Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 191

Thread: Philosophy

  1. #126
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    I'm not beaten just because you say so, Mario.

    I answered that question in post 118.
    yeah, you were beaten because you are fucking wrong and stupid. you are an immature faggot born with money and therefore think everyone is from the same situation with literally no concept of the real world.

  2. #127
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    Student loans do indeed come from the government. However, unlike welfare, that money comes back. All of it. That's why they are loans rather than grants.
    That is how welfare is supposed to function, too. Financial and educational aid are supposed to be given to the poor and uneducated so that they can become bettered and eventually contribute to society, therefore their children will have advantages and the need for welfare will greatly decrease. But because of faggots like you with the ridiculous lol the poor need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and read ayn rynd books lol way of thinking that is so prominent in industrial countries welfare is basically just a check sent each week with enough money for half of a grocery order.

  3. #128
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    So every underprivileged family should have their children taken away and institutionalized... Who would run the institutions? The state? With TAX dollars?

    BTW thats a great idea, lets have more institutionalized dysfunctional adults ravaging society. More serial killers = More fun!

    You basically have no real concept of reality. You have a dim view of real life funneled through your parents own tunnel vision.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  4. #129
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Hey I have a better idea. Why don't we just kill all the poor people? Just get them together and mass execute them with a guillotine.

    While we're at it why don't we kill all the ugly people, poor people and basically people who aren't like us. Purge the species, etc.

    Great plan.

    Holocaust anyone?

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  5. #130
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    *sighs* I'm dropping this because it's true, I don't know enough to argue a case. I still think I'm right, though.

  6. #131
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    *sighs* I'm dropping this because it's true, I don't know enough to argue a case. I still think I'm right, though.
    AKA

    "I won't concede however I still think I'm right, I just can't prove you're wrong as you have already proven that my argument is ridiculous."

    Did you know that Hitler had more than 20,000 people killed with a guillotine between 1942 and 1943. He thought the death was belittling.

    If you killed all the poor people with one I bet you could beat his record.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  7. #132
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    I haven't seen any proof that I'm wrong, just lots of opinions and statistics. And nowhere have I said "Let's kill all the poor people!"

  8. #133
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    No, lets just take their children away and treat them like animals. Then let them starve to death because there aren't enough high paying jobs even if those poor people are skilled workers.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  9. #134
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    I think you have a slightly twisted view of the care system. Anyway, I'm running from the point of view of Britain, country of people who don't want to get the RSPCC on their backs. In related news, the money saved by not providing welfare for said families (specifically child support) could then be pushed into state child care, where all of it will be used to help the children rather than just a percentage (because, let's face it, child support goes on more than just the children).

  10. #135
    supafly Nanaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,906

    Default

    Look at me I'm bolding letters I'm automatically right.

    Either way, The Editor, you have to realize how other people are seeing this. You're basically saying that it's a girls fault if she gets raped and if she doesn't get an abortion, murdering her child (even though it's conceived from rape). Then saying it's poor peoples fault that finding a good long lasting full-time job is hard.

    Also, last time I checked, the UK had a lower purchasing power parity than the US, meaning it has somewhat more of a lower class base of living. So really, your point of view is stronger for their argument than yours.
    -.---.----..

  11. #136
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,760

    Default

    from what i understand britian is considerably more racist than the united states and they really really hate the underclass

  12. #137
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    "It's a new method of teaching called shouting at people until they agree!" - Eddie Izzard.

    For fuck's sake old man, can you not understand the concepts of adoption and state childcare? Those are options too. It's not a "welfare or die" society.

    It's not their fault, but they should try harder if they want it.

    I don't understand economist speak, so I'll need you to expain what you mean.

    We're not out to get the poor you know. For one thing you need a Conservative government to help. Maybe after the next general election...

  13. #138
    supafly Nanaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,906

    Default

    Purchasing power parity is the amount of money everyone in the country could receive if the money was evenly distributed. The US has a PPP of over 34,000 while the UK's is around 20,000. Meaning as a whole, your country's situation helps their argument over yours.
    -.---.----..

  14. #139
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    I see... And that helps their argument how?

  15. #140
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    There is less money available per capita in Britain, and thus more poverty.

    So you say, "Let them take care of themselves." and I say, "Let them eat cake." Which makes me an even better person. On the back of my high horse rests an Ivory Tower in which I condescend on you.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  16. #141
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    "It's a new method of teaching called shouting at people until they agree!" - Eddie Izzard.

    For fuck's sake old man, can you not understand the concepts of adoption and state childcare? Those are options too. It's not a "welfare or die" society.

    It's not their fault, but they should try harder if they want it.

    I don't understand economist speak, so I'll need you to expain what you mean.

    We're not out to get the poor you know. For one thing you need a Conservative government to help. Maybe after the next general election...
    You gave this up a couple of posts ago because you know nothing about it, remember?

  17. #142
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    "Give a man a fish and he will live for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will live for years." Welfare does not encourage you to improve. We should be providing an incentive to do better rather than an easier ride. Your 'moral highground' is holding them back, not pushing them forwards.

    And then people said I wanted the poor dead, and I can't leave such slander unchallenged.

  18. #143
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,760

    Default

    Welfare does not encourage you to improve.
    Certainly not the way it is done now. It just allows you to starve half to death rather than all the way. That is why there need to be sweeping welfare reforms with many more services being available in the fields of education, job training, improvement of the inner cities, etc. Also the public school system needs to be MASSIVELY overhauled.

  19. #144
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    Exactly. The government should stop spending money on heritage and the like and focus on important things such as education and healthcare.

  20. #145
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Actually, one can only remain on welfare until the youngest child is 4 years old and then they MUST get a job or support is cut off. Welfare will pay for education and childcare but they wont support a lay about.

    The problem I see with the welfare system is that it is endless if you continue to have children every 4 years. You can potentially stay on welfare until social security age.

    I think there should be a maximum lifetime benefit in place. For example one can only be on public assistance for 8 years or etc.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  21. #146
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,760

    Default

    that still is punishing the child for having a useless parent

  22. #147
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Also the government will pay for a college education only for the first year, after that the individual must seek student loans even if they have a 4.0 GPA.

    I know this because I have a cousin who became pregnant at age 17, and was basically alone from then on. She works full time in her son's daycare, goes to school full time and still manages to be a great mom. However she can't support herself and her child on her income from the daycare (about $8 per hour) more than half her wages goes to daycare while she is in school. Her ex-boyfriend works under the table at a construction site to a void state mandated child support.

    If it weren't for medicaid the child wouldn't have insurance. She doesn't qualify for medicaid because she is an adult and makes too much money (haha) so she has no insurance.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  23. #148
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Well, if after 4 years the parent can't manage to get on their feet enough to get any sort of work (even a job that still requires some for of government aid) then the kids SHOULD be taken away. If the parent is that useless they probably aren't a very good parent anyway.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  24. #149
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keke Le Cat View Post
    Also the government will pay for a college education only for the first year, after that the individual must seek student loans even if they have a 4.0 GPA.
    the government should extend interest-free loans to anyone who wants to go to college.

    also i would mostly do away with shit like gpa's.

  25. #150
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    If you are sucking at school why should the government provide you with unsecure loans you may go bankrupt on later anyway?

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •