Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 50 of 50

Thread: Only Atheist at School!

  1. #26
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Well. If you don't like being picked on by theists, don't tell them you are atheist... Problem solved. If you have already flaunted your belief in their face, deal with the insults. I doubt it will come down to a religious killing in high school. Heh.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  2. #27
    Registered Users Regular Hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Its to late now I already confessed I was a Atheist. Once you say something it can never to taken back.

    *Both Made by Ph3nom*



    With These Hands, I Can Take Life. With Our Body We Can Make Life. Doesn’t That Make Us Godly.

  3. #28
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    You're pathedic

  4. #29
    Registered Users Regular Hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mario The Black Knight View Post
    You're pathedic
    You spelled it wrong its Pathetic

    *Both Made by Ph3nom*



    With These Hands, I Can Take Life. With Our Body We Can Make Life. Doesn’t That Make Us Godly.

  5. #30
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Well you showed me.

  6. #31
    Registered Users Regular Hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Sarcasm is a funny thing isn't it.

    *Both Made by Ph3nom*



    With These Hands, I Can Take Life. With Our Body We Can Make Life. Doesn’t That Make Us Godly.

  7. #32
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Your Pathetic.

  8. #33
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    I have not been twelve at any time I have been on this forum, aside from maybe two weeks.

    You do not recognize them as strong arguments and I don't recognize yours as strong either because of the fact that we are both too arrogant regarding the other to accept that they are halfway decent sometimes.
    I am the most objective person in the world, and I will say Mario has by far the more compelling arguments.

  9. #34
    Registered Users Regular Hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    I am the most objective person in the world, and I will say Mario has by far the more compelling arguments.
    Can you give reasons why you think this?

    *Both Made by Ph3nom*



    With These Hands, I Can Take Life. With Our Body We Can Make Life. Doesn’t That Make Us Godly.

  10. #35
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,742

    Default

    I could.

  11. #36
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    If you ignore it, it will go away. Live through it, don't provoke them, and next year if you don't mention it and act normal they will forget.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  12. #37
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,742

    Default

    hero you're black you shouldnt be an atheist. what would jeremiah wright think.

  13. #38
    Registered Users Regular Hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Jeremiah Wright can think anything he wants to think. I am not the only black Atheist nor MI the last.

    *Both Made by Ph3nom*



    With These Hands, I Can Take Life. With Our Body We Can Make Life. Doesn’t That Make Us Godly.

  14. #39
    Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kaleidoscope Of Mathematics
    Posts
    18,260

    Default

    The thread's title gives me the impression that you're saying that you're only atheist at school. As in, at home you would read the bible.

  15. #40
    *.*.*.*.*.*.* Leafwing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Do you live in America by any chance? (Hero)
    Paired with Link


    Finished@ 420 DONE
    *Credit to Anistasia for the Leafeon*

  16. #41
    Registered Users Regular Hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leafwing View Post
    Do you live in America by any chance? (Hero)

    Yep, why?

    *Both Made by Ph3nom*



    With These Hands, I Can Take Life. With Our Body We Can Make Life. Doesn’t That Make Us Godly.

  17. #42
    Advanced Trainer Nocturne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    8,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    I am the most objective person in the world, and I will say Mario has by far the more compelling arguments.
    I would say that you are not entirely objective in this situation, but that's a HANDS-OFF TOPIC.

  18. #43
    *.*.*.*.*.*.* Leafwing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Yep, why?

    Because America has a reputation for being a [quote mario] bible thumping society. I'm also an athetist, but trying to convice someone that bases their whole life around the "fact" of god is like trying to mix oil and water. Move schools, failing that, move countries.
    Paired with Link


    Finished@ 420 DONE
    *Credit to Anistasia for the Leafeon*

  19. #44
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    We are starting to veer away from that Bible thumbingness. Something like 35% of the population age 17-25 is Atheist...

    The problem most christians have against atheists is the few outspoken ones who are trying to get In God We Trust taken off the money, and out of the pledge of allegiance to the flag... I say live and let live. Does it really matter if that is on the money? If you don't want to say that part of the pledge, then don't.

    I agree that it doesn't need to be on there, this nation wasn't founded on any specific religion and it was supposed to be for freedom from oppression and they are indeed oppressing atheists... But it just seems like much ado over nothing.

    There is actually quite a lot of atheist hate crime going about, including general ostracizing for openly atheist families.

    Christians aren't known for their open mindedness and acceptance of other mindsets. In fact, doesn't the bible say to kill those who oppose Christ? Pretty sure it does.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  20. #45
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,742

    Default

    i hate organized religion. it is honestly just a way for the ruling class to keep the people in control.

  21. #46
    Advanced Trainer Nocturne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    8,353

    Default

    I know it does in the Torah for a fact, and I believe it does in the Bible as well.

    But yes, atheist oppression is rampant. The best part though, is when Christians, who hold a vast majority in popularity among the population, complain that we atheists are defacing their religion.

  22. #47
    Advanced Trainer Nocturne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    8,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leafwing View Post
    Because America has a reputation for being a [quote mario] bible thumping society. I'm also an athetist, but trying to convice someone that bases their whole life around the "fact" of god is like trying to mix oil and water. Move schools, failing that, move countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafwing View Post
    I doubt I'll be SIGHNING up somehow, it seems too VOILENT. If by some (what's the negative for miracle?) this gets going, it's probably a good thing that you wouldn't be posting.

    I lol'd too.
    Hypocrite much?

  23. #48
    Father Figure Qoorl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pokedream
    Posts
    7,716

    Default

    I think the best advice is really to get over it. If it's such a big deal, just keep a low profile and people will leave you alone. You just got stuck in a less than perfect situation. It would be the EXACT same if the situations were reversed though. If you were the only Christian in a predominately Athiest area you'd face persecution just the same. It would be in the form of them constantly deriding your intelligence instead of telling you that you're going to hell, but it'd be persecution just the same. A lot of Athiests are wacko nutjobs just like a lot of Christians. The ammount of bile some people have for Christians for little too no reason is absolutely as bad as the venom a lot of Christians have toward Athiests.

    Anyways I got off topic. Don't start stuff, don't try to push your unreligion on theirs and if they preach at you, just smile and nod and believe what you want to believe. I don't think they'll do anything really horrible. (allthough if they did, I'm confident the big G has a special punishment set aside for people who use His Name to harm people for their own self agrandizement.)

    Anyways, just let it roll of ya.


    Oh yeah, one more thing, The Lord Jesus Christ will save your soul if you go to him with a contrite heart and ask forgiveness and salvation of him.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

  24. #49
    Expires- 8/30/07 KidStatutory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,702

    Default

    Just don't talk about it.

    /endproblem


    Error does not become Truth because it is widely accepted;
    Truth does not become error, even when it stands alone.


    Paired with: Mex - Eve

  25. #50
    *.*.*.*.*.*.* Leafwing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    Hypocrite much?
    Please explain?
    Paired with Link


    Finished@ 420 DONE
    *Credit to Anistasia for the Leafeon*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •