Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 191

Thread: Philosophy

  1. #76
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    Is it beyond you to improve your position in life? Is it beyond her?

  2. #77
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Yeah, especially when your an ignorant prick who doesn't even understand what he's talking about

  3. #78
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    And you do?

  4. #79
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    *sighs* And you have no idea what it's like to have money, right?
    Well, for part of her pregnancy my mother lived in a tent because she could not afford any kind of house, so I'm pretty sure I understand what it's like to be born disadvantaged. I personally do not want any kind of welfare because I was lucky enough to be born intelligent and I will likely make more than enough money independently. If the government wants to take 35% or so of that away to help people who were born with less than me, that is quite fine, I'd be glad to give more.
    "I'll go," said Chagataev. "But what will I do there? Build socialism?"
    "What else?" said the secretary.

  5. #80
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    Is it beyond you to improve your position in life? Is it beyond her?
    It's beyond her, because she's a drunken excuse for a human being. But should I suffer because of her selected lifestyle? Should I stave to death because my mom chooses to spend the majority of her sole income, which is child support checks which should be going to me and my brother anyway, on cigarettes and alcohol?

    And I only use student aid in my own right in terms of Student aid, so I can get out of that lifestyle and support myself.

  6. #81
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    Y'know, they're right when they say you should never discuss religion or politics. You always end up here, firmly believing in what you say and convinced your opponent is wrong.
    Well the thing is The Editor you are actually wrong entirely. Hopefully you can do some research eventually and realize that.
    "I'll go," said Chagataev. "But what will I do there? Build socialism?"
    "What else?" said the secretary.

  7. #82
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    And you do?
    How many times have you spent a winter without heating oil in your house and have had to use a single space heater and the oven in the kitchen to heat an entire house? Have you ever spent days at a time not eating because there is nothing in the cabinets? Yes, I know exactly what I'm talking about!

  8. #83
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    Obviously you also have never heard of adoption. If there was no welfare and your mother cared about you, she would either work for a living or put you up for adoption. I very much doubt you would die.

    What makes you so sure you're right?

  9. #84
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    And why has that happened? Is it the fault of the good people who work hard and give the government their money so that it can go to washouts like your mother? Or is it her fault for not acting like the sensible and mature adult one would expect from a mother?

    Here's something you may not know. My parents are divorced. When they divorced they worked out fairly quickly that neither of them would be able to look after us, and so they did the sensible thing and now we live with our grandparents. And you know what? It's absolutely fine. It works.

  10. #85
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,805

    Default

    Besides I think the rich and middle class can fucking live with 20-35% of their income used for social purposes, most are just ignorant morons(like the editor) who would rather spend it to buy another fucking iPod because they think the poor deserve to be poor because they have no understanding of social psychology or culture.
    "I'll go," said Chagataev. "But what will I do there? Build socialism?"
    "What else?" said the secretary.

  11. #86
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post

    What makes you so sure you're right?
    because your talking points are straight out of ayn rynd's book for upper-middle class white faggots with large senses of entitlement
    "I'll go," said Chagataev. "But what will I do there? Build socialism?"
    "What else?" said the secretary.

  12. #87
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    The poor should work to get themselves out of being poor. And I think the 20-35% of my money should go on the projects that improve society in general, not just bits of it. Healthcare, education, transport... These things make a difference to everybody. Without transport I couldn't get around, without education I couldn't get a good job, and without healthcare I wouldn't have a GP to see if I became ill. And this applies to everybody in the country, not just me. Wellfare and support only affect a proportion of the country, and the rest of us shouldn't be held responsible for that section.

    Never heard of him/her.

  13. #88
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    Obviously you also have never heard of adoption. If there was no welfare and your mother cared about you, she would either work for a living or put you up for adoption. I very much doubt you would die.

    What makes you so sure you're right?
    How fucking ignorant can someone possibly be!?

    Do you think a low-class alcoholic would really go through the process of trying to put a child into the fauster system? Do you think they think that much?

    I know I'm right because I've been there and you live in your fucking middle class home staying warm when it's cold and eating when your hungry without any sort of trouble your whole life. You don't know shit about the real world, just what you've read about it on Wikipedia.

  14. #89
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    It's still not our responsibility, it's hers. Cold and heartless I may be, but you can't make it my fault that she's fucking you over.

    Talkin' to God, Mario.

  15. #90
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    And why has that happened? Is it the fault of the good people who work hard and give the government their money so that it can go to washouts like your mother? Or is it her fault for not acting like the sensible and mature adult one would expect from a mother?

    Here's something you may not know. My parents are divorced. When they divorced they worked out fairly quickly that neither of them would be able to look after us, and so they did the sensible thing and now we live with our grandparents. And you know what? It's absolutely fine. It works.
    Now I don't know at this point if this is just an act or if you really are this bad of a sheltered middle class pompous asshole. You really think your suffering because your missing that little bit of money? What wrong? Not gonna get to eat out as many days a week? Won't you get that new Xbox game you want? It isn't your fault, but it isn't mine either. You won't miss a meal because of that small amout of money you lose.

  16. #91
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    No, I won't. But I worked for that money, and you didn't, and now it's going from me to you. How would you feel if someone came along and said "Hi, I'm here to take your money and give it to a random stranger who doesn't work hard enough to support their family"?

  17. #92
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    The poor should work to get themselves out of being poor. And I think the 20-35% of my money should go on the projects that improve society in general, not just bits of it. Healthcare, education, transport... These things make a difference to everybody. Without transport I couldn't get around, without education I couldn't get a good job, and without healthcare I wouldn't have a GP to see if I became ill. And this applies to everybody in the country, not just me. Wellfare and support only affect a proportion of the country, and the rest of us shouldn't be held responsible for that section.

    Never heard of him/her.
    The people themselves are the first concern of any society. Who are you going to educate, care for, and build roads for if the people are suffering? Every part of the society matters. If you put the money into transportation, whose gonna build those roads?

  18. #93
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    People who work and make money make the roads. They don't need welfare. Those people who are suffering wouldn't be suffering if they worked hard and lived sensibly. If you make a lot of money then well done you. Now you can go and spend it on whatever the hell you want. If you don't then you can't. If you don't make enough to support your family then you need to work harder or find someone else to look after the kids while you get into a position to look after them yourself. If you can't support yourself despite having the capability to do so if you'd just sort your life out then you are a waste of space and deserve everything that you've got coming. The old and the disabled can get the money: they aren't responsible for their position and neither is anyone else, so it's only right that the government helps them out. But if you're a child and your parents can't look after you then they should damn well do something about it. If you're an adult and you can't look after yourself then you should also do something about it. You have severely fucked up.

  19. #94
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    No, I won't. But I worked for that money, and you didn't, and now it's going from me to you. How would you feel if someone came along and said "Hi, I'm here to take your money and give it to a random stranger who doesn't work hard enough to support their family"?
    Once I make enough money, I won't be too concerned, because that's the cost of living in organized society. Beyond that, I won't know the shitty people it'll be going to, I'll just know that other kids who are in the situation I've lived through won't suffer for those shitty people's decisions. Not all of them are shitty people anyway. Some people legitamately work and still need it for one reason or another and just need it for a short time. The real world is gonna kick your ass when you finally meet it.

  20. #95
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    If you need it for the short term then take out a loan like the rest of us. And if you work but can't support your family then you just aren't working hard enough and are living beyond your means. Do something about it.

    On a tenuously related note, what do you think of inheritance tax?

  21. #96
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    People who work and make money make the roads. They don't need welfare. Those people who are suffering wouldn't be suffering if they worked hard and lived sensibly. If you make a lot of money then well done you. Now you can go and spend it on whatever the hell you want. If you don't then you can't. If you don't make enough to support your family then you need to work harder or find someone else to look after the kids while you get into a position to look after them yourself. If you can't support yourself despite having the capability to do so if you'd just sort your life out then you are a waste of space and deserve everything that you've got coming. The old and the disabled can get the money: they aren't responsible for their position and neither is anyone else, so it's only right that the government helps them out. But if you're a child and your parents can't look after you then they should damn well do something about it. If you're an adult and you can't look after yourself then you should also do something about it. You have severely fucked up.
    The people who can't support themselves even though they are capable do deserve it, but their children don't. Do you expect a 6 year old to go out and work to support the family? And do you think someone who is too irresponsible to take care of themselves much less their children is responsible enough to deal with any form of adoption agency? And what about the people who are legitimatly on welfare because they've just fallen on hard times and don't strictly depend on it? There are people who don't deserve it, but there are pleanty more that do.

  22. #97
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    If you need it for the short term then take out a loan like the rest of us. And if you work but can't support your family then you just aren't working hard enough and are living beyond your means. Do something about it.

    On a tenuously related note, what do you think of inheritance tax?
    So is it just your thought that someone who couldn't afford to go to college so they can make the money they need who works 50+ hour weeks in a job that pay a little more than minimum wage not working hard enough? The economy right now is shit, so it's quite easy to live beyond your means when even the cheapest things are too expensive.

  23. #98
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    No, I don't expect the child to. I expect the parent too, as do the rest of us. And I fully expect any number of concerned individuals to be equally capable of arranging for the Social Services to take over custody of the child. The child is then the states responsibility and gets what it needs until either adoption or adulthood are reached.

    And why would those people have fallen on hard times? Because inflation is getting ahead of pay increases? Well then, the company should be held responsible. Because they've lost their job? Tough luck. Borrow some money from friends and family (or take out a loan), and then go get a new job. Because they're injured and cannot work? Sure, you get the money. Any other reasons?

  24. #99
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    To be honest, if you're working 50+ hours a week and not getting enough money to live on then what the fuck are you doing in that job in the first place. You are obviously either living beyond reasonable levels for your income or are being paid below minimum wage. And have you not heard of student loans? They exist so that you can go to university. I'm getting a student loan. Maintenance loan too. And then I pay all that money back when I have a job.

  25. #100
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    No, I don't expect the child to. I expect the parent too, as do the rest of us. And I fully expect any number of concerned individuals to be equally capable of arranging for the Social Services to take over custody of the child. The child is then the states responsibility and gets what it needs until either adoption or adulthood are reached.

    And why would those people have fallen on hard times? Because inflation is getting ahead of pay increases? Well then, the company should be held responsible. Because they've lost their job? Tough luck. Borrow some money from friends and family (or take out a loan), and then go get a new job. Because they're injured and cannot work? Sure, you get the money. Any other reasons?
    You clearly have no understanding of the human mind. Do you know what kind of trama getting forcefully taken from the home they grew up in must have on a child? Involving Social Services on a situation should only be reserved for the most severe cases. If every child in the hands of a poor parent was thrown into the hands of social services, the whole social services system would collapse. As it is programs like that are always underfunded and kids typicly get passed around from one bad family to the next. Do you think everyone who gets onto those adoption lists is a stuck up middle class faggot like you? No, there are sometimes worse living situations to be found than where they came from. And do you know how much it would cost to do such a thing. It would be much cheaper just to support the family and help them anyway. And besides, It's better to take children forcefully than it is to take a couple bucks out of your fucking pocket change?

    As I've said, it is a government's most fundemental duty to help it's people. If someone in their country legitimately needs help, they should get it. It would only injure the economy to leave the people to fend for themselves like that, if everyone was taking out loans any no one was paying them, the banks would quickly go out of business. It only helps the people as a whole to help those less fortunate.

    Your arguement couldn't stay afloat in a puddle of mercury

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •