Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey RC: A Pagan/supernatural question.

Default Hey RC: A Pagan/supernatural question.

I'm abslutely not saying I agree with you... on anything, but you do seem like the kind of person that would know the answer to this sort of question. See I don't DISCOUNT the supernatural beliefs/practices of you heathen types but it's not for me. However there is osmething I wanna ask ya about. I know lots of people who believe some strange things, people who can claim to see spirits, or at the least feel them, and read auras and such. Well they've all said that spirits (whatever you define that as) won't come around me, they act like they're scared, also some of these people claim tha can't read my aura (whatever that means). Now I'm not saying I'm a full on believer of this supernatural stuff BUT, I am a Christian, and that means I have an overabundance of faith, I'm not too worried that I'll run out. So any explanations?
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Your friends are most likely full of crap. I know someone who's wife can apparently feel demonic presences, but like most people with similar claims it's nearly impossible to prove. Just because someone's not a christian doesn't mean they don't have a blindingly high amount of faith in what they believe.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

So you don't believe in the existence of spirits?

As a christian you don't or as a whatever the hell RC is you don't? Fascinating.

When I was about 12 we lived in this horribly haunted house. Things disappeared and reappeared all the time. Bad things happened especially when we were changing the property. I was painting a door upstairs, the lid to the paint can disappeared, and I kept getting my hair pulled. About 2 weeks later the lid reappeared in the downstairs bathroom on the back of the toilet with the paint still wet. You would have had to have been there but I could have proved that one.

I woke up with a hand shaped bruise on my arm in a way I could not have self inflicted, I would get cuts, scratches all over my body even the center of my back when I was sleeping on my back. Sometimes I would wake up with bandaids wrapped around the ends of my fingers. Peroxide disappeared and then reappeared in the middle of the living room floor one night. Nails would appear face up on the stairs like they were waiting for someone to step on them.

No one was ever bothered but me. I heard, felt and seen more in that house... I was a hardcore christian then, spent hours daily studying the bible. Actually that house was the first thing that started rattling my faith.

I've always been able to see and feel things, it doesn't have anything to do with faith, or expectations. Because I didn't expect to see things as a little child. My father was a preacher, we said the ten commandments every morning at breakfast. I was really thoroughly indoctrinated. For a long time no one believed that any of it was happening, they all blamed me and said I was doing it, or it was just my imagination. When they finally came to see that it wasn't me lying for attention they said my faith wasn't strong enough, nothing can touch me if I believe completely in god, so I read the bible before bed, I left it open on my nightstand. When they would wake me in the night I would pray SO HARD. You can't know the amount of faith I had, I KNEW god could stop it, and he never did. I would order them away in the name of the father and the son and the holy spirit to no avail. God abandoned me to my fate in that house night after night. I guess that was his "plan" for me.

PS
    I don't KNOW what paganism has to do with spiritualism. Or is that your christian way of grouping anything not christian into paganism?

BTW: The bible says that spirits exist.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

I didn't say I don't believe in spirits, I said I don't believe people when they say they have special spiritual powers.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

Well of COURSE it's probably all crap! I have heard it from more than one person seperately though. What I'm asking for, is using your expanded depth of knowledge, what could be the cause, assuming that it's true.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

The causes of the ghosts? I have no idea. Some might be real ghosts others a strange set of circumstances. The paranormal powers of friends is probably attention whoring or filling some void that their prior religious experience once occupied.

Well, if you've heard these people talk they talk about creating shields around yourself using white light. Imagine yourself in a bubble of white light, etc. and you will be protected from evilness in general.

I suppose your faith could create such a shield.

As for auras not everyone has an evident aura to the "psychic" all the time. So the person who told you that you don't have an aura just meant that you didnt have one to them at that time.

Google this stuff, there are loads of websites out there with loads of wacky info on them.

I'm familiar with chakra meditation. Also,what's this aura you say I mentioned cause I didn't even bring that up.

