Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Where does your heart lie?

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

As soon as you fall back on "God is ineffable" then it's over. You are a fool and it is pointless trying to reason with you*.

*Not you, RC, but you, the person who says God is ineffable.

With out the tree we wouldn't have the choice to do evil. With out that choice we would be only doing good because that's all we could do and all we would ever know. The thing is with only those choices we would be biological robots. As we were created in His image we were given free will. If we didn't have a free will we would have been created in the image of robots and not Him.
    So, we could have been living perfectly serene lives, naked, in the glory of nature if God hadn't placed that tree their to give us the choice of having evil in our lives? Isn't that a bit like giving a loaded gun to a 3 year old cuz you want to give her a "choice" of how to live her life? As far as 'God's Image' goes, why would an omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent being be confined to the form a naked bipedal ape? I'll just smile and nod at the robot comment but give you this to chew on; Cockroaches only act on a few basic desires: Survival and replication. They know nothing of choosing jobs, hobbies, social groups or most of the prime examples we have of free will. Yet, they aren't subjected to laws, moral dilemmas, customs, traditions, or any other concepts of limitation we've invented. So really, aren't they just as well off?

If god created all and has a "plan" for all things... Why is there evil? Why did he plan sin? Why did he plan war, crime, famine, rape, devastation? Why does he plan abortion? Why does he plan for right to life christians to bomb family planning clinics and kill doctors, patients and nurses?
    Population control. Predators and disease can only do so much.

So, God put the tree there to test what we would do with our free will, right? Now, I'm sorry, but what kind of idiot tests your trustworthiness with the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil? You use something useless and expendable, putting the big important things somewhere safe. "Don't eat the rabbit." *eats the rabbit* What? Oh, yeah, uh... "Right, you're daft, but that's okay, no harm done." Wouldn't that have been so much cleverer?
    I think a better question is why would somebody whose omniscient ever need to test anything?

And I think you're being astoundingly selfish. Unless a disease is life-threatening be a man and take it. I'm sure God has far more important things He needs to be doing. And does anyone know why praying for big, important things has absolutely no effect, while little things supposedly happen all the time?
    Law of Attraction, I guess? You attract what you think about unto yourself. Those starving African kids all need a copy of The Secret.

And what about all the people in the world born with terminal genetic diseases, some of which are ultimately untreatable? Children who are murdered? Starving? The homeless, the disadvantaged, the weak and the persecuted? My friends, do we really believe that against this backdrop we can still have a loving and all powerful provider?
    Lucky bastard terminal kids. Dying before they get a chance to become jaded reprobates like the rest of us. That's a free pass to Heaven right there, man!

His Plan will come to pass as His is His Plan but weather your in it or not is you choice. Think about this for a moment; say your witting a book in role play form and you have people who can represent the individual characters. You have a story already mapped out and you know basically what needs to happen from point A to point B. You tell the people who can.... ....many things that could have benefited the character but they are again apart of the plan.
    Lovely analogy but here's the problem. The people who don't feel like playing your RPG or find a better one or didn't hear about it in the first place aren't going to SUFFER HORIFICALLY FOREVER AFTER.

I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

Takin' candy from a baby! Zack Attack!'s Avatar

There is no god. The only reason you believe in god is because humans in ancient times has no answer to the reason they existed, so they chose to believe there was a god. In fact, back then there were many gods. Do all those gods sound believable to you? Of course not, because in your religion, there is only one god. But the fact remains, the human mind can come up with any miraculous idea, and everything you're believing in is just that. It's all in your head and not in reality. Stop pretending there is a god!
    Zack Shilack in the Ack Ack Pack, I win again!~ Fuzion Frenzy

In that case Zack, answer me this... If there is no god then why do most all religions have the same cast of characters more or less? Tribes in the middle of the South American jungles that have had no contact with outside influences in thousands of years have similar belief structure to Christianity, Islam, and various Mythologies.

Most all religions share similar characters.

My point is, if god doesn't exist, no higher power exists then why do all walks of life gravitate to the same belief structure?

Something must be out there. I can't guarantee or prove that it is the god of Abraham and Moses, or Jesus, or the Holy Mother, or Brigid, or Mohammad, or Odin, or Zeus or whatever name you wish to call it this life cycle, but something must be out there.

http://www.pantheon.org/

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

It isn't hard for separate people to believe in the structure that a god created earth and set two people on the earth to begin the race, how else are you going to explain the chicken and the egg theory without science?

I mean fuck, in my last year of highschool we took a test for psychology class and I ended up answering every same answer as someone I know. It's called coincidence, and the fact that not every human is so diverse that everything to act on or think about has to be completely different from every other homosapiensapien.

That isn't the structure I was referring to.

but every structure is pretty much that simple, and something anyone can come up with to identify with another culture's structure.

You don't know much about religion do you?

It's something you don't understand so you just ignore it and say it doesn't exist and hope it will go away.

My point is, if god doesn't exist, no higher power exists then why do all walks of life gravitate to the same belief structure?
    www.zeitgeistmovie.com

http://www.bidstrup.com/bible.htm

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...44811105390386

Because a lot of religions gravitated around the same astrological events.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

That was more of a rhetorical question my darling dear.

No it wasn't.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

It really was.

Oh man, Jordan Maxwell is gonna show The Illuminati what's what.

Something must be out there. I can't guarantee or prove that it is the god of Abraham and Moses, or Jesus, or the Holy Mother, or Brigid, or Mohammad, or Odin, or Zeus or whatever name you wish to call it this life cycle, but something must be out there.
    It was an entirely serious question, you were trying to trap someone in their stupidity. You, Zack, Editor, you all completely suck at debating. You don't debate, you get into pissing matches and ignore anyone who doesn't look like an easy target.

I'm not trying to win a debate, I am trying to piss them off. i hate christianity, catholicism, you name it, so why would I spend my time trying to convert these hopeless people to atheism when i can just have some fun mocking their religion without any means of argumentative intellectual battling.

We have a spam forum for that.

But this thread doesn't happen to be in the SPAM section.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Attack! View Post
    There is no god. The only reason you believe in god is because humans in ancient times has no answer to the reason they existed, so they chose to believe there was a god. In fact, back then there were many gods. Do all those gods sound believable to you? Of course not, because in your religion, there is only one god. But the fact remains, the human mind can come up with any miraculous idea, and everything you're believing in is just that. It's all in your head and not in reality. Stop pretending there is a god!
    It's funny how even Christianity, a monotheistic religion divides it's God into three and has a score of Patron Saints for all to relate to. But regarding your theory, it makes me wonder if ancient people believed that, do animals believe in a higher power as well?

I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

But this thread doesn't happen to be in the SPAM section.
    What an acute observation, then maybe you shouldn't act like a fucktard in here.

Of course not, because we are the only dumb ass species that would make up such crazy philosophies.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCheetah View Post
    What an acute observation, then maybe you shouldn't act like a fucktard in here.
    Do you treat everyone who comes into your fucking domain like this?

Of course not, because we are the only dumb ass species that would make up such crazy philosophies.
    Higher brain levels induce higher ability to think. Humans, as we progressed, began to expand our mental horizons and looked to the metaphorical heavens for divine beings. Animals of a lower mental capacity do the same thing, but on a lower scale. Do you not see in animals that live in packs (or other name-related variations on that) revering the most powerful animal in the tribe? And then you have their versions of non-believers who wish to supplant the current "god" with their own, through physical challenge. All creatures with the mental ability show signs of worshiping, humans have just grown to the point where we look outside of our planet for answers.

stop being a faggot

The only rule on this forum is to not suck, so I try my hands at debating, and find out I suck. But disrespect in the same token? Please, constructively let me know I've been making a fool of myself before you go and piss someone off with egotistical mockery by labeling me as a pathetic noob and telling me my quality is worth no more than spam material. if I had wanted shit remarks like that, i would have stayed at fucking smogon.
    ( talking to RC after nocturne sides with him like a complete homosexual)

I sided with RC because you explicitly said you were essentially coming in here looking for trouble. That is unreasonable, unnecessary, and faggot-ish. Get out.

Yes, I do. Part of the role of being a moderator is holding the people in certain forums to standards. The other part of course is disciplinary action. =Ú_ů=

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast