Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tell me what you all think of communism REALISTICALLY

I've never experenced any of those things either, and I've been in public school for 14 years. They're probably not that way because of homeschool, they are probably being homeschooled because they are that way.
    Every person I have ever met who was home schooled (dozens) and every person my professor has ever met who was home schooled (hundreds) were weird. You think that coincidentally they were socially inept, strange, inarticulate, and that is why their parents decided to home school them? If you really believe that then you are amazingly naive.

When you are home schooled you have your family, and thats it. No friends. You never spoke to one person in your entire life at school? Never made one friend?

Also my father idolized me, and I idolized him. We were very close, best friends, but that doesn't compare to the relationship you can form with a person your age. He praised me constantly. I was his princess. Without anyone to counter that I had a swelled ego, a very swelled ego. I had a really unrealistic expectation of my own self-worth. Going into my first day at college, my first day on the job... It's impossible to explain how I felt. I thought I was better than EVERYONE. I was prettier, smarter, more skilled. Needless to say there are a few people who may possibly be prettier, or maybe even smarter than I am. When I experienced my first crashing defeat, it hit me a lot harder than someone who had a realistic self image, or even just a counter in the hazing you experience at school. Now I have a really low opinion of self-worth. I may have a more realistic self-concept if I had more experience with people.

Nothing compares to the experience one receives when in a group of people their own age. You need that to form a normal herd mentality.

People are sheep. They need the herd. Without the herd their brain doesn't develop properly. It's scientifically proven.

It may be that some of the people home schooled are home schooled because they are that way but the vast majority are that way because they are home schooled.

It's not normal to be cloistered in your home with only your family.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keke Le Cat View Post
    Every person I have ever met who was home schooled (dozens) and every person my professor has ever met who was home schooled (hundreds) were weird. You think that coincidentally they were socially inept, strange, inarticulate, and that is why their parents decided to home school them? If you really believe that then you are amazingly naive.

When you are home schooled you have your family, and thats it. No friends. You never spoke to one person in your entire life at school? Never made one friend?

Also my father idolized me, and I idolized him. We were very close, best friends, but that doesn't compare to the relationship you can form with a person your age. He praised me constantly. I was his princess. Without anyone to counter that I had a swelled ego, a very swelled ego. I had a really unrealistic expectation of my own self-worth. Going into my first day at college, my first day on the job... It's impossible to explain how I felt. I thought I was better than EVERYONE. I was prettier, smarter, more skilled. Needless to say there are a few people who may possibly be prettier, or maybe even smarter than I am. When I experienced my first crashing defeat, it hit me a lot harder than someone who had a realistic self image, or even just a counter in the hazing you experience at school. Now I have a really low opinion of self-worth. I may have a more realistic self-concept if I had more experience with people.

Nothing compares to the experience one receives when in a group of people their own age. You need that to form a normal herd mentality.

People are sheep. They need the herd. Without the herd their brain doesn't develop properly. It's scientifically proven.

It may be that some of the people home schooled are home schooled because they are that way but the vast majority are that way because they are home schooled.

It's not normal to be cloistered in your home with only your family.
    Well is it a coincidence that everyone in the psychward is somehow psychotic?

And I think I'm better than everyone and my mom doesn't do anything to help my ego and neither does anyone at school. It's just the way I am. It has nothing to do with the kind of schooling I got. I got the same as everyone else.

I only ever made one friend at school, and that was Tim. Other than that I avoid all human contact as much as I possibly can. At the most, sometimes I'll socialize with teachers or other adults from time to time, because they are the only ones who I consider anywhere near on my level.

I know a few people who were homeschooled for a time and are completely fine. Sure Hippy Dylan is a little goofy sometimes, but that's just his fun personality. He's more social than anyone I know.

I'd say that's the exception rather than the rule.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345