Well I don't conciously create shields of white light... allthough I suppose it COULD be faith. Heck I;m a Cock (as in born in the year of) and the Cock is supposed to frighten away harmful spirits with it's virbant plumage, so that could have something to do with it.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

rc the pagan

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Meh, in Judaism all spirits either go to Heaven or "Hell".

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

So, uh, spirits... Right... I find it quite interesting that your faith was destroyed by ghosts, Keke. The sad fact is how a Christian would say "God works in mysterious ways" and expect you to accept it. No! Why does God work in mysterious ways? Why was I born with a genetic defect which I suspect has played a part in my lack of faith? Why was Keke plagued by ghosts to the point that she stopped believing? And while you're at it, solve the problem of evil.

That's pretty true but I lost interest around 6.5 minutes and wandered off to listen to more Disturbed music. I do agree with it though.

You should listen to my podcast Solly, I ranted on something similar a couple days ago. Maybe for the sake of this thread we should replace the word "immoral" with the word "pagan" or "heathen."

http://kittenclaw22.podbean.com/

http://kittenclaw22.podbean.com/2008...els-so-divine/

http://kittenclaw22.podbean.com/2008...s-on-morality/

Now I have a desire to elaborate on my lack of faith. It wasn't only that god was never there in the dark when I needed him, it was also that my mom was really abusive, I mean psycho abusive.

And at some point while I was kneeling on rice kernels on a tile floor reciting scripture to "save my soul" from my whorish 10-year-old ways I lost touch with god. When you have your heart broken 1,000 times a day by someone you should respect something snaps inside and you find it impossible to believe in a benevolent imaginary friend who always helps those worthy. Why wasn't I worthy? Why couldn't He spare me every once in a while? Maybe ever other day I could have handled, but the constant self-loathing battering against what was left of my soul was too much.

What still kicks my ass is I laid down to take it. She would command me to lay on the bed on my arms so I couldn't shield myself and I did, time after time after time.

That is also why I think hell would just be boring after a while. When bruises form on bruises they cease to have any real effect. When you are screaming so long that you no longer need to scream... When the pain finally fades and it doesn't feel like you any more because the torment seems more natural than peace... Eh, you'd be able to embrace the eternal torture and it wouldn't be effective at all after a surprisingly short amount of time.

People are extremely resilient creatures. They bounce back relatively easily from stuff you'd think would floor them.

"I do this to make you worthy in the eyes of god."

"I wish I would have had an abortion, because it would be better that you never existed than to be such an abomination in the sight of the lord."

Does no one see the inconsistencies in that line of unlogic?

I am gonna stop now before I psychoanalyze myself into a coma. I could probably hate my mother if she wasn't such an interesting study.

Man... once again Psycho Christians turn our allies against us... I should start some sort of purge of all the psychotic uber zealous Christians...but once they were all executed, I'd be the only one left.... *sigh* Stupid world...
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

You make a podcast? I once made one, it lasted 2 episodes and then failed miserably.

I have like 3-5 regular listeners.

I do about one a day.

Meh, I think I'm better at typing a rant than speaking one.

On the topic of spirits, I think I might have seen one once, when I was six. It was a ball of blue light with a white tail, kind of like a meteor, zooming past my window. Somehow I could just tell it was my aunt, who had died on the day I was born.

Creepy dude.

Ya, especially because that night I was in the bed that had once belonged to her.

well like I said in the point of the thread.. I've never seen anything remotely spirit like and everyone "in the know" says they're scared of me.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

I had this crazy old black woman come up to me in k-mart once saying, "You're a madonna. You are a white madonna."

That was freaky.

Your singing is bad enough to wake the dead, maybe that's why, Qoorl.

Maybe you look like all those old portraits of Mary holding Jesus, Keke.

Madonna as in virginal mother of Christ... or Madonna as in Performing Artist and Kaballah convert...

Not to sound religionist but Solly can you make golems?
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast