Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 191

Thread: Philosophy

  1. #51
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    The child can go into care. It happens a lot.

    That is the parents choice. They made that choice of their own free will. If my government spends my money on private groups then I have not had that choice, and I object to that.

  2. #52
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,743

    Default

    Having just consulted both the OED and Wikipedia, I have come to the conclusion that social discourse is concerned with the way in which society communicates ideas, and am therefore at a loss as to what your point is.
    Someone who is born poor, will have a primary discourse which is not consistent with what our culture views as the channels to success and self-improvement(education), therefore poverty is a failing of society as a whole, not an individual, in about 99.99% of the cases.

  3. #53
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    Next year I stand to make 12,000, of which at least 20% will will be stolen by the government as income tax.

  4. #54
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    Clarify.

  5. #55
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,743

    Default

    The Editor, what is the socio-economic condition of your parents/family?

  6. #56
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    Next year I stand to make 12,000, of which at least 20% will will be stolen by the government as income tax.
    Oh boo hoo, if you wanted to get away from england's taxes, your great great great great great grandparents should have shipped over with the rest of the puritans.

  7. #57
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    Middle class, I guess. We're no too sure atm Currently things are running tight due to your country fucking up the economy.

  8. #58
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    Yes, because tax is the only important thing in the world.

  9. #59
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    Yes, because tax is the only important thing in the world.
    Well your whining about taxes, you could have clearly done something about it.

  10. #60
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    Middle class, I guess. We're no too sure atm Currently things are running tight due to your country fucking up the economy.
    How much do your parents make a year?

    The Editor the thing is you have a very sheltered view of the world. Your primary discourse was consistent with education etc growing up. Someone born to an impoverished family will not have that same advantage, so it is a moral obligation for those born with advantages to help those born without advantages so that they can improve themselves, and more people can be born with advantages.

  11. #61
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    There are other things too, moron. I quite like having an NHS, living in a temperate climate without severe weather conditions and being able to vote Conservative.

  12. #62
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    There are other things too, moron. I quite like having an NHS, living in a temperate climate without severe weather conditions and being able to vote Conservative.
    Oh wow..

  13. #63
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    That depends on how the year goes.

    If it's a moral obligation then why does the government have to make the decision for us? If it were a charity then yes, that would be okay. I'd have a choice. But to take my money and put it into a non-public service without my say so? That isn't right.

  14. #64
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,743

    Default

    Goddamn the Editor you are a stupid sheltered middle class white faggot with a massive sense of entitlement because your parents happened to have money when you were born and are utterly ignorant of the real world.

  15. #65
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    That depends on how the year goes.

    If it's a moral obligation then why does the government have to make the decision for us? If it were a charity then yes, that would be okay. I'd have a choice. But to take my money and put it into a non-public service without my say so? That isn't right.
    Yes it is. Let's consider it and price that people pay for being born with advantages that far more people in the world are not born with. Kind of like the price they have to pay for being born without those advantages(poverty, starvation, genocide, social alienation, etc).

  16. #66
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    That depends on how the year goes.

    If it's a moral obligation then why does the government have to make the decision for us? If it were a charity then yes, that would be okay. I'd have a choice. But to take my money and put it into a non-public service without my say so? That isn't right.
    It's quite simple, because the fundemental point of a government is to help it's people, and if some people need money to survive, then it's not gonna just sit around and wait for some charity to come in and help it's people for it

  17. #67
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    What the fuck do you know about my life? True, I may live in a way which is above and beyond other people. But is it above and beyond those people to improve their economic condition? No, it isn't. If I want to maintain my lifestyle I'm going to have to work for it. And if they need the state to support them then they clearly aren't working enough to support their lifestyle, and so should either change their lifestyle or improve their work. That's how a capitalist system works: you get what you give.

  18. #68
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    Health, transport, education, construction... These are things the government should spend its money on. They are there for everybody. But spending money on individuals is only for their benefit.

  19. #69
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    What the fuck do you know about my life? True, I may live in a way which is above and beyond other people. But is it above and beyond those people to improve their economic condition? No, it isn't. If I want to maintain my lifestyle I'm going to have to work for it. And if they need the state to support them then they clearly aren't working enough to support their lifestyle, and so should either change their lifestyle or improve their work. That's how a capitalist system works: you get what you give.
    It's easy to know what kind of life you live, based on the totally pompous, asanine content of your posts.

  20. #70
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    Then tell me, how do I live my life?

  21. #71
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Goddamn the Editor you are a stupid sheltered middle class white faggot with a massive sense of entitlement because your parents happened to have money when you were born and are utterly ignorant of the real world.
    .

  22. #72
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,743

    Default

    God The Editor you are such a fucking idiot I'm sorry. You have no concept of the real world you middle class majority faggot.

  23. #73
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    *sighs* And you have no idea what it's like to have money, right?

  24. #74
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Pretty much. My mom is a worthless piece of garbage who has no job and I survive only because of welfare essencially.

  25. #75
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    Y'know, they're right when they say you should never discuss religion or politics. You always end up here, firmly believing in what you say and convinced your opponent is wrong.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •