Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 103

Thread: Tell me what you all think of communism REALISTICALLY

  1. #51
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    But to be blunt, society can't exist without a grunt labor division. We NEED waitresses, steel workers, CNAs.

    A hospital can't run with only RNs. There have to be lower tiers that wipe shit, clean up spit up and deliver dinner trays.

    We cannot function in a world of kings. We need the peons, and the uneducated provide that. That is why there are no good universal education systems available.

    Doctors need receptionists, and people who have an education do not like to demean themselves by answering their own phones.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  2. #52
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keke Le Cat View Post
    But the manager has worked hard to get to that position.
    Not always. Not usually. People who are born rich stay rich. People who are born poor stay poor. 99% of the time.
    "I'll go," said Chagataev. "But what will I do there? Build socialism?"
    "What else?" said the secretary.

  3. #53
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,802

    Default

    I don't even believe that everyone should get payed the same. The steel worker often works harder but gets payed less than the steel manager - the steel manager is the manager because he was LUCKILY born into a nice upper-middle class family and therefore his background was productive towards the rigid socio-economically based education system, so he went to college and got degrees and became the manager. The worker was UNLUCKILY born into a lower class family and his background was not productive toward the rigid socio-economically based education system, so he didn't go to college, he went into the work force and works much harder than the manager, and even had to work harder throughout his education and outside life, but the manager gets payed more and has a better life quality. Why? Because he was born luckier. That is basically how the world works.

    I don't mind the manager getting payed more. What I mind is if the worker cannot afford health care for himself and all his children, if he and his children are denied the feeling of financial security and disposable income, and if institutions such as public education continue to be strong prejudiced towards those born into good upper-middle class families. All these things happen and therefore I take issue with our current state of capitalism.
    "I'll go," said Chagataev. "But what will I do there? Build socialism?"
    "What else?" said the secretary.

  4. #54
    Advanced Trainer Nocturne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    8,353

    Default

    I believe there are exceptions to that. Minorities born poor tend to stay poor nowadays, but whites born poor apparently appeal to society as a Cinderella story and they are often helped to an extensive degree to get what they want.

  5. #55
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    I believe there are exceptions to that. Minorities born poor tend to stay poor nowadays, but whites born poor apparently appeal to society as a Cinderella story and they are often helped to an extensive degree to get what they want.
    Well of course MORE white people born poor can move up in society than blacks born poor can. But drive down to rural Alabama and I don't think you'll see a lot of upward mobility. Don't forget those illiterate, inbred, fervent racists are discriminated against by upper-class whites just as much as they discriminate against blacks. Albeit less violently.
    "I'll go," said Chagataev. "But what will I do there? Build socialism?"
    "What else?" said the secretary.

  6. #56
    Advanced Trainer Nocturne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    8,353

    Default

    The thing with those rural white rednecks though, is that despite being hated by almost everyone, they are happy with their current state. Despite being poor and living in inadequate housing and societies, with inadequate education, they are happy with what they have. They show no drive to move up on the world, and it seems like they're just free shots for the aristocratic whites.

  7. #57
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,802

    Default

    They are not happy with their state. If they were happy with their state they would not be so prejudice towards minorities.
    "I'll go," said Chagataev. "But what will I do there? Build socialism?"
    "What else?" said the secretary.

  8. #58
    Advanced Trainer Nocturne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    8,353

    Default

    I think that prejudice is just the social norm for them, and nothing personal. They've just been so inbred and dumbed down to a state that familial racism is, sadly, one of the few things they have left to hold on to.

  9. #59
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    It isn't public education which is biased, it is private, because private schools have to make their own money. A private school must always be better than a public school, otherwise it cannot justify how much it costs. Therefore the level of education will always be greater than that of a public school. This education is only available to those with the money to afford it (plus the few like myself who are on bursaries [yep, I'm not rich. Scary thought, huh?]). Of course, the only reason I'm arguing this point is the assumption that by public you meant state. If by public you meant private then yes, it is their fault. Well, maybe. Perhaps if the government had gotten its act together at the start there wouldn't have been a market for private education, but whatever.

    Prejudice is the result of your genes looking after themselves. If you look sufficiently different to someone else, your genes aren't gonna be there, hence the compulsion to discriminate against such individuals in order to reduce competition. That doesn't make it right of course, but it does explain why it happens.

  10. #60
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,802

    Default

    Bias towards upper-middle class has nothing to do with the quality or complexity of the education.
    "I'll go," said Chagataev. "But what will I do there? Build socialism?"
    "What else?" said the secretary.

  11. #61
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,802

    Default

    And well of course no true UPPER class person will go to a public school.
    "I'll go," said Chagataev. "But what will I do there? Build socialism?"
    "What else?" said the secretary.

  12. #62
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    It has plenty to do with it. It doesn't matter how smart you are, without the money you are extremely unlikely to get into a good private school.

