Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Philosophy

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

And how do I know you're not lying?

Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar

Because your a fucking idiot The Editor.

Everyone knows about my mom and the shit she does. Besides, why would I lie about something like this?

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

Why wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    And how do I know you're not lying?
    ahahahahhahahahahahhahaha The Fucking Editor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    Why wouldn't you?
    Shut up The Editor. All your doing now is trying to not look completely crushed. At this point you'd look like less of a stuck up rich boy bitch if you put on an expensive wedding dress and cried.

I have no reason to lie about something like this.

Who would lie about being poor and to what avail? To look cool? Are poor people cool? If so, where? Cause I wanna go there.

Did you ever see that Eddie Murphy movie about the rich asshole who made the rich guy poor and the poor guy rich. Then the rich guy wanted to kill himself. A lot of people are just a few pay checks away from suicide.

When most rich people do hit rock bottom they take the easy way out and kill themselves because they are cowards. They can't face the world without the paper shield of money. The thing they don't fucking realize is that paper shields aren't very affective, and the one they hold has a target painted on it.

If one person who was born independently wealthy had the gumption and courage of one working class single mother the world would be a better place.

Being born rich only proves one thing. That your ancestor was once poor and s/he made something of themselves and pulled themselves out of the ashes, PROBABLY with assistance of some sort. Very rarely do you hear the story where one guy started out with 35 cents and a bucket of paint and somehow became a millionaire.

Unless that person is Oprah.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

I think this just leads us back to my original statement. We should be liberal or we should be Spartans.

The conclusion of this discussion is that the welfare system is necessary, a good concept however it had poor execution and is now flawed.

The End.

1 Corinthians 13: So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Buddha: The thought manifests as the word; The word manifests as the deed; The deed develops into habit; And habit hardens into character; So watch the thought and its ways with care, and let it spring from love Born out of concern for all beings... As the shadow follows the body, as we think, so we become.

Pretty solid ideas.

Error does not become Truth because it is widely accepted;
    Truth does not become error, even when it stands alone.

Paired with: Mex - Eve

Quote Originally Posted by Keke Le Cat View Post
    Who would lie about being poor and to what avail? To look cool? Are poor people cool? If so, where? Cause I wanna go there.

Did you ever see that Eddie Murphy movie about the rich asshole who made the rich guy poor and the poor guy rich. Then the rich guy wanted to kill himself. A lot of people are just a few pay checks away from suicide.

When most rich people do hit rock bottom they take the easy way out and kill themselves because they are cowards. They can't face the world without the paper shield of money. The thing they don't fucking realize is that paper shields aren't very affective, and the one they hold has a target painted on it.

If one person who was born independently wealthy had the gumption and courage of one working class single mother the world would be a better place.

Being born rich only proves one thing. That your ancestor was once poor and s/he made something of themselves and pulled themselves out of the ashes, PROBABLY with assistance of some sort. Very rarely do you hear the story where one guy started out with 35 cents and a bucket of paint and somehow became a millionaire.

Unless that person is Oprah.
    This may be the largest amount of generalization, assumption, and overall arrogance I've had the pleasure to read. I'm not saying I don't agree with some of your statements, but to generalize the way you just did puts you in the same mold as the people you're attacking.

That was just asinine. Do you know every wealthy person, and the habits they happen to keep with their money? Are you so quick to assume everyone with a fat bank account has only themselves they worry about?

Personally, I'm a 20 year old living off of ramen and publix juice while going to college so I myself have no window in the souls of these people you so hate, but I can only assume that like everyone else in the world there are some good, some bad, few great, and more evil.

Careful up there.

KS it's a fact that 99% of rich people were just born rich and are spoiled cunts with large, unearned egos.

Of course there are good super-rich people, but this is mostly true.

Obviously you did not take the time to read the previous pages of debate and decided to attack me based upon that one post. In the beginning of the debate I was much more gentle.

GENERALLY speaking, the wealthy rule society. It is the responsibility of society to take care of the downtrodden, the poor, the weak. Even animals do this. Why should not mankind take responsibility for its neglected souls? The point of this debate was that certain wealthy individuals did not feel that they should have to pay taxes to contribute to the care of the less fortunate. They cast a bad light on the wealthy from post 1.

First off: I hate no one, I want no one to suffer.

For the most part, I live in a very gray world and I see no black or whites. However to make a point in a debate you must make black or white statements.

Oprah gives something away on her show at least once a week. Something huge like a full home makeover, a car, etc. Then every once in a while she does an "Oprah's big give" show and gives away LOADS.

If Bill Gates took the interest earned in one day off one bank account and applied it to the homeless in one city, he would solve the problem if temporarily.

I can think of a corporation which does good with its billions... The McDonald's fast food chain does a lot for the homeless as well as ill children. When my son was in the hospital they had a facility there ran by the Ronald McDonald house where I could go sleep, shower, eat, use the dishwasher for my son's bottles, etc. They provided meals, snacks, a haven.

But for every one I can think of that helps mankind I can think of dozens that do nothing with their revenue except glory in it.

While I may have made very broad generalizations, for every person who does good there are thousands who do nothing. All it takes for evil to champion is for good people to do nothing.

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." ~Edmund Burke

Why would I waste time at 5 in the morning to read 5 pages of people saying the same things over and over =P And like I said God, while I don't necessarily disagree with the statements the way they were delivered as much altered the message as any thing he could have said.

So you jump to conclusions without having viewed all the facts. Nice.

I think generalizing is a lesser sin compared to judging someone without viewing all the information at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Keke Le Cat View Post

I think generalizing is a lesser sin compared to judging someone without viewing all the information at hand.
    I'll help you out in this battle

KS is a retard.

I didn't jump to any conclusion at all. As a matter of fact, let's read what you wrote one more time:

I easily make the assumption the conclusion you say I'm jumping to is this one:

Careful up there.
    -that I think you're on a pedestal judging others and making broad generalizations. If this weren't true, I'd agree with you that it was wrong of me to say. But then you go and do this:

think generalizing is a lesser sin compared to judging someone without viewing all the information at hand.
    This makes you lose twice. First, I easily assume you agree here that you were in fact generalizing. Making the statement you see now contradict the one point you're trying to make. In addition:

...compared to judging someone without viewing all the information at hand.
    You obviously must have sources for all this information about rich people and how they all hurt us with their money for you to have actually wrote this.

Or you know,
    been semi-retarded.

Mario's just angry at the world and his lack of reparations. If it makes you feel better, we'd probably charge for the boat ride anyway =/

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678