View Poll Results: Should this be stickied?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

4 66.67%
  • Yes

2 33.33%

Thread: EV points

Hybrid View

Just getting started SilentHill's Avatar

Default EV points

No I am not talking about eevee
    This is for the people who don't know about the effort values of pokemon

As everyone know training pokemon is the best way to go but theres a trick,
    say for instance you fought a zubat and leveled up a pokemon will get 2 speed points for doing this now I am not saying battle zubats until you get the maximum 'cough255' but try to keep battling pokemon that give you the stat ups you need so any legendary pokemon will give you at least 2 of a stat therefore
    giving you an advantage in 2 types but you can only maximize 2 stats you can then give them the perminant upgrade item of which you can buy in just about any game to maximize your favorite or the best stat for that pokemon these are what I was thinking of but others might disagree

grass-sp.attack,sp defense
    fire-sp.attack,defense
    water-sp.attack,sp. defense
    normal-attack,defense
    electric-sp.attack,speed
    fighting-attack,defense
    psychic-sp.attack,sp.defense
    ghost-sp.attack,sp.defense
    poison-attack/sp.attack,defense
    steel-attack,defense
    dark-sp.attack,defense
    flying-attack,speed
    ground-attack/sp.attack,sp.defense
    rock-attack/sp.attack,sp.defense
    dragon-sp.attack,attack
    ? ? ?(arceus)-not sure

I f havn't explained this thoroughly enough then tell me
    Tamed and ready to fight!

I honest to god mean it! Now where the hells my sammich?!? Eon Spirit's Avatar
    Hoping intelligence sparks in some peoples minds...

um..duh?
    New Claimed Character: Onikami O'Donnel Son of Wolf O'Donnel
    Awesome!! The spirituous Soulhaven Town Come join the club Cyndaquils, get'm now!

Albums wanting:
    Slipknot - Vol. 3 (The subliminal Verses)
    White Stripes - Eephant
    Halo 2 Soundtrack 1
    Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
    Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fists

You're really starting to bug me, ES.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Why?
    Awesome!! The spirituous Soulhaven Town Come join the club Cyndaquils, get'm now!

Albums wanting:
    White Stripes - Eephant
    Halo 2 Soundtrack 1

Honourable trainer (no legends!) tombos8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pink-kitty2 View Post
    You're really starting to bug me, ES.
    yep me too. And i agree wiv everything u said above too

Uh, tombos, I don't know what I've done to you,but PK, I'm sorry, I have a nasty tendency to criticize and be a jerk. I restrain it if I wish, but for the most part I feel no need. Again, sorry.

Albums wanting:
    White Stripes - Eephant
    Halo 2 Soundtrack 1

Your relatively flippant nature, and the fact that you assume that what you know is obvious to everybody.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Does you knowing the fact that I'm ADD now help you?

Albums wanting:
    White Stripes - Eephant
    Halo 2 Soundtrack 1

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Spirit View Post
    There is no such thing

Uh...No. This is not correct. Go to serebii if you want an explanation.

Just getting started SilentHill's Avatar

But it's the just of the story/text
    Tamed and ready to fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Spirit View Post
    No. Hiding behind something like ADD is not a decent excuse. As a matter of fact, I'm ADD. Regardless, being ADD does not cause one to be flippant, or as full of yourself as you are.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

The Quality Over Quantity Poster Sammi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilentHill View Post
    No I am not talking about eevee
    This is for the people who don't know about the effort values of pokemon

As everyone know training pokemon is the best way to go but theres a trick,
    say for instance you fought a zubat and leveled up a pokemon will get 2 speed points for doing this now I am not saying battle zubats until you get the maximum 'cough255' but try to keep battling pokemon that give you the stat ups you need so any legendary pokemon will give you at least 2 of a stat therefore
    giving you an advantage in 2 types but you can only maximize 2 stats you can then give them the perminant upgrade item of which you can buy in just about any game to maximize your favorite or the best stat for that pokemon these are what I was thinking of but others might disagree

grass-sp.attack,sp defense
    fire-sp.attack,defense
    water-sp.attack,sp. defense
    normal-attack,defense
    electric-sp.attack,speed
    fighting-attack,defense
    psychic-sp.attack,sp.defense
    ghost-sp.attack,sp.defense
    poison-attack/sp.attack,defense
    steel-attack,defense
    dark-sp.attack,defense
    flying-attack,speed
    ground-attack/sp.attack,sp.defense
    rock-attack/sp.attack,sp.defense
    dragon-sp.attack,attack
    ? ? ?(arceus)-not sure

I f havn't explained this thoroughly enough then tell me
    This thread doesn't need to be stickied =/

It has horrible grammar and is barely readable. But because I think most people have the grasp of it, I'll just write down the easiest places to EV train:

Wild Pokémon:

HP:
    Route 212 (Pastoria Side). While surfing, you can find many Wooper (1 HP) and some Quagsire (2 HP).
    In the ground, Wooper (1 HP) and Bibarel (2 Attack) are very common there. Although there are Kricketune (2 Attack) and Roselia (2 Sp. Atk) too.
    Fuego Ironworks. Gastrodon (2 HP) and Shellos (1HP) can be found here while Wingull (1 Speed), Shinx (1 Attack), Luxio (2 Attack) and Pachirisu (1 Speed) should be ignored.
    Route 221. In Pearl, Gastrodon (2 HP) will be pretty common and there will be Sudowoodo (2 Defense). In Diamond, some Gastrodon (2 HP) are replaced by Stunky (1 Speed) and Skuntank (2 HP) The rest are Roselia (2 Sp. Attack), Shellos (1 HP), Floatzel (2 Speed) and Wingull (1 Speed).

Attack:
    Route 229. Gyarados (2 Attack) are the only Pokémon to be found while fishing.
    Twinleaf Town. While fishing with super rod, Gyarados (2 Attack) and Seaking (2 Attack) are the only Pokémon to be found.
    Route 210 (Celestic Side). You will find Bibarel (2 Attack), Machop (1 Attack) and Machoke (2 Attack) at the same rate as Psyduck (1 Sp. Attack), Meditite (Speed), Hoothoot (1 HP) and Noctowl (2 HP). Note that during the morning and day, Hoothoot and Noctowl will be replaced by Meditite, making it the most common.

Defense:
    Ruin Maniac Cave. Geodude (1 Defense) are the most common, and the only other Pokémon here is Hippopotas (1 Defense).
    Iron Island B2F (Riley's Room)/B3F. The common Pokémon here are Graveler (2 Defense) and Onix (1 Defense), with the other being Golbat (2 Speed), Steelix (2 Defense) and Geodude (1 Defense), who almost never appears.
    Oreburgh Mine. Geodude (1 Defense) are common here. You can also find Onix (1 Defense) and Zubat (1 Speed) a bit less often.

Sp. Attack:
    Old Chateau. Gastly (1 Sp. Attack) are the only Pokémon found here while any GBA game in Slot 2 allows you to rarely find Haunter (2 Sp. Attack) and Gengar (3 Sp. Attack). The latter is only at the room with the eyes on the wall.
    Resort Area. When surfing, Golduck (2 Sp. Attack) can be found.
    Route 204. When surfing, Psyduck (1 Sp. Attack) appears often with Golduck (2 Sp. Attack) ocassionally.

Sp. Defense:
    Route 223. Tentacruel (2 Sp. Defense) and Pelipper (2 Defense) are common, while there are few Mantyke (1 Sp. Defense). Tentacruel seem to be more common, though.
    Any other surfing area. The most common Pokémon is Tentacool (1 Sp. Defense).

Speed:
    Route 226. There's plenty of Fearow and Raticate (2 points each) and sometimes Spearow and Rattata (1 point each). You may rarely find Machoke (2 Attack) or Golduck (2 Attack). It's better at day, because Banette (2 Attack) appear frequently at night.
    Victory Road B1F. When surfing, Golbat (2 Speed) are the only Pokémon to be found.
    Trophy Garden. Though Roselia (2 Sp. Attack) are more common that others, there are Pichu (1 Speed), Pikachu (2 Speed), Staravia (2 Speed) and Kricketune (2 Attack). Note that, during the morning, Pichu are more common; in the day, Staravia; and during the night, Kricketune; though neither of these affect the number of Roselia.
    Route 221. In Pearl, Gastrodon (2 HP) will be pretty common and there will be Sudowoodo (2 Defense). In Diamond, some Gastrodon (2 HP) are replaced by Stunky (1 Speed) and Skuntank (2 HP) The rest are Roselia (2 Sp. Attack), Shellos (1 HP), Floatzel (2 Speed) and Wingull (1 Speed).
    Links:
    The PokčCommunity | PIForums
    Currently Working On:
    Roleplay | Writing | Better Signature

You didn't mention speed in those stats you were leveling, OP. Speed can be the deciding factor at the start of a match, and while a fast pokemon isn't necessarily what you want to start out with, a powerful sweeper with some good speed is honestly the best foot forward.

Error does not become Truth because it is widely accepted;
    Truth does not become error, even when it stands alone.

Paired with: Mex - Eve