Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell me what you all think of communism REALISTICALLY

Honourable trainer (no legends!) tombos8's Avatar

Default Tell me what you all think of communism REALISTICALLY

Tell me what you all think of communism; realistically, no immature "ugh it sucks" or automatically associating it with the former soviet union at every turn. Any fellow sociologists out there
    ONLY THE DISHONOURABLE USE LEGENDS! WHATS THE MATTER WITH YOU? ARE YOU SO AFRAID TO TRAIN A POKEMON FROM BIRTH OR ONE THAT HAS NORMAL STATS? ASK YOURSELF; WOULD YOU LOSE IF YOU DIDNT USE A LEGEND?

I think it is a very good concept however it is incredibly impractical and could never succeed.

Some guy will always want more, it's the nature of man.

If only people were trustworthy, incorruptible, it would be perfect utopia.

If you try to execute communism every time it will turn into fascism.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

Human nature prevents it happening, but it's a truly marvellous social system. We are talking Marxist communism, right?

If you want to call it that yes, Lenin just attempted to integrate marxs' philosophy into society. It is difficult to define 'russian communism'. You have to assess what is living and what is dead in the philosophy of Marx. Try to compare Neo Marxism to globalization. Materialism will always create an indeterminate relationship between that and the original marxist theories. What i really want to find out is how people would envelop modern communism into a society
    ONLY THE DISHONOURABLE USE LEGENDS! WHATS THE MATTER WITH YOU? ARE YOU SO AFRAID TO TRAIN A POKEMON FROM BIRTH OR ONE THAT HAS NORMAL STATS? ASK YOURSELF; WOULD YOU LOSE IF YOU DIDNT USE A LEGEND?

I'm for highly regulated capitalism with a large number of well-funded social programs.

Capitalism is a method of exploiting human nature for a positive social structure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    Capitalism is a method of exploitng human nature for a positive social structure.
    So i take it that you believe capitalism today gives us a 'stable' system?

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    I'm for highly regulated capitalism with a large number of well-funded social programs.
    what do you mean by highly regulated capitalism and well-funded programs? Im intrigued

Absolutely. It uses our greed as a motivating force to encourage social development and maintain the complex way in which our lives have developed.

Modern capitalism is interesting. It is still disgustingly exploiting third world countries, but those in power have really smartened up on how to do things in their own countries.

The Communist Manifesto was a fantastic, and correct work for Marx's time. If conditions were still the same, I would be completely behind a legion of workers rising up and brutally murdering the land owners and businessmen. Domestic capitalism in America is still exploitive, but not as harsh. Working conditions are good, wages are livable in most cases, but it still very much serves to keep most people forever under and those born into rich pseduo-aristocratic families forever above. Our media and rigid education structure goes a long was in helping this. 'Success' in America isn't starting up a business and living on your own means anymore, it's methodically going through a shitty education process, working a decent office job for 80k a year, and being shackled by debt until you have about 10 years left to live, and then you just don't care anymore.

I think I'm a little less cynical than you. I'd say success was running a major company.

Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar

I can sum up what I think of communism these days in one simple Onomatopoeia

Yawn

Communism is hardly boring Mario!

Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar

It's old news.

It seems like these days what every kid under the age of 16 who knows what it is wants to talk about like it's the greatest thing ever when it's only pretty great but pretty impossible. It all comes down to lame philosophy about mankind's inherent nature and social norms and blah blah blah

Everybody knows mankind's inherent nature is selfish bastard.

Well, I think that people are born fundamentally good and they evolve toward selfish bastardism. The race is generally good, born good, and without the influence of society would be good... but has a tendency to be evil. Mostly because people do unto others as they do unto them instead of as they would have them do...

So one bad guy on a subway car screws up the rest of the day for everyone that the people on that subway car encounters. You've put me in a bad mood so I am going to put others into a bad mood. You can see how that would snowball.

When its a dog eat dog world, dogs eat other dogs. Y'know?

I think it's the other way around. Genetically speaking every living thing is, at heart, a selfish bastard. The job of your genes is to make sure they get passed on. In order to become successful lots of these genes must be passed on, and for this to happen to you must have lots of children. One way to achieve this is to extend your life span as much as possible, and this is achieved by doing things that benefit you. In human society this system doesn't apply because of the rules we've placed upon ourselves, but the genes still run on it. Therefore every human is trying to do the best for themselves. Sometimes this involves selfishness, other times it requires altruism. Anyway, a communist society is in danger of exploitation by the greedy individual, and because such selfishness is fundamental it will always happen.

Sure if we were primal beasts lead only by our instincts. At the heart of it we are basically good creatures. We are thinking, ethical if not moral creatures.

The fact that humans believe they have a soul, an after life or another life, implies that they typically have a desire to do and be good.

Furthermore, true evil does not exist without man. To have the desire to see your line succeed is not evil, it is survival of the fittest. It only becomes evil when the concept of evil is applied by man, which was created by man.

To murder for lust, greed, etc is evil, but to murder for survival is not. With only a few exceptions animals do not murder for just the joy of it, that is left only to man. Therefore man is the only creature with the capacity to be evil, but they are not born evil.

Evil was created by man, is applied by man and cannot exist without man but man is not inherently evil.

Also your actions can only be wrong if you know they are wrong. Man is the only beast with a conscience, with the mental capacity to do evil consciously. Therefore man is the only evil creature.

The devil isn't in the darkness, he's rattling around inside.

Evil is an opinion.

Exactly. So without the mental capacity to have opinions evil cannot exist. Therefore, man as a race, must be good, or at the very least neutral.

Technically evil doesn't exist.

Anyway, I never said humans were inherently evil, I said they were inherently selfish.

Not in the animal kingdom and neither does good, there is only neutrality.

Evil people do exist. Evil actions do exist. Because there is the concept of morals, evil can and does exist for people.

Without man's conscience evil could not exist.

Evil is simply what the majority believes is wrong, and is an ever changing concept. Evil as a thing does not exist; it is merely a way of expressing our feelings towards an action.

An individual can have their own moral code without approval of a greater audience. People can be moral without society. Unapproved actions such as murder are globally unapproved in every society known to man. As a concept, evil does exist in man and cannot without man.

No it doesn't. Think of it this way: if two people were living an area with limited resources, one would kill the other in order to improve his own chances of survival. However, in a large area with plentiful resources, a small group is better off than the individual, as gathering and hunting are much easier for a pack than a loner.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast