and try and get credit for it to be paid when they never worked for the owner, they only worked for them self so they cannot expect to reap the rewards of working that job.

He created us in his image, that is spiritually. He created us with free a will.
    He created Lucifer to be His personal body guard, in a sense, but instead he turned a third of the angles against Him, thinking that they could take over if they could dethrone Him. Which they couldnít and with evil found in them they were banished from Heaven.
    Itís explained in Isaiah 14:13-15 and Ezekiel 28:12-15
    My birthday 2/ 6/ 09

~Completed

Hatches@ 418
    Evolves@ 530
    Completed@ 703

Not if you believe in predestine and preordainment, which the Bible specifically states is so.

So if you believe in the Bible, then you believe god wrote what would happen long before setting any of it in motion. He created everything, including lucifer and preordained that lucifer would turn against him, thus making lucifer evil. God MADE Lucifer evil.

If you believe in the bible, then if I chose to follow god or not to follow god is part of his plan. He wrote my destiny. If I go to hell, it's part of his plan for me.

If he wrote fate then he also wrote sinners, evil people, serial killers, hitler, etc. He MADE them evil.

An author creates their characters. They write the story, they make characters evil or good, as did god.

In the beginning god created heaven and earth... He created man and woman. He created woman to eat the apple and find sin. He created man to follow in her footsteps. He MADE them sin.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

No, He has a plan for your life but itís your choice weather or not you follow that plan. If your not willing to enter into your destiny that He has for you then He will give it to some one else. While you may miss what He had for you He still cares about you and He can make a new plan for your life.
    Even if you donít follow his plan He can still use you to reach others, but your not getting what He has for you.
    That is my understandingÖ
    Another way you could look at is that its like two people who push baskets at a store. One of them is working that job, as it is in the plan the owner has for them. While the other person is doing the same thing but they do not work at the store; as it is planned by the owner so they do not get paid for what they do. Their doing the works with out getting credit for it. They could have accepted the owners requests an follow his plan and get paid or they could reject the plan and try and get credit for it to be paid when they never worked for the owner, they only worked for them self so they cannot expect to reap the rewards of working that job.

He created us in his image, that is spiritually. He created us with free a will.
    He created Lucifer to be His personal body guard, in a sense, but instead he turned a third of the angles against Him, thinking that they could take over if they could dethrone Him. Which they couldnít and with evil found in them they were banished from Heaven.
    Itís explained in Isaiah 14:13-15 and Ezekiel 28:12-15
    Kittsuera, you really need to be exposed to arguments and philosophies and have your beliefs challenged. If you are debating about religion, citing a source from a religion text in your favor is about as irrelevant as it gets.

How do you know God exists?
    The bible you quote has been manipulated and edited thousands of times over for the political gain of empires and the Catholic Church. How can you put so much faith in such an edited and exploited text?

I am not speaking out against Christianity. I am speaking out against you being sheltered from debate about religion - you need to learn how to defend your beliefs logically, how to have them challenged, and not to accept them as fact, but just as that - belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    It means someone who believes in god but recognizes that it cannot be proven either way and doesn't try to convince others of their standpoint.
    Something like that. I guess I could best be described as an agnostic theist with progressive judeo-christian morality. long and complex titles RULE!

also from the little i know about it i guess i could be described as a unitarian - belief in jesus as a moral authority but not exactly divine

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast