Gold/Silver - Cheats
Clone Pokemon/Duplicate Item
- Attach the item you want to duplicate to the Pokemon you want to clone; up to five Pokemon with five items can be duplicated/cloned at the same time; don't withdraw any Pokemon, because they will be deleted.
- Go to your PC, and deposit the Pokemon.
- Switch boxes
- When it says "SAVING, DO NOT TURN OFF THE POWER" (let the whole thing come out, turn it off.
- Turn your game back on, and the Pokemon will be in your team and in your PC
Get All The Starters
First set the time to anything and then go to Prof. Elm's place.
Then just before you get your Pokemon, save the game. Then pick
who ever you want, and go to the point where you can get Pokeballs.
Then catch any Pokemon you like and keep it in you list of six.
Then go to the computer (don't save) and deposit the starting pokemon
(Tip: attach a Pokeball), now change the box and turn it off when
it says "DO NOT TURN OFF POWER". You will appear at Elm's pick another
starter Pokemon and go to the PC and you will have the starter in
the box and a Pokeball attached, then use the Pokeball to catch
another Pokemon, deposit the two starters and change box and on
the "DO NOT TURN OFF POWER" screen turn off then, do it again but
with the other starter and then you will have all three.
(Tip: you can do this as many times as you like so you could have
a hole line up of starters, or you could do it the other way with the link cable).
Sent in by: Chris PokeMaster
There's a great way to meet the legendary beasts quickly. Simply use a Max Repel, and have a Pokemon level 39 or less at the top of your team. Go into the grassy areas in Johto, and the beasts will appear. You'll find legendary beats easier in route right outside Mt. Mortar and the route right outside the right of National Park because there isn't much grass.
There are six useful trainers who can call you because they find rare Pokemon.
- Fisherman Ralph (Route 32): Qwilfish
- Hiker Anthony (Route 33): Dunsparce
- Bug Catcher Arnie (Route 35): Yanma
- Schoolboy Chad (Route 38): Snubbull
- Fisherman Wilton (Route 44): Remoraid
- Hiker Parry (Route 45): Marill
If you don't want to waste your time looking at the credits, press and hold B, and it will go a whole lot faster.
Get People To Call You
Not an exciting trick, but maybe you just feel lonely. Go to your mom, and switch to, or switch from Daylight Savings Time.