  13. #63
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,802

    Default

    Genes have very little to do with discrimination and competition at this point. It used to be that we instinctively viewed those different as enemies, as people from other tribes who will attempt to take our resources. This is no longer the situation. Everyone's brain still sends up a big warning signal a split second after the image of someone of a different race is shown to them - but the human brain is evolving so that that signal is quickly supressed. Genetically, there is no longer any reason to be prejudice against other races, ethnicities, etc, or to only want to help our families or even only our countries - but the upper class uses things like religion and race coupled with terrible education to make the masses believe there is, because it makes them easier to control.

    If you feel someone below you(gays, illegal immigrants, blacks, whatever) are the ones ruining society and diminishing your life quality, you don't get around to thinking it is actually the ones ABOVE you who are doing that, which is ture.
    "I'll go," said Chagataev. "But what will I do there? Build socialism?"
    "What else?" said the secretary.

  14. #64
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    It has plenty to do with it. It doesn't matter how smart you are, without the money you are extremely unlikely to get into a good private school.
    no you are saying that bias towards higher classes has to do with how good the education is. its doesnt. that implies that the upper classes are just born smarter and more capable than the lower classes, which isnt true.
    "I'll go," said Chagataev. "But what will I do there? Build socialism?"
    "What else?" said the secretary.

  15. #65
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    That's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is that the quality of private education is higher than that of state, and so in general the higher classes are better qualified. If you were to take two equally talented and capable students and take one through private school and one through state, the private student will end up better qualified. Why do you think parents with abnormally intelligent children work so hard to get them into private schools?

  16. #66
    Advanced Trainer Nocturne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    8,353

    Default

    I disagree with that. Not to toot my horn or anything, but I am the most intelligent person of my age that I have ever met (notice, this is not including memorizing entire textbooks for joy, I am talking about academic intelligence for practical uses and cultural understanding) and I have gone to public school for most of my life. Even the private school that I went to though was fairly low on the scales as far as private schools go. If someone is truly intelligent, they can excel to the same degree in either environment. Private school just speeds it up a bit, and they learn while in school, while intelligent people in public school can tend to be curious and hungry for knowledge that the schools don't provide, and they end up becoming more resourceful and well-read.

  17. #67
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,802

    Default

    success in school has nothing to do with intelligence
    "I'll go," said Chagataev. "But what will I do there? Build socialism?"
    "What else?" said the secretary.

  18. #68
    Advanced Trainer Nocturne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    8,353

    Default

    You can be intelligent without succeeding obviously, but if you succeed (not on purely curricular levels, of course) you are probably intelligent.

  19. #69
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    If that is the case, why do private schools exist?

  20. #70
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    I believe there are exceptions to that. Minorities born poor tend to stay poor nowadays, but whites born poor apparently appeal to society as a Cinderella story and they are often helped to an extensive degree to get what they want.
    Most IGNORANT post ever.

    Minorities get free education, small business GRANTS, interest free small business loans...

    It is literally possible for a minority to get $3 MILLION in small business loans with a good pitch. I KNOW this because there was a huge right up in the paper about a young black man who started a business starting out with nothing but a dream... http://www.gramtel.com/content/Home.aspx

    The city/state/country government gave him loads of free cash, interest free loans up to about $3mil BECAUSE he was a minority. After the business was a success he sold out to a major monopoly for a huge profit... Which I think was shifty. But he is set for life like he won the lottery because he had CHARISMA. He was a smooth talker.

    If anything since Affirmative Action it is a GREAT hindrance to be a white man in the job market. They will hire almost anyone over a white man. Including white women.

    When I worked at CIGNA HealthCare as a claims processor I worked my ass off to keep up with minimal claim processing guidelines (minimal was 23 an hour, I usually did at least 30 but once you put a minimum on me I worry.) The black girl next to me was such a character, really I loved the woman. But she came in to work at 10am every day, left early, always "forgot" to clock in or out, processed POORLY about 10 claims an hour when she was at her desk, constantly ate at the keyboard, constantly talked (hilariously,) and was generally fire-proof because she was one of about 20 black people out of 2k white women. There were literally like 6 men who worked there, they were fire-proof as well.

    So minorities have a huge advantage.

    So yeah, stop talking out of your ass till you spend a few years in the work force.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  21. #71
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Ed, private schools exist because of
    1.) christians
    2.) columbine style shootings
    3.) rich people

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  22. #72
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    If that is the case, why do private schools exist?
    So rich people can feel exclusive.
    "I'll go," said Chagataev. "But what will I do there? Build socialism?"
    "What else?" said the secretary.

  23. #73
    In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.
    Posts
    15,996

    Default

    So why do they have bursaries? That's not very exclusive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keke Le Cat View Post
    Ed, private schools exist because of
    1.) christians
    2.) columbine style shootings
    3.) rich people
    BRITAIN. For f***'s sake people, keep up.

  24. #74
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    There are no christian private schools in britain? There are no rich people who go to exclusive schools in britain? There have been no school shootings in britain?

    Why would you ask americans why there are private schools in britain?

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  25. #75
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    So why do they have bursaries? That's not very exclusive.
    To be patronizing.
    "I'll go," said Chagataev. "But what will I do there? Build socialism?"
    "What else?" said the secretary.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •